Exercising during Christmas

Options

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Absolutely work out if not more during the Holiday Season!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Excercise should be something you enjoy fitting in your life. What that means is different for different people. It might be a couple times a week for some or every day for 3 hours a day for others. Either way, when it becomes a chore you look forward to a vacation from you're in trouble.

Agreed. I work out 3x per week at the gym and lift free weights at home 2x per week with two rest days. Since I have access to a gym where we're traveling over the holidays, and can bring my weights with me (we're driving) it shoudn't be to hard to keep it up. While I don't love exercising, I do enjoy the feeling of accomplishment and the results, and if I don't do the above I definitely feel like something's missing.

And to be honest, I hate visiting my in-laws, so I'm super happy to have an excuse to bug out for a couple of hours. ;)
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    There's really no reason not to. Why "take a break" just because it's a holiday? I exercise when I'm on vacation as well. Again, no reason not to.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    There's really no reason not to. Why "take a break" just because it's a holiday? I exercise when I'm on vacation as well. Again, no reason not to.

I won't be going to the office either. :laugh: :wink: (just because it's a holiday)
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    The kind of cooking/baking I'll probably be doing really screws with my upper back/neck injury, so I'll probably have to not lift for that Christmas week. I'll still be doing LB, though!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    The kind of cooking/baking I'll probably be doing really screws with my upper back/neck injury, so I'll probably have to not lift for that Christmas week. I'll still be doing LB, though!

Blimey! Sounds like extreme cooking?

Is it a related discipline to extreme ironing:

extreme-ironing-funny-9.jpg

extreme-ironing-02.jpg
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Extreme ironing looks like fun!

The place we are staying at over Christmas has a gym. I have already informed my husband that if he needs me, that's where I'll probably be ;)

Honestly, stopping exercise never occurred to me. Even if away, it's fairly simple to go for a run, swim (it's Summer here) or do some basic body weight exercises. I'll probably adjust the routine a little, but still do something.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try and exercise more so I can eat ALL the food!!
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to work out xmas day itself but I will all the other days. I have nearly 2 weeks off work so will get some extra workouts in. I'm sure it won't even begin to offset the massive amount calories I will consume :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Isn't the 'Christmas season' about 1/4 year long now?
  • LaurenPell123
    LaurenPell123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I go home for christmas and my house is hectic right the way through -.- I'm hoping I'll still get my climbing sessions in, and some running. I'll be up the stables once a week too and weights I can do in my room....but there is no space for my workout videos - unless I can convince the family to have a laugh on zumba on the wii they're not getting done :')
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My family's Christmas weekend conveniently falls on the weekend I am taking off after finishing 30 Day Shred and before starting Ripped in 30. Yeah, I planned that. :drinker:
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm snowboarding for two weeks during xmas and new year - so I'm exercising everyday and will have a lot of fun. Yeah!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I stick to my normal routine it's more challenging because the children are home from school and we have my father in law with us but I am fortunate to have a home gym so will use that. I will relax my eating a little but won't pig out.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yes! Since I'm off, I actually enjoy my exercise more as I am not pressed for time! I am planning on mapping out a long run to do on Christmas Morning.
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I will be working out Christmas morning, after my daughter opens her presents and before I start baking. No excuses. Should be leg day for me. What a better way to start the day?
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    If I was in town I would totally keep to my workout schedule. This year I'll be out of town so I probably won't workout which I'm going to hate! I haven't taken an entire week off in over 2 years.
  • kamyers1289
    kamyers1289 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm taking Christmas eve and day off, because my family is going to be around and I never see them, so I'd rather spend time with them.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options

Blimey! Sounds like extreme cooking?

Is it a related discipline to extreme ironing:

extreme-ironing-funny-9.jpg

extreme-ironing-02.jpg

Extreme ironing looks awesome! I'm going to have to try that first move :D
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I missed my workout the day before Thanksgiving because I got home too late and did a double workout on Thanksgiving day to make up for it. I only take holidays off it they fall on a scheduled rest day.