How much money...

Options

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    This is the kind of exercise that will only make people feel sh!tty about their situations.
  • zagon_the_ultimate
    zagon_the_ultimate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    "forced" to take my grandfather's M6 to school stop at the mcdonalds I used to work at manager i worked with sees me in the drive thru we hate each other she asks how did I obtain the car I ask for a hamburger, she gives me a hamburger I raise it to my lips and take a bite. My eye twitches involuntarily. Across the street a father of three falls down the stairs I swallow and look down at the hamburger in my hands. She gives me a hamburger I swallow and look down at the hamburger in my hands. I cannot swallow. There are children at the top of the stairs a pickle shifts uneasily under the bun. She gives me a hamburger I look at her face, and she is pleading with me. The children are crying now I raise the hamburger to my lips, tears stream down my face as I take a bite she gives me a hamburger. I am on my knees.
    I plead with her to go across the street. She hears only children's laughter she gives me a hamburger I am screaming as I fall down the stairs. She is my child. I cannot see anything I take a bite of the hamburger the concrete rushes up to meet me I awake with a start in my own bed. My eye twitches involuntarily she gives me a hamburger as I kill her, I do not make a sound she gives me a hamburger...

i like the way your mind works.

for me and the family i have (2 adults and 2 kids), my take home pay is about 1200 a month. out of that comes rent, utilities, gas, insurance, and groceries.
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    And I thought living in CA was expensive. My rent and utilities are around $700, student loans and CC is about $1000, then $500 for random stuff [food, gas, what have you].
    Living in CA is expensive, so I addressed minimizing the expenses. Seek, and ye' shall find.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    This is the kind of exercise that will only make people feel sh!tty about their situations.

Or let them know they need to be more fiscally responsible and smart.

Okay, they wil probably still feel chitty and blame everyone else for their lot in life, as well as say anyone who is well off is just "lucky".
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My monthly expenses for a single person with their own apartment is, approx., $2500/month...

Reaan
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Not really.
    I mean, take my personal example.
    Living in South Florida is expensive. Insurance is expensive and so is home ownership.
    As a result, salaries are also higher then average.
    I mean, my house was built in 1975 and we bought it for right around 200K.
    This same exact house in Augusta, Georgia would be around 90K.
    Everything is relative really.
  • Pandora_King
    Options
    About $12000

And I thought we spend a lot of money!

Figure in health insurances, life insurances, kids, investments, etc along with other monthly expenses and I bet everyone's would go up more. Luckily some of that is pre-tax so the money is working harder and smarter.

Oh yes. Americans have to pay for all that stuff. I forgot.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    A fish weir would have poles sticking out of the water.

I think he is trying to herd wild ducks into his dinner pot! :wink:

"forced" to take my grandfather's M6 to school stop at the mcdonalds I used to work at manager i worked with sees me in the drive thru we hate each other she asks how did I obtain the car I ask for a hamburger, she gives me a hamburger I raise it to my lips and take a bite. My eye twitches involuntarily. Across the street a father of three falls down the stairs I swallow and look down at the hamburger in my hands. She gives me a hamburger I swallow and look down at the hamburger in my hands. I cannot swallow. There are children at the top of the stairs a pickle shifts uneasily under the bun. She gives me a hamburger I look at her face, and she is pleading with me. The children are crying now I raise the hamburger to my lips, tears stream down my face as I take a bite she gives me a hamburger. I am on my knees.
    I plead with her to go across the street. She hears only children's laughter she gives me a hamburger I am screaming as I fall down the stairs. She is my child. I cannot see anything I take a bite of the hamburger the concrete rushes up to meet me I awake with a start in my own bed. My eye twitches involuntarily she gives me a hamburger as I kill her, I do not make a sound she gives me a hamburger...

That's what, about 4 cuil?

‽‽‽‽
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I had a very smart girlfriend who made me do a "Financial Inventory" in my 20's and it opened my eyes to the waste I had in my life. I still do the inventory every year. I also work with lots of young military and I help them (if they want it)

So Yes I am spending what I need to, I'm not cheap by any stretch but I am frugal
    I hope you married that "girlfriend"!!!!
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    And I thought living in CA was expensive. My rent and utilities are around $700, student loans and CC is about $1000, then $500 for random stuff [food, gas, what have you].
    Living in CA is expensive, so I addressed minimizing the expenses. Seek, and ye' shall find.

Yes, it is. I wasn't referring to your post though, rather the people with $10000+ a month in bills, but families get expensive fast. I'm living with 2 roommates and staying well within my means, putting away at least 1/6th of my salary every month for a rainy day.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I live at home, so $310
    Can I move in with you??? :cry:

Ask my parents
    I can pay!! :drinker:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    $1350- rent
    $1000 - Costco
    $500- misc
    $360- cell phones, cable, internet
    I'm sure there are other monies going out as I have a shopping addiction and kids need a lot of things
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    $1200 rent
    $ 500 gas (for the car.....ughhhhhhhhhhhh)
    $ 350 car payment
    $ 200 insurance
    $ 150 cable/internet
    $ 50 electric

too much.
  • futurestarz
    Options
    For my husband and I...about 3000 but if we lived the way we wanted to, I'd add another 1500. We cut back on a lot to save to buy a house!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    About 8800 euro/mo.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I will have to ask my sugar daddy what his credit card bill is.
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I have it worked out to where all of our bills (mortgage, two cars, gas, utilities, cell phones, etc) can be completely covered using one of our incomes, so that if one of us has a lapse in employment, we don't have to worry about losing things. We are in the process of selling our current house of 9 years for a nice profit and rolling it into a newer, bigger house on a 15-year mortgage. In about 4-6 months, I'll have my car paid off (I have had a car payment every month for the last 15 years of my life). I already have no credit card debt (of course I have cards that I use a little and pay off each month to maintain my credit score). A year from now, I should have my financial life in great shape for the future. Now, if only I could do better at this whole losing weight thing... my ticker hasn't made any big moves in a few months.
  • NiikouruDesu
    Options
    About $400.
    Enough to buy a couple boxes of fruit, a bag of rice, and a bit of fuel to get me and my surfboard to the beach.
    Its not much, but I am happy :)
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    35934.50 yen
  • purplepink1992
    Options
    We've also worked out that we could live off of one income, but we like the ability to buy things we want/go out/savings, apprx. $4500 a month including all bills, necessities, and extras.