Do you allow yourself a treat everyday or less than that?

Options

Replies

• GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I leave room almost everyday for either Skinny Cow ice cream bar (chocolate or caramel truffle only 100cals each) or a glass of chocolate almond milk (also 100cals). Now whether I get around to enjoying them is another thing. I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time most days to even think about a treat but I still leave room if I NEED something sweet.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I tend to save my cookies and desserts for the weekend (cause I bake on the weekend), but during the week my something sweet on most days is oatmeal. It sounds stupid but you can put ANYTHING in it. Nutella/coconut=mounds. peanut butter/nutella=reeses. the oatmeal fills me more then a chocolate bar would and it's probably the same amount of calories cause you can put as much of the topping as you want. That being said, if you want a cookie then have a cookie. Cause if you don't then your craving will just go into hiding and then when it comes out angry.....you'll eat ALL THE COOKIES! so have some cake or chocolate if you want it.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    most days!
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    When it fits and I really want something I will have a little bit. It doesn't tend to be daily unless I am stressed.
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Define treat. Because I don't care for candy all that much! But I do enjoy my cheese-string that I have once or twice a day! :D
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I hit my calorie goals and I hit my macros...I get my vitamins and minerals and requisite proteins and fats and then I eat whatever I want so long as I hit all of those other goals. Having a "treat" or not having a "treat" is meaningless to your weight loss.

Get your nutrition on and hit your calorie goals...and then go have some jelly beans. You don't get extra credit for more broccoli.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    For all you moderation preachers..............having a treat everyday is not moderation.

Huh?

:huh:

ETA: I see that others have already addressed it, so I won't pile on.
  • mistress8956
    mistress8956 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You can't cut it out because that leads to binge eating, but try to make good choices. Instead of peanut butter I use chocolate peanut better but I eat it on 2 rice cakes (under 300 cal total) but that would be my breakfast. Laughing cow desserts are also a good option. I make a batch (2dozen) of cookies for my kids I only bake 6 at time time (so we each get one) and freeze the rest of the dough to use at a later date. Don't deprive yourself just be mindful :)
  • Kelly_106
    Options
    I sometimes use strawberry jam on some cookies, every other day I ate a block or 2 (10-20g) of dark chocolate. Since you crave on sugar and want to eat chocolate and cake try to make something that is healthy, like the vegan 2 ingrediente cookie. http://www.theburlapbag.com/2012/07/2-ingredient-cookies-plus-the-mix-ins-of-your-choice/
    they are so good and satisfy your sugar cravings.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I personally can`t have a treat per day because one brings another one, then another one.... So I try to keep it for special occasions and not 2 days in a row. Anyway right now I care more about losing weight then eating treats, so I don`t really miss them.
  • ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You betcha! I have either ice cream or chocolate every day. Unless it doesn't fit into my macros. I know myself well enough to know that cutting out delicious food is just a bad plan for me. I didn't get here for a lack of a love for food, I just am eating less of it.
  • gale1089
    Options
    I put half a serving of chocolate chips (35 cals) … 1/4 serving of Chocolate Fiber One cereal (20 cals) … and a serving of Chocolate instant pudding mix (35 cals) in my egg white oats every morning. There's also protein powder and a few other nutritious things in there to balance it out. It's the perfect treat, and a great way to start my day :) Needless to say, i always look forward to breakfast. Check my diary if you need any ideas.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Damn you people. Don't you know that healthy is synonymous with miserable?
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of treats, but not daily. I guess it depends on your definition of treat. I think of things that I need to have only occasionally, like a piece of cake or pie or a Starbucks drink, because of the high calorie content. I often have chocolate and sweets, though.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I don't "allow" myself a treat. I'm not a dog. LOL. If I want something I eat it. If it's too much, I exercise.

Perfect. Just perfect.
  • ZoeLeighJackson
    Options
    As long as it fits in your calorie intake then you shouldn't make such a big deal out of it. It's alright if you're always on the go (study/work/exercise all day) like I am because I always do swimming in the morning, 1-3 hours spent at uni, 5-8 hours on average working at the restaurant and then 1-2 of gym in the evening. I wouldn't recommend it on a rest day.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    For all you moderation preachers..............having a treat everyday is not moderation.

*chortle*
  • ShellMarie35
    ShellMarie35 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I deal with the same thing and I always crave something with sugar , but I learned not to completely cut out foods that you love otherwise you will end up overeating it later. If I want cookies or hot chocolate, then I have it. I make sure to have a small amount and I make sure I don't go over my calories. If there's a chance I will go over calories then I make sure I exercise more during the day. There's no reason you should completely cut out foods if you love them.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Wow!
    What a sad post.
  • caffeinekandie
    Options
    I stopped looking at foods as good and bad, and then looking at the bad food as treats. Food is food. I eat what I want as long as it fits into my calorie goal. I'm recovered from an ED, and part of that was learning that I can't treat food like it's a reward system. That's what has worked for me in the past in loosing weight (unfortunately medication weight gain, illness that lead to me stopping exercise, then inertia/no desire to bother to start again once I saw I had gained 30lbs got me to put the weight back on), so I'm sticking with it this time around as well. I generally eat pretty healthy anyways, though I do tend to have a cookie a day, because I love cookies, and it fits into my daily goal.