How much money...

Options

Replies

• shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    We average about $7,100 per month in total bills (including credit card expenditures and daycare). We carry no credit card balance from month to month so that is a big bill each month. But I do get about 3,500 a year in cash back on my Amex card.

3500.00 $ cash back?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Rent - $1,100
    Utilities - $200average
    Gas - $20
    Food/Household stuff - $120
    Internet - $55
    Hulu/Netflix - <$20
    Fun Money - $200

And the rest of my income goes to savings, investing, and charity.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    About $2000

Rent: $900
    Utilities: $75
    Food: $700
    Yoga: $125
    Transportation: $115
    Pills: $85
    + Any Fun/Necessary Products and Activities

Also, I noticed someone said $3500/month wasn't enough to live in New York City. I live in Brooklyn with my boyfriend who lives off of $1500/month and we still have enough money to do fun things sometimes :)
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    more than i can afford
    rent: $656 (bills included)
    food: $215ish
    entertainment: the bf bank
    shopping (while trying to save): $100
    so thats like $1000 totalish
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    We average about $7,100 per month in total bills (including credit card expenditures and daycare). We carry no credit card balance from month to month so that is a big bill each month. But I do get about 3,500 a year in cash back on my Amex card.

Nice
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    35934.50 yen

I think for US$ 350.- you could not even get a piece of cardboard to sleep under a bridge...lol. I paid seven times as much during the ten years I lived in Tokyo for a 430 square foot apartment and that was just the normal price.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    10k/day CEO
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Under £500

:D
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I had a very smart girlfriend who made me do a "Financial Inventory" in my 20's and it opened my eyes to the waste I had in my life. I still do the inventory every year. I also work with lots of young military and I help them (if they want it)

So Yes I am spending what I need to, I'm not cheap by any stretch but I am frugal
    I hope you married that "girlfriend"!!!!

No, she was smart & very pretty but we were not meant to be together, still friends though:smile:
  • minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Under £500

:D

student wage?? :P
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Only $1300 having a "simple debt free life" and have not used credit for years.

Not sure it counts, but technically using my money I buy well over $1million of stock/shares and sell well over $1million in any given month holding up to $150k at any one time as it goes around and around.
  • paulylovesme
    Options
    Over $3000 but less than $4000. Just depends on what month it is and sales ect. I try to budget $75-100 per week for groceries but with supplements I go over sometimes. Plus there are 6 of us so food gets expensive.
  • buzzinghoneybee
    buzzinghoneybee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    All the monies.

Let's talk about what I want to live on: 10,000/month

Ahhhhhh a girl can dream.
  • paulylovesme
    Options
    I am reading all these large monthly debts and wondering who would be screwed if they lost their job and who would be prepared. I know we would be up a creek. I know there is a lot I could cut out but I know I can not afford to lose my job.
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    I am reading all these large monthly debts and wondering who would be screwed if they lost their job and who would be prepared. I know we would be up a creek. I know there is a lot I could cut out but I know I can not afford to lose my job.

Short term we would be fine if one of us lost our job because we have a 6 month emergency fund. I max out my 401k each year ($17.5K) and set aside a few hundred per month for my 4 year old (her college is already paid for so this is spending money for her college years so she will not have to worry about working). I grew up in a very poor family with 4 kids so am preparing my child for a much better fiscal life.

We will well but as someone else stated, it is expensive living in South Florida. We moved to a town with the best school system in Florida and pay for it in increased property values and taxes. But I want more for my child so do not care about the additional cost.
  • paulylovesme
    Options
    We have 4 kids and make just enough to get by every month. We only pay in $50 per month to our IRA. Until my husbands oldest children are 18 and we no longer have to pay child support we are kinda stuck. But tbh we have poor money management skills. we make a pretty descent wage just spend to the limits. Daycare also kills us :(
  • star5785
    star5785 Posts: 140
    Options
    We both work but live on one salary...5k when the economy was good, but we've managed to cut our expenses down to 4k/month.

That includes a family of four, mortgage, food, savings, extracurricular etc. We don't have any credit card debt & our cars are paid off so the 4k takes us a long way. Plus we live in the South where it's very affordable.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    The cost for my cocaine alone is like...$35,000 a month. Then you have to account for all the strippers, and economy sized bags of cheeseballs. So...probably like 50,000 or so. I know, I know, I shouldn't eat cheeseballs!
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I am fairly open and honest with my finances, so much so I've put my weekly budget on a Blog LOL!

Anyhew, our income per month is: $3,024.31

Mortgage: $902.00
    Car Payment: $336.98
    Phone/Internet: $125.00
    Electric: $185.00
    Water Bill: $92.50
    Groceries: $800.00
    Car Insurance: $63.44
    Student Loans: $111.00
    After School Care for the Kids: $297.50
    Gas: $160.00
    Misc. Spending: $300.00 (this includes Cat/Dog/Bearded Dragon Car, Bus Fare for my Hubby, and Weekly Pizza Dinner on Fri Night)

Total: $3,373.42
    Diff: ($349.11)

So yeah some things get paid each week and other weeks not so much...we're looking to get the car paid off next Spring w/our tax return and go without a car payment for awhile, that'll put that money back into our budget.
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Single mom. One income. Three kids. Bring home about 2000 a month and no get no help from ex husband. So I do it all on 2000. I feel like SUPER WOMAN! :)