5 ingrediants or less/crockpot

Options

Replies

• Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    "Santa Fe" Chicken Tacos
    1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (if frozen cook time is five hours if thawed cook time is three)
    1 can black beans, drained
    1 can corn, drained
    1 cup of your favorite salsa (I use hot salsa but it can be mild or something fun like mango)

Layer in crockpot from bottom to top : corn, chicken, beans, salsa (I find this order keeps the chicken very moist). Cook on low for 3-5 hours depending on the chicken. Shred the chicken at the end of the time and mix, Careful! the chicken will be falling apart very easily at this point. Serve hot on tortillas with typical taco toppings or just by itself.

Thanks...I will have to try this.
  • boopsiegrl
    boopsiegrl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    great share thanks everyone
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Bump. So many awesome ideas!
  • Whereismycoffee
    Whereismycoffee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Love some of these ideas! Thanks everyone.
  • bowling_king_82
    bowling_king_82 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love the slow cooker. Gonna have to try some of these.
  • blairkelly32
    blairkelly32 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For the Recipes!
  • jenniferarnold619
    Options
    Through out my life, my mom would take whatever chicken she had (skin or no skin truly whatever) put it in the crockpot cover with a jar or two of store bought spaghetti sauce (we used cheap Del Monte or Hunts) and if she was feeling really frisky she would add diced onion and bellpepper. Do this in the morning, cook on low all day. Come home boil noodles or rice and top it with your chicken. It falls off the bone and is AMAZING.

Another go to what ever meat you like with bbq sauce (pork loin, chops, chicken, brisket, etc.). Put in crock and let it simmer all day. It will fall off the bone and be fork tender.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Teriyaki Chicken

4-5 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts
    1 cup pineapple juice
    1/3 cup soy sauce
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    2 cloves garlic, minced

Put chicken into slow cooker. 
    Mix all remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken. 
    Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or high for 3 - 4 hours.
    I like to add pineapple chunks during the last hour or so. If you'd like to thicken up your sauce mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with a little bit of soy sauce or pineapple juice until dissolved. Remove chicken from slow cooker, turn temp. to high, if it's not already, and stir mixture into sauce. Cover and let simmer about 10 minutes. Add chicken back to crock and mix to coat. Serve over brown rice.

Chicken and Rice (It's not exactly healthy though)

2-4 chicken breasts (fresh or frozen)
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 block of cream cheese (cubed)
    1 packet of Italian Dressing (Good Seasons brand)
    1-2 cloves garlic (optional)

Cook on low for 4-6 hours (closer to 4, if fresh and 5 if frozen), or on high for about 3 hours (fresh). I add a bag of frozen corn during the last hour. Serve over brown rice or egg noodles. I've found it best to add the cream cheese and soup before everything else and let it soften a bit (to the point where you can stir it) before adding the rest of the ingredients, but it's not necessary. If it seems thicker than you'd like, you can add a couple tablespoons of sour cream in the last hour or so.

That sounds delicious!
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump for recipies
  • hold_the_mayo
    hold_the_mayo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Spaghetti!

My two year old loves it, and its even tweeked for a healthier, waistline conscience me. Enjoy!

1 Package of Frozen meatballs, I use Butterball Turkey Meatballs.
    2 Jar of Francesco Heart Healthy Spaghetti Sauce (One in the beginning, and one thirty minutes prior to serving)
    1 Jar of water
    1 Box of Garden Delight Noodles, we like the tri-blend and penne.

Combine all but the second jar, cook for 6 hours, 30 minutes prior to serving, add the second jar.

I top with basil, oregano, and F/F Parm!
  • heatherterp
    Options
    bump!
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • SusieCuteYay
    SusieCuteYay Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Roast (size ,, less than the size of the crock pot)
    Fry (thawed or frozen) meat until brown,
    with 1 Tablespoon of oil, and 1 Tablespoon of salt,
    Empty contents into crock pot
    Cook overnight in crock pot (on low or high)
    Add water as needed and veggies (potatoes, garlic, what ever, etc.)
    Cook an additional 4 to 8 hours
    Ready to serve
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Bump for recipes!
  • needy3
    Options
    Try this.

Awesome Roast Beef

1 - 2 to 3 lb Eye of Round Roast
    1 - can Beefy Mushroom Soup
    1 - can French Onion Soup
    1 - envelope onion mushroom soup mix
    1 - 4oz can mushroom stems and pieces, drained (if desired)

Spray crock with cooking spray. Put roast in the crock
    and top with soups.
    Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours
    Delicious and low-cal.
  • mickeymouse38
    mickeymouse38 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    salsa chicken
    -chicken breast
    -jar of salsa mild/hot
    -1 packet taco seasoning
    add chicken breast to crock pot. mix salsa and taco seasoning pour over chicken. cook on low 6-8 hours. shred with fork for tacos etc. the next day i use the leftover chicken to make taco soup

taco soup
    -lefttover salsa chicken
    -2 cans black beans drained
    -2 cans corn drained
    -rotel tomatoes
    -2 cans chicken broth
    cook on low 6-8 hours. serve with shredded cheese, tortilla chips,chopped onion,avocado and sourcream. i sometimes add another pack of taco seasoning to suit my taste.

bbq chicken or pork roast
    -bottle of favorite bbq sauce
    -pack lipton onion soup
    -chicken breast or pork roast
    add meat to crock pot then add pack of lipton onion soup,add enough water to cover meat.. cook low 6-8 hours. take chicken or pork out shred with fork . serve on bun with bbq sauce,veg/salad/or french fries . save some of the chicken or i half the pork roast i cook a large roast and if i do chicken i fix a whole bag of frozen chicken breast

pork/chicken roast with vegetables
    -leftover meat
    -lipton onion beef soup
    -6 red potatoes quartered
    -bag of mini baby carrots
    -2 stalks celery chopped
    -med onion chopped
    cook on low 6-8 hours. serve with jiffy corn muffins,and mac n cheese
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mickeymouse38
    mickeymouse38 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    saving for the recipes
  • micbea
    micbea Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Salsa Chicken

Dump a jar of your favorite salsa over frozen chicken breasts and cook on high for about 4 hours. At this point, you can drain the extra liquid and the end result will be the consistently of a chicken salad sandwhich spread or if you keep the liquid, it will be more like a dip. (I drain, but my friend who also uses this recipe says the only way to do it is dip style)

Now stir in a package of fat free cream cheese and cook on low for another hour or two. Other things I add at this point are green chiles, black beans, and corn. But this is all to personal taste - although,the black beans add great extra nutrition!

As long as you use fat free cream cheese this a great healthy and lower calorie dinner or lunch. You can eat it by itself or in a high fiber wrap, sandwhich, lettuce wrap, or salad.
  • ihammen
    ihammen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like take a pork tenderloin, cover it with a mixture of brown sugar (or molasses), onions, garlic, red wine, balsamic vinegar, seasoned salt and pepper. cook on low for about 6 - 8 hours. Shred with forks, and serve on big hamburger buns with some brie cheese melted on it. Sooo good.