What Food do you avoid on first dates??

Options
lknjohnson
lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
I know how messy I can get with Chicken wings(with sauce) And anything Mexican and burgers( because I like a fully loaded burger lol) so I avoid those. And I eat my chicken bone clean. lol I remember one date I completely demolished my chicken wings and my date was like "Well got damn!! You was hungry!! " lol I felt so bad at first but I was hungry. and it was good.

So what food do you avoid on first dates?

I know I am not the only one

Replies

• walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    None but I met my husband when I was 16 so I was very young when I had my last first date. My husband claims to have found it cute to watch me devour a huge combo mexican plate on our first food date.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Dairy.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Sphagetti and anything with beans
  • latewinter
    Options
    ive never had a first date.
    got my boyfriend at 19 and hated everyone before so... plus we were to broke to afford to actually go out. we don't avoid any foods though lol
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I don't "date".
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Anything potentially messy. I quite frequently miss my mouth when I drink from a cup (no idea how this keeps happening by the way) and if there is a sauce with whatever I'm eating then it's guaranteed to be all over me halfway through the meal.
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    probably wings or tacos! lol
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid "finger foods" like wings, fries, wraps... to much room for error and food dropping in my lap. :)
  • Blessed9jaBeauty
    Blessed9jaBeauty Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Anything extra "onion-y" or "garlic-y"...Bad Breath can be a MAJOR deal breaker...

th?id=H.4879590851282794&w=262&h=188&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7
  • lknjohnson
    Options
    Anything potentially messy. I quite frequently miss my mouth when I drink from a cup (no idea how this keeps happening by the way) and if there is a sauce with whatever I'm eating then it's guaranteed to be all over me halfway through the meal.

exactly I am the same way
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Might depend on the after dinner.... date potential
    but if a guy can't accept me sucking a ribs bone dry... he ain't for me
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Mexican. Lesson learned from that one time I ordered chimichangas, and had to practice my anal kegels to silently fart the entire way to the movies afterwards. Luckily it was a cool night, so I just lowered the windows in the car and blamed the smell on the water (Florida water tends to smell like sulfur).
  • lknjohnson
    Options
    Anything extra "onion-y" or "garlic-y"...Bad Breath can be a MAJOR deal breaker...

th?id=H.4879590851282794&w=262&h=188&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

lol. Same here. I always kept gum just in case because I love onions.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    oysters
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Might depend on the after dinner.... date potential
    but if a guy can't accept me sucking a ribs bone dry... he ain't for me

How YOU doin? :wink:

Meh. I'll eat anything. If I accidentally get some on myself and that eliminates me from the dating pool for her, then she is WAAAAAAY too uptight for me.
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Dairy.

yes ^ anything that gives gas
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Finger foods because I like to lick my fingers and it's kind of gross when I'm sucking nacho cheese off them.
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    beans and broccoli
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    garlic
    onions
  • lknjohnson
    Options
    Mexican. Lesson learned from that one time I ordered chimichangas, and had to practice my anal kegels to silently fart the entire way to the movies afterwards. Luckily it was a cool night, so I just lowered the windows in the car and blamed the smell on the water (Florida water tends to smell like sulfur).

lmao!!! yooo to funny. he was like " you smell that?"