Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ November '10

Options
Happy November everyone,

This forum group is for those of us of a shorter nature and face different challenges in trying to loose weight, exercise and change our lives. So if you're 5'4" or under (or if you just want to join anyway), please feel free to join us.

How did you do for October? Do you have any special plans to fight off the usual holiday pounds that pile up every year between now and New Years?

For some reason I went from August straight to November for goals. My only excuse for that is two kids in soccer in two different leagues in two different towns. But, soccer is over and I'm back on track to get to my original goal of 135 by 1/5/2011.

Welcome to all,

JAM jeannie)

Replies

• PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to join! I'm only 5'2". I lost 10 pounds in October and I'm hoping for the same in November. I weigh in on Mondays.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I am "fun-sized" as well. I barely make 5'3". I have been working really hard...lost 11.2 pounds so far. I am still excited and motivated, and it helps to have others to hold me accountable!!! I weigh in on Wednesday's. Not sure why I picked that day, just sounded good. LOL

We can do this!!!!
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! I'm 5'2" :) I've only lost 2lbs in October, but I've also only been on MFP for about a week and a half. I'm hoping to lose a pound a week in November and am really looking forward to hitting the low 160s and finally making it out of the obese category.
  • cspinney
    cspinney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am 5 feet tall and would love to join in. I find it so hard to make any progress, and then the minute I let my guard down it seems like all my hard work is undone. October was a back-sliding month for me (just too much going on and I was overwhelmed) but I'm ready to start over.

Right now I would just like to get under 150 lb, that's only about 2 pounds away, but I just can't seem to get there. Hope y'all can keep me motivated!

:)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I liked my October goals so much that I've continued them for November.......I did well eating at home but November will be a challenge since I already have five restaurant or potluck meals scheduled for the month........I had one day where I tried out my new location for exercising indoors on a rainy day and it worked well.....now I have videotapes piled up by the VCR in the guestroom (and I've moved the golf clubs out of the way so there's room to walk with Leslie) and I have DVDs piled up near the DVD player in the living room so I can dance to the oldies or do yoga when DH isn't watching TV.

:flowerforyou: I've been at or near my goal weight for awhile and continue the challenge of maintaining the weight.

:flowerforyou: I'm busy every day making applesauce with the six boxes of apples I got from a friend......for snacks I've been having apples and peanut butter and portion control is always a challenge for me with peanut butter.

:flowerforyou: we have friends coming for the afternoon so the dogs may have to miss their trip to the dog park unless DH wants to take them this morning while I'm line dancing.........his heart condition makes him unable to go out and do much when the temperature is too low, so often going out in the morning doesn't work for him
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    ~bump~
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone and TGIF! Today is a very special day as it marks my 1 year MFP annivesary. I can not believe it's been a whole year since I embarked on this journey. I am very proud of all that I have accomplished this year and want to thank you all for playing a very special role in it.

Today I completed the Legs and Back dvd from the P90X series.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Welcome Newbies! :flowerforyou:

Choco~ Congrats on your 1 yr.!! You have been doing amazing and are truly one of my biggest inspirations to keep at it!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:embarassed: Been doing bad lately, trying to get back at it.. Getting frustrated with losing this long going process. Startin to feel like im never gonna get it off. Hoping that when i start working next week, that will help me get my mind off food.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! Today I headed to my local gym and completed 35 minutes on the elliptical and then took a 50 minute kickboxing class. Tonight is one of two ladies night out events. My friends and I are heading to the movies to check out Tyler Perry's new movie "For Colored Girls" and then we'll head to a nearby restaurant for dinner, drinks and discussion.

Jzbaby: Thank you for the support. Hang in there, this process is for a lifetime so there will definitely be ups and downs. Take this process one day at a time.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Choco, congrats on hitting the one year mark on MFP.....you have been a beacon for all of us with your commitment to exercise and the great results you've gotten

:flowerforyou: Jzbaby, never give up.....take it one day at a time.....each day is a new beginning when you can start with a new resolve

:flowerforyou: Our friends from California arrived at about 2 PM.....they did a lot of sightseeing and got here later than we expected.....we drove to the next town over and had lunch at the Chinese restaurant voted the best in last year's newspaper reader's poll......I had Buddhist Delight with brown rice..........they stayed until about 5 PM and then headed off to take the ferry across the sound to stay with their daughter.......meanwhile I got an invitation to go to dinner with friends who were entertaining an out of town friend........in between restaurant meals I had a visit from a friend who was having a hard time dealing with something going on with one of her kids and needed to process her feelings......I rushed off to meet my friends at the Chinese restaurant near our house and this time I had shaved barley noodles with veggies and egg......line dance in the morning.....exercise bike at noon, and walking with Leslie after dinner :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: today I'm back to applesauce making with some "walk at home" and exercise bike mixed in while the applesauce simmers........it's too wet now to go to the dog park.
    :heart: :heart:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Posh – Welcome and WOW on the 10 pounds loss in October. Weighing in on Mondays is fine. We all do our own thing in this group. What diet plan are you on and what are you doing for exercise?

Brendansmom1- Welcome and Gratz on your weight loss too! Wednesday’s are fine as a check in day too.

Mybutterflower – Welcome. MFP is a great site. I know there are others, but it seems like my friends on the other sites haven’t done as well as we have here.

Cspinney - We will try to help you stay motivated. It is very exciting to have MFP finally tell you that you are no longer obese. Hang in there.

Choco – Happy Anniversary! I am coming up on two years myself on 11/8.

Barbie - I made 3 pounds of applesauce and it didn't last a week or even long enough to bag any for the freezer. I guess that means I should make some more too. I admire you being able to eat brown rice. I can't do it (TMI to explain why. lol) We did buy a rice maker and making rice in there is a lot better than the minute rice we use to eat.

JZ - hang in there. You just have to know that you can do this because you can. We all can.

To everyone - What diet plan are you on and what are you doing for exercise? It’s good to exchange ideas and I bet that many of us are doing similar things.

I started the day with an hour on the bike and doing my strength exercises with a 5 pound weight. I had to go back to 1 repetition each, but at least I am finally at the weight my doctor told me to start with. I am sure I will be sore tomorrow.

Happy Saturday all and :drinker: here's to good choices today.

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Yesterday's evening out with the ladies was great. The movie was very, very, emotional and deep but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The powerhouse of actresses was just unbelievable and they all did an excellent job. In my opinion, Tyler did an excellent job w/trying to stay as true to the play as possible. After the movies we headed to the restaurant for dinner, drinks and discussion but unfortunately that did not last long because everyone else had the same idea and it was a 2 hour wait. I chatted with the ladies a little bit but decided I was not going to eat that late at night. We arrived at the restaurant a little after 10 PM so waiting until midnight was not an option. After chatting with the ladies a little bit I decided to head home but because I was hungry I stopped by McDonald's and purchased a yogurt parfait and made some whole wheat toast. It satisfied me so I did not go to bed hungry. Also, instead of purchasing popcorn at the movies (please keep in my I ABSOLUTELY LOVE movie theater popcorn) I snuck in some apple slices. Overall I'm very happy with my choices yesterday.

I'm hoping I can make similar choices today. A different group of ladies are heading to a play this afternoon and we might have dinner afterwards. Since dinner is not definite I have no clue what my restaurant options are and am unable to check out the menu prior to arriving.

Anyway, today is my designated rest day so I decided to keep it light. I completed 16 minutes of the Fast Fat Burn dvd and 16 minutes of the Fast Abs dvd from the Kettleworx series.

I have been at this lifestyle change for an entire year now and have been pretty much maintaining my weight for over 8 months and I wanted to say thank you to everyone who's given me support, advice and encouragement along the way. My history has been that I do a great job from January to May and then slack off during the summer months only to find myself right back in the same boat come the fall, beginning the cycle over in January. This year has been different and I know it's because of MFP and all of you. Thank you again and I look forward to rocking out another year with you ladies.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: Thank you ladies for all your support!!! I:heart: mfp & the people in it!!! If it wasnt for this website I would have quit a long time ago. Im nervous about the holidays comming up. I really need to learn self control & portion conrol!! Weighing in tomorrow and tuesday.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Choco - Good luck with dinner with your friends tonight.

JZ - I build a treat into most of my days so I don't feel deprived and then pig out on goodies. I alot 100 calories a day for my ice cream treat. On days when I know there will be treats, I do an extra 30 minutes of cycling to offset the treat. It's why my weight loss has been slow, but I do think it keep me from giving up or going back to old eating habits.

This week will be very hard. We have no money til payday (11/12) and I am not sure if the groceries we have will last the week. I won't have to worry about making choices, just making it last for the 4 of us.

Have a great Sunday evening and a happy Monday to all,

JAM
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    JZ - I build a treat into most of my days so I don't feel deprived and then pig out on goodies. I alot 100 calories a day for my ice cream treat. On days when I know there will be treats, I do an extra 30 minutes of cycling to offset the treat. It's why my weight loss has been slow, but I do think it keep me from giving up or going back to old eating habits.

This is a good idea, justhave my one thing and done. Thanks for the advice.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Today I completed the Push Circuit 3 dvd from the Chalean Extreme program and the Core-week3 dvd from the Kettleworx series. My legs and back are very sore from last week's workout. I plan to push through the soreness even though I have to admit I procrastinated with today's workout. I really did not feel like working out today but managed to get up and push play on the dvd.
  • AngelSharum
    AngelSharum Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I would love to join y'all if that's ok. I'm only 5ft tall so I definitely qualify. :wink:

My goals for November are:

600 minutes of exercise...295 minutes so far
    Under 150 carbs each day....did this one so far
    Lose 2 pounds...already down 1/2 pound

I have several health problems and am on a diet and exercise plan from my doctor. It doesn't seem like much compared to most, and I do hope to up the exercise soon, but it's what I can do right now. I go to the doc Thursday and hope he tells me my heart has improved enough to do whatever exercise I want. Just have to wait and see I reckon.

Good luck to all of you!
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have been making slow progress, but at least it's progress. I have been out of town a couple of times recently and did not gain weight, which is a huge accomplishment for me.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: the wind is howling outside and the rain will start soon, but I started my day by walking the dogs on the hill followed by 25 minutes of yoga, then I made my breakfast shake and ate it while watching TV and riding the exercise bike for 25 minutes...what a perfect way to begin the day......now I'm ready to make another big pot of applesauce to freeze.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! I headed to the gym this morning to do some HIITs. I completed 35 minutes on the elliptical with the crossramp at level 8 and alternated between level 6 for recovery and level 10 for the intensity. I then completed 30 minutes on the spinning bike.

Barbie: Great job w/your workout. You're right it was a great way to start the day!