Healthy Breakfast Ideas (:

Options
rmunger94
rmunger94 Posts: 4 Member
What are everyones favorite breakfast combinations that offer quality nutrition to start off your day? It's always good to get new ideas! :smile:

Replies

• seatrip
    Options
    I mix 1/2 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh), 1 cup plain greek yogurt (I like Chobani) and 1/4 cup of plain rolled oats (uncooked). Very filling and holds me till lunch. I also like Special K Protein plus cereal.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    I usually have fruit in oatmeal and some toast! ( though I'm trying to cut down on bread lol)
    The oatmeal keeps me full until:happy: lunch time
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter waffle or Peanut Butter toast and an orange. Or a bowl of Greek Yogurt with honey and celery and grapes. Or a taco meat filled omelette with a side of green beans. Or a bagel with cottage cheese and sun dried tomatoes. Or Hard boiled eggs and fresh fruit. - Have had those kinda things when ran out of protein powder but have replaced my breakfast with a protein shake cuz I tend to crave carbs then and thats my busiest time of day so usually make a Dymatize Elite XT shake with fresh fruit,Matcha Green Tea and Lactose Free Milk.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    eggs, whole grain waffles, and bacon…boom!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    What's "healthy"?

I have an omelette (whole eggs plus whites) filled with a spicy tomato vegie sauce (zucchini mushrooms sweet potato), with a pile of broccoli, homemade EVOO mayo, coffee whizzed up with gelatin and coconut oil, and mixed berries
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    protein smoothies....Mmmm (walmart...super cheap)
  • marilyntally
    Options
    bread is a big weakness of mine as well. It's easy, quick, tastes good, easy on my stomach, and is filling. bread for toast, bagels n cream cheese, garlic bread and with sandwiches. Need to get away from so much bread!!!

I AM TRYING TO BUY ORGANIC, NO GMO'S, UNPROCESSED, MEAT, FISH, VEGETABLES, GROWN IN A HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT.

Some healthier items I like as well, are:

Oatmeal with fruit like blueberries, bananas, strawberries, raisins, cherries, or dates ( or a combination of these fruits) but then I fail because I load it with brown sugar. What is a HEALTHY NATURALsweetner, please?

I also like a bowl of cottage cheese or fruit, with a little granola sprinkled on-top. strawberries, blueberries, grapes, pineapple, sliced dates, coconut, etc. It looks like a sundae ! lol

Bacon (not crazy @ turkey bacon though) & eggs. Any-one got any ideas of a healthier good tasting replacement for the bacon?

poached eggs on wheat toast.

egg omelet. but I like cheese and onions in it. (But the cheese is fattening) any ideas for a replacement with the same creamy texture?

Peanut butter on toast. yummy

Greek yogurt.

I like cold cereal, too. ? I usually buy Kashi or some kind of Bran. What are some great tasting healthy cold cereals?

And, then I'm out of ideas. AND, I would like suggestions to improve my meals and get more ideas.

I need help!

How about you?
  • stinkinstone
    stinkinstone Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Try Muesli. I cut up an apple and throw in the pot. Done in 5 minutes, very filling.
  • marilyntally
    Options
    what is Evoo mayonnaise, please?

I like your idea of adding egg white to a whole egg in making an omelet to increase the protein. But as appetizing as the sauce sounds, my stomach doesn't handle real spicy very well, but I crave lot's of flavor. Any other ideas?.
    Eating just egg-whites never seemed appealing to me, but this recipe of 1 whole egg and 1 egg white sounds good. I am going to try this.
  • stinkinstone
    stinkinstone Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Try Muesli. I cut up an apple and throw in the pot. Done in 5 minutes, very filling.
  • becomeanewme
    Options
    My breakfasts are usually 4 scrambled egg whites (or 1 egg depending on how hungry i'm feeling) w/ sauteed veggies (mix of onions, bellpepper, mushrooms, zucchini, and spinach. Mostly 2-3 of them at one time) with either some corn tortillas or a serving of oatmeal.
  • marilyntally
    Options
    What is your favorite Brand and Combination of ingredients, please?
    Do you like it cold and hot?
  • marilyntally
    Options
    I want to by Protein Powder with no harmful additives, ALL NATURAL! I have only used Whey Protein Powder from Wal-Mart, but it has additives. I am looking for the best, least expensive Protein Powder with-out those additives. Any-one have any ideas?
  • marilyntally
    Options
    I used to make those all the time, using whole eggs. But I want to try this too, using 1 egg and 1 white. I got lazy or just plain forgot about my liking omelets. I haven't made one in a long, long time. Thanks for reminding me and suggesting the egg white.
  • marilyntally
    Options
    You have a bigger appetite than me! lol I could have the bacon and eggs OR the Waffle, but not BOTH! What do you put on your waffle? What do you think og Buckwheat pancakes. I find Multi-grain pancakes too heavy and I don't make waffles.
  • marilyntally
    Options
    You have a bigger morning appetite than me! I could eat just the eggs or the Oatmeal. Tortillas cause stomach problems for me. I am wondering how-ever, are you eating this combination for the reason of "pairing" which I know little about?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    what is Evoo mayonnaise, please?

I like your idea of adding egg white to a whole egg in making an omelet to increase the protein. But as appetizing as the sauce sounds, my stomach doesn't handle real spicy very well, but I crave lot's of flavor. Any other ideas?.
    Eating just egg-whites never seemed appealing to me, but this recipe of 1 whole egg and 1 egg white sounds good. I am going to try this.

EVOO - extra virgin olive oil.

I have 1-2 eggs with 3-4 whites.

And you can make the sauce taste how you like - I add chilli for heat, but also add paprika, cumin, coriander powder, fresh garlic and fresh coriander. You could add different herbs and spices depending on your tastes :)

I'm in Aus and buy a locally available crap free protein (WPI and WPC) made from the milk of pasture fed cows with no added growth hormone or antibiotics. Maybe try ordering from true nutrition in the states? They have a good range
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Every morning Monday-Friday I have two pieces of whole grain toast and one hard boiled egg. It is delicious and keeps me full until my next meal...no need to snack. On Saturdays & Sundays I usually substitute the egg with two pieces of turkey bacon. Mmmmm....
  • angelzprophecy
    Options
    ham and eggs
  • laownby
    laownby Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A Quest bar (this morning it was the banana nut muffin one) or Greek yogurt w/fruit and granola.