Replies

• sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I was at the grocery store recently and saw jalapeno cream cheese... Hmm.

So I took the salsa chicken recipe (1 jar salsa, 1 packet taco seasoning, lime juice, chopped cilantro, chicken breasts, high for ~4 hrs, shred with two forks) and added half a container of the jalapeno cream cheese to it 30 minutes before it was done.

OH

MY

STARS

It's the boyfriend's new favorite meal. Serve over spanish rice with shredded cheese & avocado to garnish for best results.
  • desolate_angel
    desolate_angel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    bump. Now I'm really hungry!
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm here for the food ideas!
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options

So I took the salsa chicken recipe (1 jar salsa, 1 packet taco seasoning, lime juice, chopped cilantro, chicken breasts, high for ~4 hrs, shred with two forks) and added half a container of the jalapeno cream cheese to it 30 minutes before it was done.

OH

MY

STARS

It's the boyfriend's new favorite meal. Serve over spanish rice with shredded cheese & avocado to garnish for best results.

Love the spicy jalapeno cream cheese...have it almost every day with eggs in a breakfast wrap. Never thought to put it in my crockpot....Thank you so much for the wonderful idea!!! Sounds delish! Your boyfriend is a lucky man! :happy:
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Love the crock~Bump;-)
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options

OH

MY

STARS

Love the spicy jalapeno cream cheese...have it almost every day with eggs in a breakfast wrap. Never thought to put it in my crockpot....Thank you so much for the wonderful idea!!! Sounds delish! Your boyfriend is a lucky man! :happy:

My pleasure! If you're at all sensitive to spice, I recommend using mild salsa and taco seasoning if you plan on using the jalapeno cream cheese. It adds quite a wallop!
  • marilyntally
    Options
    Is Mojo sauce really hot or spicy? My stomach doesn't tolerate those. But I desire a lot of flavor?
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Great thread idea!
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Boneless, skinless chicken, 1-2 lbs
    Crushed tomatoes, large can
    Chipotle peppers in adobo, as many as you like
    Chili powder
    Cumin

Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4. Shred and serve with almost anything. It's always a hit! (You can do the same with cheap cuts of beef. Good stuff!)
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • khykes
    Options
    BUMP
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Put a package of pork chops in add 1 can of golden mushroom soup and just a tad of water. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Makes a delicious gravy.
  • mchahanovich
    mchahanovich Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    1-2 lbs of chicken + 1/2cup brown sugar + 1/3 cup soy sauce + 1 cup pineapple juice = easy yummy hawaiian chicken
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    1-2 lbs of chicken + 1/2cup brown sugar + 1/3 cup soy sauce + 1 cup pineapple juice = easy yummy hawaiian chicken
    YES! This!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Id be shocked if in over 200 posts this hadn't been posted but since it is by far my favorite slow cooker recipe:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/02/slow-cooked-jerk-pork-with-caribbean_19.html

It is 6 ingredients (if you don't count the carribbean salsa)

3 lb boneless pork shoulder blade roast, lean, all fat removed
    6 cloves garlic, crushed
    2 - 3 tbsp Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning
    1/2 tsp coarse salt
    1 lime, squeezed
    1/2 cup fresh orange juice

You can also use Pork Loin or Tenderloin for even leaner (though not as tasty) version
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    These all sound so yummy!!
  • Rebeccamosley86
    Rebeccamosley86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump for later