I want to eat less and move more

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ummm so you basically want to keep doing what you are doing but have better results..?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    there is always shakeology...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    ummm so you basically want to keep doing what you are doing but have better results..?

No, I'm hoping to have more or less the same results I've had thus far, actually. Why would I do the same thing and expect different results? :huh:

I mean, I've most of what I wanted to lose (which isnt hidden, what with the ticker and all) so I'm happy with my results.
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Entirely possible, entirely sustainable.

It's hard work, so not 'easy', but it can be 'simple'

Just takes hard work (which I know you can do)
    and creativity as you adjust your life to accommodate your goals.

:flowerforyou:

This.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    If you want loose weight, I do not sugguest cutting down the amount you eat. Eat lot but healthy. If you want to loose weight or even get toned, you will have to make sacrifices and eat more clean. You can't eat less but enjoy hamburgers and pizza. Dieting is all about balance so as long as you eat healthy and what you want in moderation, along with exercise you should see results within weeks. Moving more and eating less will only make you feel dizzy and weak. I changed to a healthier lifestyle 3 months ago and these tips really helped. I am not a professional but based on a lot of people I know who are on a fitness journey, these advices have helped.

Wait... I can't eat less but enjoy hamburgers and pizza?
    Aw, crap. I've been doing it wrong this whole time.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    well I guess you have to work out at the gym because it takes 15 minutes to burn one gram of fat... But what i do is go by Dr. Taubes advice and ive been on diet for 5 and a half weeks and I lost 9 lbs.

Fat ~ 9kcals per gram.
    You're doing the gym wrong.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    This is exactly how I went into it and it's worked for me.
  • ndj1979
    Options

No, I'm hoping to have more or less the same results I've had thus far, actually. Why would I do the same thing and expect different results? :huh:

I mean, I've most of what I wanted to lose (which isnt hidden, what with the ticker and all) so I'm happy with my results.
    interesting concept….
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    And lift some heavy weights. I'd like to be sexy while doing so (Well not while, but perhaps after a shower and such)

I don't want to: Cut anything out of my diet, aside from calories.

Do any juice or water fasts in placement of food.

Be hungry.

Try out any fad diets.

Adopt a whole new philosophy in life.

Be hungry.

Suffer from food based guilt.

Drive myself insane.

Turn into a snob who puts down others and their choices in food for not being good, pure, clean, or whole enough

Be Hungry!

Bust my butt in the gym out of obligation and not out of a desire to bust my butt.

Any thoughts on the sustainability of this plan? Yes? No? Doing it wrong? Sounds too simple?
    I think it sounds like a perfect plan!

I did essentially this for a year and lost 66 pounds. I've continued to do a more relaxed version of this for two years after I lost the 66 pounds and haven't gained any of the lost weight back.

I eat what I want (healthy stuff & junk). I exercise (lift & hike/walk mostly). I don't diet or deprive myself, and I certainly don't have any guilt or negative feelings associated with food.

It's gone really well! I think it's the only thing that works for me - moderation & lifestyle change. :smile:
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    And lift some heavy weights. I'd like to be sexy while doing so (Well not while, but perhaps after a shower and such)

Be hungry.

Try out any fad diets.

Be hungry.

Drive myself insane.

Turn into a snob who puts down others and their choices in food for not being good, pure, clean, or whole enough

Be Hungry!

Bust my butt in the gym out of obligation and not out of a desire to bust my butt.

Any thoughts on the sustainability of this plan? Yes? No? Doing it wrong? Sounds too simple?

Easy - look at your food diary. Look hard at what you eat - see what has the most calories - eat less of these. See what has less calories - eat more of these instead of the high calorie foods.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    well giddy up and do it
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

Be hungry.

Try out any fad diets.

Be hungry.

Drive myself insane.

Be Hungry!

Easy - look at your food diary. Look hard at what you eat - see what has the most calories - eat less of these. See what has less calories - eat more of these instead of the high calorie foods.
    Or... continue doing exactly what she's been doing and getting the results which she has, thus far, found to be satisfactory. Either way.
  • mungowungo
    Options
    Oh sorry I didn't realise it was a "look at me" thread. I thought the OP was asking for advice.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Oh sorry I didn't realise it was a "look at me" thread. I thought the OP was asking for advice.

You thought something that ended with 'doing it wrong? Too simple?' seemed like I was in search of advice to you, and not a bit tongue in cheek?
  • mungowungo
    Options
    Oh well my bad - looks like you've done a wonderful job from your profile pic. Good on you.

But I thought this kind of thread would go better in the success stories not the getting started.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Oh well my bad - looks like you've done a wonderful job from your profile pic. Good on you.

But I thought this kind of thread would go better in the success stories not the getting started.

Its not a success thread though and I feel it better reaches its intended audience here.

And thank you.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • Sreneesa
    Options
    sounds suspicious.

are you going to jumpstart your metabolism at any point?

Yeah, I'm just waiting for my husband to come home with the jumper cables.

LOL
  • Sreneesa
    Options
    If you want loose weight, I do not sugguest cutting down the amount you eat. Eat lot but healthy. If you want to loose weight or even get toned, you will have to make sacrifices and eat more clean. You can't eat less but enjoy hamburgers and pizza. Dieting is all about balance so as long as you eat healthy and what you want in moderation, along with exercise you should see results within weeks. Moving more and eating less will only make you feel dizzy and weak. I changed to a healthier lifestyle 3 months ago and these tips really helped. I am not a professional but based on a lot of people I know who are on a fitness journey, these advices have helped.

Uh? Ummm... calorie deficit is how you actually lose weight.. I mean, I move more and eat less and not dizzy and weak. Am I missing something here? LOL......
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan. Putting joy into this and healthy self esteem, you have a great attitude. And why not be sexy while you are lifting? Buy yourself some cute workout gear and make an adventure of this weight loss/body sculpting journey. All the best to you!