Slowly morphing into FB? with "like" option?

Options
Madame_Goldbricker
Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
Exactly what it says on the tin. Do you think the "like" option is going to mean the demise of comments?

Replies

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    I dont like it one bit.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I like the like! Perhaps in just getting old and grumpy, resisting change:)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Nearly all forms of social media use it in some shape or form. It's part of the internet now as much as cat gifs.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I like it, but would be nice if they sent you notifications that someone liked your status, or comment. :)
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Nearly all forms of social media use it in some shape or form. It's part of the internet now as much as cat gifs.

cat-thumbsup-o.gif
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    No thanks .. FB sucks.
  • NormInv
    Options
    MFP just jumped the shark
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
  • KaosLynnRose
    KaosLynnRose Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    i didnt even notice it till u mentioned it
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Exactly what it says on the tin. Do you think the "like" option is going to mean the demise of comments?

That was the first thought that entered my mind. Must resist the like!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    it funny button it doesn't show up on my profile that i like what ever plus you can like your own comment. silly button my going use you to bug my friends list
  • NormInv
    Options
    if anything, people say 'Nice!' all the time, so what we needed was a 'Nice!' button!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Isn't this place already part plentyoffish with all of the 'sexy selfies' anyway?
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    LOL. Didn't even notice it until I stumbled onto this thread!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'm not overly impressed to be honest. I have a nasty suspicion it'll degrade into a series of people's posts just getting 20/30+ likes. Not saying that I always post the best/most well thought out comments myself all the time, but hell I at least like to show I made an effort to read folks posts. I think this will encourage a bit of bone idleness to it... Just my opinion.
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    There is a LIKE button???
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Until I saw this post I did not know there was a like button. As to whether I like it or not, I really don't have an opinion as I get few comments anyway, some likes might be nice.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    There are a bunch of things about fb that are wonderful. The like is one of em. It makes it easier to give your input in your daily rush. What they need now is notifications.. when people reply to you on forum posts, comment on your wall, like something of yours etc. It's not a bad thing i don't think because it seems like it would definately work in this setting.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I don't think so, I didn't lose 36 almost 37 pounds on FB! LOL. Sometimes 'like' is sufficient. "Drank 8 glasses of water" click like. Walked 5 miles WOOOOOT!!!

:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    if anything, people say 'Nice!' all the time, so what we needed was a 'Nice!' button!
    I would have voted for a WOOT button :laugh: