Tea Drinkers

Options

Replies

• Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I grew up drinking tea, thanks to an Aussie mama. I got hooked on soda in my teens. Though I changed to diet sodas, my addiction to sodas led me to drinking only sodas all day long. My housekeeper made plenty of money from recycling my empty cans.

When I made the commitment to lose weight in November, I also decided to exchange sodas for hot tea or water mixed with 1/4 part diet cranberry juice. I knew that I needed to drink about 1 gallon of water per day. Now, I am easily drinking a gallon of hot tea every day. I even have a little hot shot machine beside my desk to quickly make cups of hot water.

My favorite teas are Sierra Tea by Farmers Brothers. I especially love the Cranberry Apple and the Enchanted Moments flavors. My last order for tea bags came in yesterday. Those 450 tea bags cost me about $140. That is just how much I love my tea. :happy:

By the way, tea is a DIARRETIC. That means lots of trips to the bathroom. That flushing out of your system can help remove toxins in the body and clean up your skin; but it can also flush out other chemicals that the body needs, so take your vitamins. :wink:
  • Imgoing2makeit
    Options
    Taylors of Harrogate has magnificent flavor profiles as well as The Tea Smith. I forgot to add earlier.
  • Rachshuv
    Rachshuv Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've travelled all over the world and bring a tea back often, fennel seed tea is gorgeous and helps metabolism and digestion, nettle helps to cleanse...pukka do lovely teas and clipper sleep easy tea really works.
  • monikalama
    monikalama Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    harney and sons.. they are the best.
    MInt Verbena is my fav..
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My husband and I go through at least a gallon a day together of decaf black tea, and sometimes I'll have a big mug of hot tea with caffeine in the afternoon. I always use stevia, he likes without. Sometimes I'll take a cup with me in the car, it keeps me from buying pop while I'm out and about. I've never found any herbal or flavored tea that I like, just prefer ordinary black tea. I am looking forward to adding cinnamon though since reading these posts.
  • roolmc
    roolmc Posts: 47
    Options
    Brewed tea has less caffeine than brewed coffee so does have some caffeine but I find the effect seems to be gentler and longer lasting than the caffeine high and low from coffee. I'm not sure if that's just me or if there is something in that. Herbal and redbush (rooibos) teas are caffeine free so I have those at night.

Does anybody else find green tea sore on an empty stomach?

btw the Irish drink even more tea per head than the British, only the UAE and Morocco drink more - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_tea_consumption_per_capita
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I LIVE for Teavana! They get so much of my money...but it's so worth it.

Me too!!! Love that store! And they love my money..lol!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Yogi Licorice Tea.....YUMMY!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Yogi Licorice Tea.....YUMMY!

I like that one and the lemon ginger. And the Mexican chocolate one. These are my favorite bagged teas. (The herbal ones)
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I am an avid tea drinker. I love the Mango Ceylon tea (Republic of Tea). I also like just the plain Lipton tea bags and often I will add a little half and half to that. I also really like the TAZO teas (Passion and Awake). I also like the Plantation Mint Medley tea (it has an awesome kick to it that just always makes me feel better). Today I feel like crap and I'm just having a crummy day, so I know that there will be probably more than one cup of tea in my future after I get home from work today and I can't wait. It always calms and relaxes me especially when I'm in a bad mood or feel bad.
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    If I were home right now I'd take a picture of my tea collection to show you guys.

But seriously, I LOVE tea :love: Always have, ever since a friend's mum introduced me to chamomile when I was a kid. The owner of a tea stall that occasionally pops up around town recognised me from the one time I had stopped by before :laugh: Crazy Enthusiast Girl who buys all her stuff, that's me!

Here's (from memory) what I have in the cupboard:

English Breakfast
    Irish Breakfast
    Earl Grey
    Lady Grey
    Australian Afternoon
    Green
    Jasmine & Pear
    Chai
    Forest fruits (with apple)
    Assam
    Creme Caramel (BEST DESSERT TEA EVER!)

...and I swear there's more but I've forgotten :tongue: I'm enjoying a cuppa lemon tea right now though (it's breakfast time in Australia) :smile:

There was a French Earl Grey and a Velvet Chocolate that I nearly bought the other day (both loose-leaf). But I settled for the Christmas chai blend to be festive. Next time I'm definitely getting the other two! :bigsmile:

Oh, and just to add - some are Lipton (like Irish Breakfast, Australian Afternoon), T2 loose-leaf (Earl Grey, English Breakfast), some are Madame Flavour (Jasmine & Pear, Chai), Tetley (Forest Fruits), and the Tasmanian Tea Company loose-leaf (Creme Caramel, Assam, Christmas Blend)...the list goes on.
  • BarbarainMN
    Options
    Yes!!! I've always liked tea but had never been in the habit- always went for the diet soda. Well I committed to no more soda at the end of September and I've been drinking hot tea every day since. Green, a couple of the Yogi detox teas, peppermint, cinnamon, chamomile. I've only had a couple I just couldn't develop a taste for. My mouth feels better without the soda!
  • papetto
    papetto Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I LOVE tea. Try the Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride from Celestial Seasonings. Or their Gingerbread Spice. Egg Nog or whatever it was last year was so good, too. I think it might have been by a different company, but I loved it. Chai tea is good with or without almond milk, ginger tea is great for nausea, and there are tons of women's teas that I love. Oh, and Tulsi (holy basil) tea is good for stress. AND cornsilk tea is yummy and good for the bladder. >.< Sorry, I just love tea.
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options
    I've always drank tea. Until about 4 years ago, all i drank was sweet black tea- that's from having southern roots >.<

Then i read in a book about Earl Grey, and i drank ONLY that for about a year and a half, until i got sick of the bergamot. After that, i started drinking herbal teas, and rooibos tea. I've found that i really love peppermint tea, especially when my stomach is upset or i'm bloated- it helps a lot with both.

I also drink chamomile, spearmint, peach-mango white, oolong, and a bunch of others. My favorite is teavana's Pineapple Kona Blueberry rooibos/herbal tea.
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I drink all kinds of teas but I mention eggnog tea for the time of year :) it is really good and needs no sweeteners.
  • janet6567
    janet6567 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am an avid iced tea drinker. I use decaffeinated tea with splenda and I use lime wedges instead of lemon. I also love chamomile tea in the evening. I've never really cared for green teas, perhaps I've not had the right one.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Love tea! I drink 3 to 4 cups of decaf tea a day just plain and log it as my water (in addition to plain water).
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Still love my coffee, but have several cups of tea a day, too! I do herbals, mint and black teas. I just can NOT get the green and/or white teas down. To my palate they taste like dirt!!! :drinker: To help limit my coffee calories, I drink sludgy french press coffee and require cream, I make my own creamer. 10 g of creamer to 30 g unsweetened vanilla coconut milk. I get my creaminess and the lightening. I log it and am accountable, will not give it up. Cheers!
  • papetto
    papetto Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Brewed tea has less caffeine than brewed coffee so does have some caffeine but I find the effect seems to be gentler and longer lasting than the caffeine high and low from coffee. I'm not sure if that's just me or if there is something in that. Herbal and redbush (rooibos) teas are caffeine free so I have those at night.

Does anybody else find green tea sore on an empty stomach?

btw the Irish drink even more tea per head than the British, only the UAE and Morocco drink more - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_tea_consumption_per_capita

I hate green tea on an empty stomach. Honestly, I'm really not a fan of it.