Slowly morphing into FB? with "like" option?

Options

Replies

• doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Isn't this place already part plentyoffish with all of the 'sexy selfies' anyway?
    What's wrong with plentyoffish? I met my soul met on that site. We are still together now and couldn't be happier. :-D
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Does it really matter what it says? Like, or WTG, or Nice... the sentiment is the same deep down.

No. But picking something that is more unique to this site would have been awesome and a nod to the MFP faithful. Either way, now I can like things I would never bother commenting on because 100 people have already said WTG.
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Does it really matter what it says? Like, or WTG, or Nice... the sentiment is the same deep down.

No. But picking something that is more unique to this site would have been awesome and a nod to the MFP faithful. Either way, now I can like things I would never bother commenting on because 100 people have already said WTG.

Well awesome, now you have another option.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    poke
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I didn't even notice until a girl on my friend list pointed it out. I don't even care to be truthful. It's just another option here, one I'll never use or pay much attention to. I guess it makes sense, but I think telling someone they did good is better than just clicking the 'like' button.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Shameless bump for the day crowd
  • keef1972
    keef1972 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I like it.....and like having options.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    It's infinitely better than than the usual procession of 'good job' and 'WTG' comments in my opinion. I'm sure I'll continue to have proper conversations with those on my friends list I share a connection with.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    It's infinitely better than than the usual procession of 'good job' and 'WTG' comments in my opinion. I'm sure I'll continue to have proper conversations with those on my friends list I share a connection with.

Yep. I think it's a great idea.

I'd like to see it in discussions/posts like you have in other forums.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    -clicks like button-
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i dont have FB ... but i do think its a lazy way of commenting!!!
  • latepaul
    latepaul Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great idea. There are only so many variations of "excellent", "well done" and "good burn" comments I can make before I feel like I'm being fake. I end up only commenting on weight-loss and really significant updates because I don't really feel I have a genuine comment for the other stuff. Like is a great way to show support.
  • smalls9686
    smalls9686 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    See, this would have been perfect to like =-)
    Wait...that didn't work b.c I didn't quote...ugh...see this is one think I don't like about MYP you should be about to just reply to a person comment with the ridiculously long thread of quotes that people get so self righteous about people not "using correctly"
  • smalls9686
    smalls9686 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    -clicks like button-
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i dont have FB ... but i do think its a lazy way of commenting!!!

This.

People won't type any more :(
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I think that the addition of a dislike button would be much funnier.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I don't think so, I didn't lose 36 almost 37 pounds on FB! LOL. Sometimes 'like' is sufficient. "Drank 8 glasses of water" click like. Walked 5 miles WOOOOOT!!!

:laugh:

I see you are a Mod. Fact is that the more you make MFP similar to FB, the less desirable it gets. You guys have to understand that many of us on MFP think very lowly of FB, and if you;re gonna go down the road of making MFP look like FB, its a tragedy of massive proportions.

I am a volunteer mod who gives her time because I appreciate the free site. I have been a member for 5-6 yrs and that is about as much say as I have in the matter. As much as you!

Just a member making a comment. But hey, thanks for pointing out I was a mod and all :drinker:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Do people really hate FB? Or is it the typical FB user? What is it about FB that people hate?
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    FIT BOOK :) when expaining what mfp is like I say its like facebook but for fitness and calories :)

Id welcome the like. ..
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Hilarious. A like button was probably te most requested feature ever. Now that it's here, nobody wants it.