To cut or not to cut?? your opinions please friends...

Options

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I would not. It looks thick and very healthy. Beautiful color too.

I recently cut 15 inches off. I donate it every 3-4 years, but it's really too fine to wear down, so it was always pinned up. Got annoying to take care of when I couldn't even wear it down at all.
  • bellaamor30
    bellaamor30 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Keep the length but give it some style

This guy said it best
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    am I the only one who thought this was about whether someone should stay at the body fat percentage they are or go lower? :laugh:

anyway, I recently went from having really, really long hair to getting it cut really short (well, inverted bob length, not grade 3 buzz cut short) and don't regret it... I like my hair how it is, apart from I also got highlights in it and the highlights came out too blonde when I wanted them more ginger coloured, and IMO ginger highlights suit me better than blonde. (hairdresser said she's not used to dying European hair... it's in Bahrain where I live and nearly all their clients are Asian*) But really that's not a big issue. Next time I'll get them done more ginger.

*Asian as in from anywhere in the continent of Asia, not the bizarre USA definition which seems to only include East Asians.

So yeah, if you're bored of long hair and want something totally different, then get it cut.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who sees the similarity with a certain Addams?

RbUVsbM.gif
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Definitely cut it. Shoulder length will still showcase that you have beautiful hair without overwhelming the rest of you. Going by your user picture, you have a beautiful face, and your hair should accentuate that. Getting rid of some length and adding some shape will add polish and sophistication.
  • Ms_Hiit
    Ms_Hiit Posts: 488
    Options
    depends on what you want people to notice most about you...your hair or something else.

I like your plan of long layers.
  • SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Love it!

U can donate the minimum and still have shoulder length gorgeous hair!

EXACTLY!!!! I agree...it's just too much now
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Long hair is more feminine.
  • ktaylor1188
    ktaylor1188 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    being a hairstylist i want to cut it :) and give you a new look lol...but it is pretty!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Cut and donate for cancer patients. I personally like long hair, but I think it would look better 12" shorter.

I've seen many women and children going through treatments feeling unattractive because the loss of hair. Some adults continue to work and try to live a normal live and don't want the attention or the feeling of pity. Its not that they are ashamed, its just nice to blend in the crowds at the store or school functions sometimes.

I've sat receiving treatments in a chemo chair next to many that are in tears the day it falls out. I assure you, its one of the best gifts you can give to someone.
  • sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i would get it cut, i am a huge fan of long hair, but there is no style to your hair. i would get it into a cute style, also it will make you look younger. most of the guys i know, say that long hair looks unattractive, once it gets so long.
  • Sapphire3002
    Sapphire3002 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Your hair is gorgeous. Maybe you can cut it just a few inches and layer it for easy maintenance but dont cut too much at once because it will be harder to fix if you don't like the outcome.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    I really do appreciate all the opinions and suggestions, so thanks again..
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    No! Its perfect the way it is.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'm another who thinks you should take maybe 4" from the ends & do long layers in the rest. I have spent my life trying to get my hair long--it grows soooo slow & is only now down to below my bra strap. The thought of cutting off so much beautiful hair is alarming.
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,143 Member
    Options
    I also had hair the same length. I started to get frustrated with it, got stuck in my car once when I sat on it, got it shut in a door, up in the window...so, I donated it. I didn't cut it ALL off, but to some it was a drastic change. I will say, I've never regrown it to thatlength again, but mostly because I grow it out, then donate again. I've done that a few times, and the last couple, went SUPER short (pic in my profile). It grows back. My hairstylist now is cancer survivor...and ALWAYS happy to cut it off and donate it.

I can say, if you're not ready to make a drastic cut, trimming a few inches off, and layering, and finding some styles that you really like.. I usually purchase a hairstyle magazine and choose several styles I like, and show them to my stylist. If you have a good stylist, they will tell you what will work, and what won't. DON'T cut it off unless you are completely ready. My mother was friends with my stylist since bfore I was born....they worked in the same salon together...and have a few stories of girls with long hair suddenly going short, and in TEARS before they were done cutting.

Best advice:

Be ready to cut it before going in to do it.

Choose a great stylist you trust, and is honest with you (this won't work with your face shape, or how difficult it is to fix like that/time needed to make it work, etc)

Choose several styles that you like and have your stylist help you choose one
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    It's beautiful but, I would cut it. Not short but, maybe 6-7 inches with layers. Also like the donating idea. My hair used to be long and I cut it short. I like it shorter but I do miss being able to throw it in a pony tail for working out and running (or just a lazy day).
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    I also had hair the same length. I started to get frustrated with it, got stuck in my car once when I sat on it, got it shut in a door, up in the window...so, I donated it. I didn't cut it ALL off, but to some it was a drastic change. I will say, I've never regrown it to thatlength again, but mostly because I grow it out, then donate again. I've done that a few times, and the last couple, went SUPER short (pic in my profile). It grows back. My hairstylist now is cancer survivor...and ALWAYS happy to cut it off and donate it.

I can say, if you're not ready to make a drastic cut, trimming a few inches off, and layering, and finding some styles that you really like.. I usually purchase a hairstyle magazine and choose several styles I like, and show them to my stylist. If you have a good stylist, they will tell you what will work, and what won't. DON'T cut it off unless you are completely ready. My mother was friends with my stylist since bfore I was born....they worked in the same salon together...and have a few stories of girls with long hair suddenly going short, and in TEARS before they were done cutting.

Best advice:

Be ready to cut it before going in to do it.

Choose a great stylist you trust, and is honest with you (this won't work with your face shape, or how difficult it is to fix like that/time needed to make it work, etc)

Choose several styles that you like and have your stylist help you choose one

Thank you so much for your post I appreciate you taking the time to write all that... I agree with the long layers thing as I think giving it some shape would give it a new lease of life and tbh I think I would regret losing the length completely.. This is also why i am asking peoples opinions as all different people see things differently so its great to get other peoples perspective before i make a change...

I haven't had too many bad experiences with my hair as its pretty easy to manage but ouch some of yours sound pretty painful...

I will defo talk to my hairdresser too as they know more what they are on about then I do lol,

~Charlie
  • _Fenrir_
    _Fenrir_ Posts: 471
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Dont cut!
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Cut it. Fresh new you for the new year. Everyone is going the pixie cut now. DOn't go that drastic