Kale Chips!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU:love:
    I had seen a blip about kale chips in a magazine but had not commited to them. Now that another person has said they
    are fantastic I will get them and do them up right! Awesome..thanks again
    jac
  • hopeandj
    hopeandj Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    They are delish! And I cook mine just a little bit longer because I like them crunchy/burnt.! You definitely have to try it!!
  • drachford
    drachford Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Olive oil tip:

One option to get a nice even coating of olive oil on the kale is this:

After chopping the Kale, place in a large produce or food bag (gallon size?) - if you put a produce bag on the kale at the store, that should do...

Add your Extra virgin olive oil, spices if any (sea salt) and vinegar if you desire; twist the bag, and shake like hell for a few seconds... this technique tosses the oil and kale evenly, and you don't have to get your pan oily. Then line your baking sheet with foil or parchment, and then bake the chips.

I have to give credit to my GF friend this tip. It works for all salads & dressings also, and can cut your use of dressings by half!
  • becomingsara
    Options
    BUMP
    Any of you have kids? Have they tried the chips/did they like them?
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Tagging for my topics =D
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Do you bake them on the same cookie sheet that the olive oil is on, or do you put them on a clean cookie sheet?

Just bake them right on the same cookie sheet! Although I do like the suggestion about shaking the kale in a plastic bag with the oil...keeps the fingers from getting messy :)
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    BUMP
    Any of you have kids? Have they tried the chips/did they like them?

I don't have kids of my own but I do have a stepson who trusts my cooking and I am dying to get him to try my new "green potato chips" when he stays over one weekend :devil:
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    my BiL's 7 year old daughter goes completely ape for them. i just harvested a TON of russian kale from my garden. I'm curious what kinds of kale people are using for this recipe? I am going to try it with the ruskie but i would think it would be better with dinosaur kale or something a little thicker.

words?
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Well my kids wouldn't touch them (they didn't like the looks...I agree they don't look especially appetizing) but my husband thought they were good.

I used organic green kale. It worked just fine.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    @kayemme: I had no idea there were different types of Kale! I don't know what the kind I used is called, but here's a link to my blog pics of it, maybe you can tell which kind this is:

http://eveunderground.blogspot.com/2010/10/snack-kale-chips.html
  • kayemme
    Options
    @kayemme: I had no idea there were different types of Kale! I don't know what the kind I used is called, but here's a link to my blog pics of it, maybe you can tell which kind this is:

http://eveunderground.blogspot.com/2010/10/snack-kale-chips.html

that looks like curly kale (or just regular kale)

there are a number of kinds of kale. even "bank kale" > the kind of kale landscapers put in front of banks for some reason :)
  • tammy32
    tammy32 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OMG...I've got to try this! Sound scrumptious :)
  • nessieslc
    Options
    I made these today and they were SOOOO Good!

Thanks!
  • annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    OK....I have to try these and I hate kale. lol
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    Kale rocks!
  • kayemme
    Options
    omg, these are delicious! made them with baby kale!!
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Bumping to give it a shot
  • Jenbabe402
    Options
    wow! I love salty snacks, I'm always dipping into chips and nuts, this sounds way more healthy and tasty! I can't wait to try it with all variations!