Discuss.

Replies

• ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    Elaborate
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Dying. I see to many people that dress up in pajamas to go shopping.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Everybody lies.

Wait, wrong thread.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Discuss.

You mean thinking about why we believe the things we believe and do the things we do?
  • leftyjace
    leftyjace Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Awareness or concern about the affect you have on others while walking, driving, talking on cell phone, standing in line, playing loud music, etc.

In other words... is concern over whether you are inconveniencing or imposing on others dying?
  • leftyjace
    Options
    Discuss.

You mean thinking about why we believe the things we believe and do the things we do?
    Something like that....I think... no wait....oh hell, pass the chips.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    That's been dead for years.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Awareness or concern about the affect you have on others while walking, driving, talking on cell phone, standing in line, playing loud music, etc.

In other words... is concern over whether you are inconveniencing or imposing on others dying?

Absolutely. Not a good thing!

I've read that people born in generations with more technology are actually measurably less capable of interpreting social and emotional communication in person. I don't remember where, and I don't remember the source, but it makes sense. (Of course, one size does not fit all, does not apply to every person everywhere, does not account for individual differences, nature vs nurture. /disclaimer)
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options

Oh, just basic consideration for your fellow man? No, I don't think it is dying. I think that is all you see if you focus on it. I have more pleasurable encounters than not.

At least with my age group and older. I dunno about the younger generation.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Ahh! I get it now. Being Self-centered.

Well, I try to be polite to people, especially service workers that I come in contact with daily, because I would rather be a pleasant part of their day than a negative one. That is why I always smile to people working at the gas station and say "Please" and "thank you" as well as asking them how their Morning/Afternoon is going. Then the door holding thing, which I think is just basic manners.

And when in heavy traffic and a vehicle, especially semi-trucks, are trying to merge over into my lane, I will slow down and let them get over rather than refusing to give them an inch.

I like to think that things like that, while not specifically making someone's day better, can at least prevent them from having additional negative points.
  • 25point4
    Options
    Amaze
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options

Well, I try to be polite to people, especially service workers that I come in contact with daily, because I would rather be a pleasant part of their day than a negative one. That is why I always smile to people working at the gas station and say "Please" and "thank you" as well as asking them how their Morning/Afternoon is going. Then the door holding thing, which I think is just basic manners.

And when in heavy traffic and a vehicle, especially semi-trucks, are trying to merge over into my lane, I will slow down and let them get over rather than refusing to give them an inch.

I like to think that things like that, while not specifically making someone's day better, can at least prevent them from having additional negative points.

Yup.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Dying. I see to many people that dress up in pajamas to go shopping.

Dang this bothers me!
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

This is why you're my favorite. :smile:
  • Fishshtick
    Fishshtick Posts: 120 Member
    Options

You of course realize the irony of asking that question in the hope of getting hundreds of people to read and respond to such a pointless question?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    You're fat, shut up. I out lift you^

So much beta itt.

Well, a sign of a beta is that they try to attack an alpha in order to get a rise out of him in order to temporarily be seen as the alpha.

You'll get it some day. :flowerforyou:
  • leftyjace
    Options

You of course realize the irony of asking that question in the hope of getting hundreds of people to read and respond to such a pointless question?

I don't.
  • leftyjace
    Options
    Op is a phaggot

Affect
    Affect
    Affect
    Affect
    Affect
    Op you effect me.
    You make the worst threads. Why? No troll, no hate, but you're threads are absolute garbage. Why not lift, or read a dictionary.
    Op is a phaggot.

I will let the "merits" of your posts stand on their own.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Absolutely. Not a good thing!

I've read that people born in generations with more technology are actually measurably less capable of interpreting social and emotional communication in person. I don't remember where, and I don't remember the source, but it makes sense. (Of course, one size does not fit all, does not apply to every person everywhere, does not account for individual differences, nature vs nurture. /disclaimer)

I've heard this also and wonder about it as well.

Oh, just basic consideration for your fellow man? No, I don't think it is dying. I think that is all you see if you focus on it. I have more pleasurable encounters than not.

At least with my age group and older. I dunno about the younger generation.

Good point.

I agree with this and go about my life this way as best I can also.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    Op is a phaggot

Affect
    Affect
    Affect
    Affect
    Affect
    Op you effect me.
    You make the worst threads. Why? No troll, no hate, but you're threads are absolute garbage. Why not lift, or read a dictionary.
    Op is a phaggot.

*ahem* It's "your"... Maybe follow your, you're, ur? (phuck it) own advice?