Forbes Magazine Top 10 Obese States - Agree or Disagree?

Options
2»

Replies

• DancingYogini
    Options
    I disagree with this list. I moved from Kentucky to Colorado about 12 years ago. It was like going from one extreme to another. When I lived in Kentucky, people considered going for a walk around the block as their workout for the day. Not trying to be mean, I'm just saying . . . . Here in Colorado, there are miles of bike trails in most neighborhoods. And we are talking miles and miles! It's not unusual to go out for a two hour bike ride. People are so active here. The kids walk to school and you see people outside all the time running or walking their dogs or riding bikes.

When my dad comes out to visit from Kentucky, he always mentions one difference he has noticed. You have to look long and hard to find an all-you-can-eat restaurant here. I guess there are lots more in Kentucky! :smile:

Don't get me wrong, I love my home state. It is truly a very friendly and beautiful place. But I love all the opportunities to be active here and I doubt I could go back to that type of lifestyle again. It's a whole different mindset here.

ITA! I am in Denver, and people are really active, year round! We have a ton of sunny days here, and people are out and about even if it is freezing. Lots of healthy restaurants here too, including some amazing Vegetarian/Vegan ones....I love my adopted state :drinker:
  • joymarino
    joymarino Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am surprised my state (NJ) is not on there. COnsidering there is a McDonalds, BK and Dunkin Donuts across the street from one another every mile or two.

Okay, that was an exaggeration...LOL... but you know what I mean.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Naw, this is totally wrong. Alabama and North Carolina should be on the top of that list.
  • eliblish
    eliblish Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I wonder how exactly they come up with this info. Obviously they don't walk around weighing people or sending questionnaires in the mail asking for peoples weights.
    I agree with others who have said Illinois should be on there. I feel like 80 percent of the people I see are overweight or obese. There don't seem to be alot of healthy weight people in Illinois. IMO