lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
Not talking about the newspaper or a magazine either lol My last book
How to Succeed at Being Yourself by Joyce Meyer

Who still read books? Not for school but just because you want to,

Replies

• Barbsunshine7
    Barbsunshine7 Posts: 2,693 Member
    Options
    "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon - for the second time. It's a great escape from reality! Now I'm re-reading her second book in the series, "Dragonfly in Amber."
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    A General Sketch of The European War by Hilaire Beloc
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Horns by Joe Hill
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Changeless (Parasol Protectorate #2) by Gail Carriger
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I read a ton. Just finished rereading "The Magicians" and "The Magician King" by Lev Grossman. I love them both as someone who was obsessed with Narnia as a kid.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    War of the Fae series by Elle Casey
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    We are Water by Wally Lamb
  • lknjohnson
    Options
    "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon - for the second time. It's a great escape from reality! Now I'm re-reading her second book in the series, "Dragonfly in Amber."

I'm going to have to check that one out.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    The power of six by Pittacus Lore
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Physics of the Human Body by Richard McCall :glasses:
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options

Love this series!!!! Each time the "latest" book ends I feel as if I've lost a family member...LOVE Jamie and Claire! I love to read and am currently fun reading Poseidon's Arrow, the latest Clive Cussler book. The last book I read was for fun AND recreation: 12 Lead EKG For Acute and Critical Care, by Bob Page. (Yes it was education/work related but also FUN!)
  • HRCephei36
    Options
    "Osiris" by E.J. Swift
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I read all the time...on my ereader of course and only for fun. I am reading The Rock Chick series by Kristen Ashley, but it's a reread as I've read them before.
  • Barbsunshine7
    Barbsunshine7 Posts: 2,693 Member
    Options

Love this series!!!! Each time the "latest" book ends I feel as if I've lost a family member...LOVE Jamie and Claire! I love to read and am currently fun reading Poseidon's Arrow, the latest Clive Cussler book. The last book I read was for fun AND recreation: 12 Lead EKG For Acute and Critical Care, by Bob Page. (Yes it was education/work related but also FUN!)

Did you hear that they're making a mini-series for Starz Network, to come out next year? I'm not sure how it'll compare to the books. :indifferent:
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Sins of the Lost by Linda Poitevin

Summary from NetGalley
    “The devil is watching.
    Homicide detective Alexandra Jarvis’s world is coming apart at the seams. Heaven and Hell are on the brink of war as Lucifer builds his Nephilim army, waiting for his new agenda to become a reality—that of having a Nephilim child to lead his forces to cataclysmic victory.
    The alarm calls of the pending war make their way to earth and Alex fights to save humanity from its own panic –leaving little time for her fledgling relationship with Seth, the man with heavenly origins who has captivated her heart. But when all the Nephilim children suddenly vanish, along with Alex’s own vulnerable niece, the inevitable war between Heaven and Hell becomes as personal as sin.
    Heaven has its own plans to fight the coming apocalypse and needs Seth back to accomplish their goals. Asked to betray the man she loves, Alex must turn to Aramael for help, the hunter of Fallen Angels and the soulmate she thought she’d given up. He may be her last chance to rescue her family along with all of humanity from the ashes of Lucifer’s Armageddon and almost certain extinction.”
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I recently finished 'White girl problems' by "Babe Walker' (not a real person I'm 99% sure, and hoping so as well) I thought it was supposed to be funny but it was actually pretty stupid and made me angry.

The most recent book I read and loved was 'The night circus'

I don't have much time lately but love to read.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    The last book I finished was Fight Club. I'm currently working on The Stand.
  • lknjohnson
    Options
    Sounds like some good books. Who has a book collection? Not 2 books but a book stand or shelve full of books?