Any 5" woman have success stories and or pics?

Options

Replies

• sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    :D
  • robinlynn16
    Options
    Yesterday I stumbled across this thread. I think it was God's way of a not-so-subtle hint! I have considered some pretty unhealthy things as ways to lose weight. But as I read, and now have re-read, all of the success stories here I feel so inspired...I actually made the effort to come back to the thread tonight to see if anyone new had posted. This is one of the most real and relatable threads IMO on MFP!

I , too, am a shorty...5ft on a good/tall day (and in heels)! I am the heaviest I've ever been and just turned 41. I thought it would take drastic measures for me to lose weight but I see all of you beautiful people sharing your amazing success. Tomorrow is the first step in the right direction for mr! I am getting married next October and I want to feel as beautiful as I did on our first date 8 years (and 50 pounds) ago! Thanks for the inspiration! I'll be checking in regularly so keep sharing!!
  • essaylight
    Options
    I am 5' small. Highest ever weight was 171. I started MFP at 158.
    I am not sure what the scale says this week, because I don't check very often. I am working with a trainer twice a week, and starting to work out more on my own. I do know that the size 16 pants I bought in July for an interview now fall almost right off. ;) Slow and steady.

I struggle with patience, but I'm in this... one day at a time is the only way to get it done. All I want is to be a bad-*kitten* ninja who looks great in a little black dress. ;)

Feel free to add me!!! Yay shorties!!!
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • casiobarnes
    casiobarnes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I really hope this doesn't count as hijacking the thread (and if it does, my apologies! and ignore me) but how are you fellow short ladies doing on your calories/macros?

I swear, I'm eating when I'm hungry/not intentionally restricting, but I'm under the 1200 calories almost every day, and I've never once met my carb and protein numbers (though ALWAYS go over on sugar and sodium... :grumble: )

I know that it's counter productive to get too few calories, but I don't know how to add more food without just plain overeating.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I really hope this doesn't count as hijacking the thread (and if it does, my apologies! and ignore me) but how are you fellow short ladies doing on your calories/macros?

I swear, I'm eating when I'm hungry/not intentionally restricting, but I'm under the 1200 calories almost every day, and I've never once met my carb and protein numbers (though ALWAYS go over on sugar and sodium... :grumble: )

I know that it's counter productive to get too few calories, but I don't know how to add more food without just plain overeating.

I set my daily activity to light (not sedentary) to make sure it doesnt set me under 1200, I am not truely sedentary anyway and I eat back my exercise cals. I also always make sure I NET over 1200. My daily without exercise is 1300 and when I exercise I burn at least 200 minimum.
  • LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Options

I make myself eat a min of 1000 but usually can get in 1200. Feel free to add me, my diary is open. I know I don't want to not eat because then the hungry ogre will show up in a day or two.. but my system is "special" i've had multiple health stuff so my body doesn't always work quite right so I trust the process and it is working for me. (If I have intense workout days I allow a max of 300 cals over if I have burned 500+)
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options

Great protein options are: ground turkey, chicken breast, egg whites, shrimp, tuna, soybeans.

Some snack ideas are peanut butter & celery sticks, avocado & shrimp cocktail, artichoke, turkey & cheese rollups, side salad topped with hard boiled egg & avoacdo. These will give you great sources of protein & carbs.
  • mommy2ans
    mommy2ans Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your stories! I feel more motivated now :)
  • casiobarnes
    Options
    Avocados are a great suggestion! Thank you! I don't know why I forgot that they exist, haha.

I might have to start actively including "snack" times, even when I'm not hungry. Set an alarm on my phone or something.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    5 feet tall right here!!! YES this can be done. My numbers tell my story
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Avocados are a great suggestion! Thank you! I don't know why I forgot that they exist, haha.

I might have to start actively including "snack" times, even when I'm not hungry. Set an alarm on my phone or something.

My husband is underweight & he has to set alarms to eat. He just doesn't get hungry or gets to busy to eat. It's worked well for him to set alarms.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and 44 yrs old:

Started: End of January 2012

SW: 230

CW: 130

GW: 110

:flowerforyou:
  • slimjame
    slimjame Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm 5'1 and 21 years old. I started out 4 and a half months ago at 271 and am currently at 220.5. I still have 91 pounds to go, but I'm so thankful for the 50lb loss!

Here is the fifty pound difference:
    63318bd7-e7bb-416f-bbb1-efb00cdcff26_zps886df07c.png
  • Swehl
    Swehl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi :) 4 ft 9 and a half

SW 160 lbs
    CW about 136lbs (built up a little fear to the scale after gaining 5 lbs, so I haven't weighed in a few weeks)
    GW 115 lbs

032ecf4e-d130-4b6d-9aaf-fd92da0d0271_zps63f9226a.jpg

148d690e-9050-4a96-994e-54573daefd8f_zps6ccdaae7.jpg
  • b218w
    b218w Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    4 11"

SW last summer: 150lb (probably more coz i refused to weigh myself)

CW 123/124 lb....

GW 110 lb

started MFP in feb at 145 lb

seems it takes longer for us shorties to lose a pound lol
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    bump
  • casiobarnes
    Options

SW 160 lbs
    CW about 136lbs (built up a little fear to the scale after gaining 5 lbs, so I haven't weighed in a few weeks)
    GW 115 lbs

032ecf4e-d130-4b6d-9aaf-fd92da0d0271_zps63f9226a.jpg

148d690e-9050-4a96-994e-54573daefd8f_zps6ccdaae7.jpg
    Wow! Congratulations! and cute pup! :smile:
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bump. 4"11 here.
  • Swehl
    Swehl Posts: 138 Member
    Options

SW 160 lbs
    GW 115 lbs

Wow! Congratulations! and cute pup! :smile:

Thank you!! He's my baby :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!