What was the last book you read?

Options

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Reached - by Ally Condi (3rd book in the "Matched" Series)

I've been trying to finish this book for weeks. It is nearly as boring as Crossed. Big disappointment, in my opinion. Delirium, Pandemonium, and Requiem by Lauren Oliver are much better.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich. The Stephanie Plum Series.
    ^^^^^Read this a couple of weeks ago - love this series. I just finished Killing Jesus.
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I recently read 11/22/63 which was very hard to get through. I enjoyed the story but it could have been condensed a lot more.

I'm reading Cross Stitch (also known as Outlander) at the moment. It's another long story, and isn't as enjoyable as I'd hoped, although I believe the overall story being told is really quite good.

I just got rid of 5 shopping bags full of books. I was brutal. I decided that if I'd read it and knew I would never read it again, and wouldn't want to give it to my children, it had to go. All it's meant is that I can tidy the mess of the bookshelves. It doesn't look like any are gone, there just aren't any stuffed in wherever they can fit.

I've got a pile of books that were precious to me growing up and I want to keep them for my children. Plus my favourite authors who I may reread one day.
  • 2ht2hand1e
    2ht2hand1e Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just finished The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans. Now I'm onto The Shack by William P. Young.
  • kristynamanda31
    kristynamanda31 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The Diary of Anne Frank
  • Betty_Canada
    Betty_Canada Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    At home, I just finished Divergent by Veronica Roth (I was curious whether it would be worth it to see the movie)
    At work, I just finished State of Emergency by Marc Cameron
    Am presently working my way through an ARC of "The Red Knight" by Miles Cameron

When I moved in with my partner, I got rid of 300+ books to make room to merge our collections. He purged nearly as much.

Four six foot bookcases stacked multiple books deep, plus three four foot ones with gaming resources after all was said and done. If we'd have kept it all, I'm not sure there would be any room for US in our tiny little two bedroom suite.

My iTrackMine listing was STILL in the neighborhood of 500 books and that doesn't include anything I've bought in the last three years, OR any of the partner's collection.

Last time I moved, I had fifty (no that is not a typo) small u-Haul boxes full of books. The movers thought I was kidding. "I thought you said it was a one bedroom apartment." (That does not include the other media, which has been hugely condensed with sleeves from JazzLoft.com, however it is now much HEAVIER, as I can fit 3-4 CDs or DVDs in the space one used to take up in the box.)

I also have a BlackBerry Playbook that I do a lot of reading on using the BookReader program. I am working my way through Fellwater by Brendan Myers on my BlackBerry Torch in the Kindle app as something to read in doctor waiting rooms.

I don't have a reading problem. I have a people interrupting my reading problem. *grin*

=Betty=
  • JessieGurlJb
    Options
    On course 5th edition for school
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Game of Thrones
    70% through A clash of Kings
  • lknjohnson
    lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some good books. Who has a book collection? Not 2 books but a book stand or shelve full of books?

I used to have an enormous collection but then I realized it was borderline hoarding so I gave them up. :sad: Now I have about 5 boxes of my cherished books and my kindle.

It seems like every time I move, i lose books. I need a kindle.
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some good books. Who has a book collection? Not 2 books but a book stand or shelve full of books?

I used to have an enormous collection but then I realized it was borderline hoarding so I gave them up. :sad: Now I have about 5 boxes of my cherished books and my kindle.

Same here, I had pretty close to 300 books and I decided to give them up to the library for others to enjoy.. i have an ereader now, but still have 2 book cases full of books.
  • lknjohnson
    Options
    So many good books mentioned in this thread! :D

I just started The Diving Bell and the Butterfly by Jean-Domique Bauby after finishing the 1Q84 series by Haruki Murakami.

I know right!
  • lknjohnson
    Options
    07198.1L.jpg?98

lmao.
  • lknjohnson
    Options
    I just finished the Witches of East End series by Melissa De La Cruz ( Three books total)

ohh I didn't know that was a novel. Is it better then the tv show?
  • Raasy
    Options
    I am reading a few at the moment. I just finished a great book called The Timekeeper by Mitch Albom. GREAT READ!! Highly recommend!

On my night stand is :

Heart Of Darkness
    Life After Life
    The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out Of The Window And Disappeared
    How To Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting To Kill You
    A Dog's Purpose
    The Art Of Racing In The Rain
    Mr Penumbra's 24 hour Bookstore

How To Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting To Kill You
    A Dog's Purpose
    The Art Of Racing In The Rain

These 3 are great !! I loved the are of racing in the rain although it was a little sad!
  • Raasy
    Options
    I am currently reading "Galloway's Book On Running "- by Jeff Galloway... Just trying to brush up on my running tips.
    Just finished "Mental Training For Runners: How to stay motivated" - Jeff Galloway
    and before that I was reading "Scarpetta" - Patricia Cornwell
  • lknjohnson
    Options
    bump
  • ellantz8
    ellantz8 Posts: 619
    Options
    Garden of Shadows- V.C. Andrews
    It's the last book of 5 in the series that starts with Flowers in the Attic
    I was trying to find something to read on my Nook and came across Flowers in the Attic and remembered reading it in high school so I bought it and ended up buying the entire series. They are very bizarre, but well written and intriguing. Unfortunately the last two books were actually written by her estate as she passed away before they were written and aren't quite as good and may not stick exactly to the way V.C. would have told it.
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    a feast for crows
  • markink81
    markink81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell...Hopefully the upcoming movie is as good as the book but I have my doubts.