20 pounds lighter (my own success stories) pictures update

Options
mel4bee
mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
Weight-wise, I've always been in my healthy range. (from 20 to 23 bmi) However I was not fit, I was not satisfied with my body, I was not eating healthy (a lot of processed food) and I was pretty sedentary. I was living a lot of bad anxiety (I have generalized anxiety disorder, agoraphobia and had 2 depressions and I'm 21 years old)

I was one of too many who always said that I'll get in shape later, in a week, in a month....

I don't know what got to me, I don't know why I decided that I wanted to do a lifestyle change... Oddly enough, I think it was after seeing Miley Cyrus's weight loss and Pilates abs that I decided that I wanted to lose weight and be the person I've always wanted to be.

So, I made a google search on weight loss and found out about BMR, TDEE and most importantly, about myfitnesspal.com

I know it is kinda silly but I started with jogging in place while listening to TV. I had a bit of agoraphobia and social anxiety about going to run outside so I stayed inside. I started at 125 pounds and 5'3'' and lost about 2 pounds doing that without counting calories.

Then I started to count calories. At first, I was not eating enough, underestimating my burn, did not have an HRM, eating 1200 calories a day. LOL silly me.

I started doing Jillian Micheal's DVDs

The more I learned on MFP, the more I adjusted my intake. I finally bought an HRM.

I started doing other workout dvds, Jessica Smith's DVDs, Fitnessblender, new rules of lifting for women, wii games, a lot of long walks outside too....

I started in August at 125. I am now 105 pounds. I feel stronger, healthier and fitter than ever. My measurement have changed from 34-27-37 with 22 inches thighs. My measurements are now 32-24-34 with 18.8 inches thighs. I now wear a size 0-2. When I started, a size 4 was tight. I look at myself in the mirror and I feel sexy and beautiful. I have a new found confidence, a new internal strength. I know I can achieve anything. I eat a lot better. A lot of lean meat, fish, veggies, fruits, yogurt, whole grains with my treats like cheese and chocolate!

I sleep better, I have more energy, my anxiety is now well under control, I have more endurance, I am toned and fit!

I plan on keep logging and stay the same weight. I won't change my routine. It's now a habit and a passion. Love fitness!

As for the pictures, the first ones were from maybe 2 weeks after I started and the after ones are from yesterday (20 pounds lighter and a lot of inches down)

BEFORE (5'3 and maybe 124 pounds)
e94c21c2-a076-4a23-9932-880775b7fc94.jpg

AFTER (5'3 and 104.5 pounds)

d87e69d7-7296-4fa5-978e-5377eb2a6daf.jpg

b149ac09-6a1a-43e5-8922-707f4e23d6ee.jpg

Replies

• 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    =)
  • bluedown10
    bluedown10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So happy for you,)
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl. You look great!
  • mel4bee
    Options
    Thanks!
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • awomaame25
    awomaame25 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    wat to go gal, which of her dvds did you use:smile:
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Toned and fit. You look great! Good work.:flowerforyou:
  • mel4bee
    Options
    I used Jillian's Body Revolution, Jessica Smith's online workouts, Fitnessblender's online workouts, New rules of lifting for women workouts (still working on this one, just started serious strength straining), almost all of Jillian's workouts, Biggest Loser Cardio Max, Just Dance games on wii and I walked a lot outside.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!