What was the last book you read?

Options

Replies

• ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Currently reading "In the Garden of Beasts" by Erik Larson...about the US ambassador to Germany in the years leading up to WWII.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Thirst 5 by Christopher Pike
  • M22KY
    M22KY Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The Battle of Jericho - Sharon Draper
  • KaraLee69
    KaraLee69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just finished Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCeight. Good read. (Love this thread BTW) :flowerforyou:
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Just read Divergent (Book 1) by Veronica Roth, first in a series of 3 or 4. Really good (kind of in the Hunger Games vibe)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Currently reading: Catherine the Great and The Devil in the White City
  • sapphyreskye
    Options
    I am a book addict. I currently have 5 on the go...."A Breath of Snow and Ashes" by Diana Gabaldon...6th book in her Outlander series(LOVE!!), am re-reading "The Shining" by Stephen King, after finishing "Doctor Sleep" last month, "Mars" by Ben Bova, and "The Distant Hours" by Kate Morton. The very last one I finished was Arthur C. Clarke & Stephen Baxter's "Time's Eye", and am currently working on the second in that series called "Sunstorm".
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I love leisure reading, and prefer real books though I do have a kindle as well. Something about the smell of the pages in a real book that is so satisfying. One of my favorite places to be is the public library.

I'm currently reading: Love is a dog from hell by Charles Bukowski, next in line is The Collected Poems of Frank O'Hara, and then Doctor Sleep by Stephen king. I absolutely love bodice ripping historical romance novels as well but haven't found any to catch my interest lately. Le sigh.
  • dsims21
    Options
    Why men die first: How to lengthen your lifespan by Marianne J. Legato

Feeling my mortality of late.
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Brain On Fire ... very interesting read.
  • RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    Options
    Shirley Jones: A Memoir

Garbage.
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Love this thread. I'm always looking for good books to read so when I find the time and/or money I will have a list of sorts to refer to.:drinker:
  • Markforlife
    Markforlife Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The Coffee Table Book , on coffee tables. By, Cosmo Kramer.
  • casiobarnes
    casiobarnes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The Violinist's Thumb - Sam Keane

A book about DNA. I'm sure it's just a phase, but I can't stomach fiction right now :sick:
  • lifestyle70
    lifestyle70 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just finished 11-22-63 by Stephen King. Next read will be: Killing Kennedy.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Finished The Stupidest Angel, by Christopher Moore last night. One of the funniest books I've ever read and I highly recommend it!
  • Hunnergomeow
    Hunnergomeow Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading "Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape" by Jenna Miscavige Hill, but I just finnished "Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots" by Deborah Feldman.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    The Devil All The Time by Donald Ray Pollock. Took it on vacation and read it in a couple of days. Really good.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Dr. Sleep by Stephen King
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    "Conversations with a fat girl". Don't remember who the author was... the title is what got my attention... it's a Chick Lit but pretty funny... and really touches on the insecurities a woman faces that has always battled with her weight... and how you should always remember who you are.... where you came from.. and don't lose it with the pounds.

Good read... I recommend it!