Anyone know an absolutely AMAZING butt toning workout?

Options

Replies

• Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I have to say Jillian's shred, and I'm on level 1 has me doing a lot of squats,side squats, and lunges. I counted anywhere from 50 squats, (estimate), 20+ side squats and 20+ lunges in one workout. Adding weights makes this an ideal killer workout for toning and building muscle for a shapelier rear end! I only started off at 5lbs and do it every other day. I will be doing day three tomorrow and adding and will start upping my weights on dumbbells as soon as my glutes and thighs stop burning and it is easy doing 90+ butt exercises with 5lb weights! Ill keep progressing in my weights. lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I know the basic butt toning workouts (i.e. squats, toe touches, etc.) But i never see any WOAH results.

do you squat with weight? do you regularly increase that weight? do you give ample time for the muscle to rest and re-build? my guess is you're not doing squats right. get under a barbell and start progressively loading weight on...do an actual program and you'll see results. Just willy nilly doing your own thing isn't going to get you very far because you simply do not have the requisite knowledge to create your own programming. Look into New Rules of Lifting for Women, Starting Strength, StrongLifts 5x5, etc. Those are all good beginner lifting routines.

For a dude I have a pretty nice *kitten*...and I owe it primarily to squats, deads, and lunges.
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Brazil Butt Lift by beachbody.com......DVD comes with lots of workouts all designed to help the butt.....I have it and I love it...:)

This ^, I know some girls using it and they all seem to like it.
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Brazil Butt Lift by beachbody.com......DVD comes with lots of workouts all designed to help the butt.....I have it and I love it...:)

I agree 100%.... I definitely saw results!!!!
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I remember reading when Jessica Simpson had to get into those daisy duke shorts, that she said she did so many lunges
    with weights that she could barely stand.. Lunges squats will do it.. Old 80s aerobics would probably do it also.

I've seen the workout program she did. It's actually quite a good workout.
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options

I agree 100%.... I definitely saw results!!!!

I've been curious about this program. Not sure I'm quite curious enough to actually invest yet though.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Barbell squats, weighted lunges, dead-lifts

^This this this
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    strong lifts 5x5
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a program to follow, my vote is Strong Curves! I had the runner's 'pancake' *kitten* and then was referred to this program from a friend, my butt is definitely rounding out! The Strong Curves book has different programs within it; full body or lower body focus. You do need a barbell and weights or at least dumbbells to start.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I remember reading when Jessica Simpson had to get into those daisy duke shorts, that she said she did so many lunges
    with weights that she could barely stand.. Lunges squats will do it.. Old 80s aerobics would probably do it also.

I've seen the workout program she did. It's actually quite a good workout.

I stumbled across this workout on Pinterest and have started doing it for my Saturday long workout. It's basicly 90 minutes of 3 circuits of 4 different exercises, sandwiched in between running on the treadmill. It kicked my *kitten* the first time I did it!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    barbell.glute.bridges
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    barbell squats. go heavy.

Edit: unless those are the squats you already do. I'm just assuming you do body weight or light dumbbell squats from your post - I could be wrong, in which case, ignore this advice.
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    I DO!!!!!!!!
    But i dont share my butt secrets... :p
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    dead lifts and stairs
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    SQUATS!!! Seriously, like WOAH, look out, this butt is gonna poke your damn eyes out.

...and that's barbell squats with HEAVY weights. Seriously, caught a view of my backside one day and it caught me off guard. I was like "Dayum, look at dat booty" in my head...and then I realized it was MY booty. Whaaa? Niiice :-D
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I DO!!!!!!!!
    But i dont share my butt secrets... :p

squats deadlifts lunges and glute raises aren't really a secret any more
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    http://bretcontreras.com/

Just gonna leave this here
  • futurestarz
    Options
    Brazil Butt Lift!
  • darkestdayz
    darkestdayz Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    barbell squats, deadlifts and lunges, 3 days a week.
  • MMM_1972
    Options
    Hello:) At 41 years young I have tried just about everything with little results - never living up to the hype. I stumbled upon "Booty Blast" - it comes with 4 DVDs and they range from 15-20 minutes each DVD and I have been absolutely thrilled with it! My booty is hard and firm and lifted - like anything it takes the time and effort but it does pay off :) I got my set off ebay for a great price - it included the 4 DVDs, Sliders & Booties - I recommend this to everyone no matter what your age or physical ability you can do it :)