What is your NSV this week?

Options

Replies

• ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! I can really relate to a few of these, specifically not getting winded when running up stairs.My NSVs are as follows:

1)My pants are falling off of me and I can't afford to buy new ones right now so I went searching for my belt in my closet. I put the belt on, which was tight on the loosest loop at one point, and it was too big! I'd gladly make another hole in it but it's really not that kind of belt. I'll be needing a new wardrobe in the new year.
    2) My wedding ring literally fell off of my finger. I must have lost a lot of 'finger weight' lol. I'm now worried about losing it.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Teacher did not show up for spin class so I taught the class. Burned about 100 extra calories from all the talking.
    Had an 80s cd in my workout bag that we use for old aerobics class my wife use to teach.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to hit the 120's before the new year and I hit it this morning, 129 pounds!!! YAYYYYY!!!! :love:
  • CaraRahl
    CaraRahl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    my fiance walked in on me doing my workout two nights ago and did a double take before telling me about all the muscle definition he can see now that he couldn't before :)
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    Being harangued by my SO's mum that I had lost too much weight?
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I packed my lunch for work 6 workdays in a row. Ruined the streak today since we had a end-of-year potluck (granted I did bring in food for it). When I fail to pack my lunch, I tend to make bad choices.

I have been working at getting better at meal planning (I am the cook of the house). When I don't have meals planned, we resort to eating out or having frozen pizza. I have been on a roll with this lately but breaking that streak today since tonight we are having frozen pizza. My husband offered to take care of dinner since I have plans to run with a friend and frozen pizza is the only thing he cooks. I new today would be a bad day, and I am thoroughly enjoying. Can't be good all the time and it feels so good to be naughty!
  • JennMairi
    JennMairi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had to get new trousers as I didn't have any that didn't fall down, and I thought that might look unprofessional while teaching my lifeguard course this week! Now in UK size 14s - ecstatic! Given me new hope for my size 12 goal before my friend's wedding in July :)
  • teaparty75
    Options
    wearing a belt with jeans that this time last year were UNCOMFORTABLE tight !! i never required a belt before - its amazing that i even found it !!
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing the UK size 12 jeans that I bought months ago to inspire me! I didn't think they'd fit yet but they do.......yay!!!!
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of them this week actually (considering I've been indulging in the Holiday goodies & festivities) Early this week I was able to put on a pair of jeans that were once snug, they are now very loose around the hips and waist I had to put a belt on (never did with it with those before). The added bonus was that I can now get to the 4th notch, before I could only get to the first. I think I yelled with excitement and screamed out a bunch of expletives!

Yesterday, I was able to slip on a size 10 mermaid pencil skirt. Which btw, I am currently wearing sz 14s & 12s in most of my clothes.

The little things go a long, long way. ^_^

Happy holidays to everyone! :drinker:
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    This! Hot leather boots!!! Regular calves, FINALLY!!!

2013-12-16083702-1_zpscfc5d6bc.jpg
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I can not out do those nice boots but fitting a pair of jeans that have not fit in many years,Yes I still had them in my closet,yay.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I bought new jeans and after wearing them I realized they are too big and I should have gotten an even smaller size... money down the drain but confidence wayyyy up!!! :) oh, and I am noticing a HUGE difference in the look of my legs just from one week of lifting/increased cardio!!! Hubby is even noticing! :happy:
  • wardances
    Options
    I'm still extremely new to this whole healthy thing but yesterday I ran for the first time in 10 years. I had resolved to never run because I remembered hating it so much but it's actually fun!
    Also, I've gone to the store twice this week and each time managed NOT to buy 20+ prepackaged frozen meals and instead treated myself to a TON of fruits/veggies and oatmeal. Omfg, meals are suddenly delicious again! I have so much energy now! :bigsmile:
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple as well this week

1. My kids doing exercises while Mommy is doing hers! (Not that they need it, but hey! it's physical activity)
    2. My daughter decided to run off in Target the other night (a perpetual habit of hers) and I was able to run after her without getting winded! Something I couldn't do a couple months ago - sure we looked silly running in Target, but hey it was fun for a minute! :wink:
    3. I am in the ranks of all of my clothes being too big...no $$ for shopping right now, but it's awesome they are too big! The only thing holding my pants on right now is my belt LOL!!
  • MauxFaux
    Options
    I think I may have finally mastered full on chest to ground push ups! I did 100 on Sunday (not unbroken, but still 100).
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    These are all great NSVs!!

My kids run around the living room or stand on their heads and kick their legs in the air and say, "Hey daddy, is THIS good exercise?!"

This is fantastic to read.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Putting on a pair of knee high boots that are now mid calf boots because they slide right down legs....dang, have to go buy new boots now!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Last week I had a minor surgery and the incision site got infected so I was feeling awful for longer than expected. This week, on top of the infection the antibiotics made me sick and I seemed to also have a virus that is going around here.

Regardless, I still managed to workout lightly when I wasn't feeling well AND adjusted my calories to eat less. A lot of times when I'm not feeling well I tend to eat more out of frustration so I was so very happy I kept myself in check!

And last night was the first night I was able to run in over a week! It was slow and steady as I still heal but damn it felt good!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    This week is getting back on the wagon to the point that my trainer commented on how I must of tightened my nutrition up because he noticed I looked smaller and was working harder.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!