XMAS RUN CHALLENGE

Options
Xmas is coming up and I know you might be tempted by all the treats and drinks of a Xmas day, so in the spirit of Xmas and not gaining weight, I purpose an early morning Xmas run. 3 miles minimum. Personally, I will be going anywhere from 5 to 8 miles at the normal time of 5:30am. Feel free to reply and tell me and your fellow MFP Xmas Running Crew what you plans to run are.

Also if you like to be friends, I am always looking for people to support. Feel free to add. :)

Happy Holidays,

Lou

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I have a 12 mile run on the schedule that day. I am really looking forward to what, in my head, will be a peaceful, quiet run through the snow-blanketed forests near my mom's house in Ohio.
  • teisha98
    Options
    I love to run so I am in for a 3 mile run on Christmas morning.....
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, this could be fun knowing there are other "crazy's" out there (and I say that with the deepest affection). My only issue is my husband took me last Saturday to fit me at the local running shoe store for a brand new pair of Socouney's. BUT he made me wrap them and put them under the tree (yes, wrap them myself, you need to know him to love him). So do I unwrap them, wear them and rewrap them, or wear my old crappy one?
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'll be running Christmas day!

But, depending on where the person above's mom lives in OH....there may not be much snow. Our temps are headed up and rain is forecast for the weekend to wash away all the snow we currently have. May be a drab, muddy Christmas day around these parts.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Wednesdays are speed work days for me. My current training plan calls for:

5 miles : warm-up, 3 miles at 7:46 or better, cool down

I'll probably hit my 6-mile route that morning before anyone else is up. Thankfully, with it being Christmas, I should be able to navigate the streets at oh-dark-thirty without too big a risk of being run over...
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Looking to get in 4 miles that morning before the kiddos get up!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    Options
    I'll be running Christmas day!

But, depending on where the person above's mom lives in OH....there may not be much snow. Our temps are headed up and rain is forecast for the weekend to wash away all the snow we currently have. May be a drab, muddy Christmas day around these parts.

Cleveland...the peeps on facebook are all complaining about how 'warm' it will be. I think I'm headed towards a grey Christmas run. Hopefully I can still get that 'quiet' part.
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have a 12 mile run on the schedule that day. I am really looking forward to what, in my head, will be a peaceful, quiet run through the snow-blanketed forests near my mom's house in Ohio.

THIS i like, wish we had some snow here. Me? I just have to settle for 7 miles of hill-running...
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Planning to do my normal c25k that day but I'm not yet up to running the full distance of 3 miles. Oh no... not even close. So, on Christmas Day, I'll likely be struggling through Week 3, Day 1. And that *will* be a challenge for me. Does it count? :D
  • captaincharisma24
    Options
    casmithis unwrap the present..... take the shoes out of the box.... rewrap the box. merry christmas. you have a box lol
  • captaincharisma24
    Options
    welcome to the challenge everyone :)
  • captaincharisma24
    Options
    seilidhe, I'd like you to be apart of this challenge. I'll tell you what. Mix in your run with walk. Time is not important. Just finish!!!
  • captaincharisma24
    Options
    To be honest. I enjoy running in the snow. Its softer to run on concrete and the scenery in Michigan is amazing. :)
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    When everybody lays down to take a nap I am going to try and sneak out!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I cannot fathom the idea of trying to squeeze in a workout on Christmas day. From the time I wake up to the time I go to bed at night, I will be with family.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I cannot fathom the idea of trying to squeeze in a workout on Christmas day. From the time I wake up to the time I go to bed at night, I will be with family.
    can't fathom?
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

Pretty sure everyone who is scheduling a workout for Christmas will be with their family the majority of the day, too. I think the family will be okay if you sneak out for 30 minutes during a 12 hour window of time.

Kudos to everyone working out. I am going to try to work out, but alas, I am lazy. At the very least I'll try to take my dogs on a nice long walk/jog.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

I'm scheduled to run 400m intervals. It doesn't take that much time away from them. JSF.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    Options

I can't fathom spending every waking moment with my family. Its best for all of us if I escape for 90 minutes. But then I am a heartless robot.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to run two miles. I just started so that is a long run for me.

I plan to get up and run before my family is up. Usually I just hang around waiting for everyone else to wake up. Might as well get some exercise.