What was the last book you read?

Options

Replies

• MzFyreKitty
    Options
    Terry Pratchett's "The Colour of money"... slowly going to read the entire 40 volume series.

I'm reading the complete works of "Shakespeare" and the complete works of "Charles ****ens". I love the classics and have read these works over and over. So many great books to read and so little time..:)
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm working on the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy (in book 2 now) and a Gluten Free book with recipes.
  • Shananigans_
    Shananigans_ Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    In the process of reading Wild.
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    THE DRESDEN FILES: SIDE JOBS by Jim Butcher, ATLAS SHRUGGED by Ayn Rand, and THE 47TH SAMURAI by Stephen Hunter. (I usually read several different books concurrently.)
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Neuromancer by William Gibson and ummm Nutrition for Dummies lol
  • bobkat80
    bobkat80 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    The bible.
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    The Crossfire trilogy :-)
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    On the Run: A Mafia Childhood by Gregg Hill and Gina Hill

It’s a book from the point of view of Henry Hill’s kids. (from Goodfellas fame)
  • _Giselle_
    Options
    The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson. Been a long time since I've laughed out loud that much reading a book.
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Finished The Stupidest Angel, by Christopher Moore last night. One of the funniest books I've ever read and I highly recommend it!

Then you will likely love his other books as well.' Lamb' was my favorite.
  • casiobarnes
    casiobarnes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Terry Pratchett's "The Colour of money"... slowly going to read the entire 40 volume series.

I'm reading the complete works of "Shakespeare" and the complete works of "Charles ****ens". I love the classics and have read these works over and over. So many great books to read and so little time..:)
    I loooove the Discworld series! Favourite is the Nightwatch, though 5th Elephant is a close second. You're going to have a great time!
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!!
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I just finished Deeply Odd by Dean Koontz and Kiss the Dead and Bullet by Laurell K Hamilton. I can usually read one every day or two if I only read at lunch at work
  • aprildaguilar
    aprildaguilar Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Lesbian Cowgirls ... Obviously Western Smut Anthology :) I get bored during 12hr shifts need page turners ... Dont Judge ME!!!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Season of Migration to the North by Tayeb Salih. One of the best books I've read in my life, definitely in the top 10 or maybe top 5... And I work at a book publishing. :)
  • YaninaLabia
    Options
    Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    The Witches of Eastwick - John Updike
  • FionaS23
    FionaS23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Miranda Hart-is it just me?
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    Sounds like some good books. Who has a book collection? Not 2 books but a book stand or shelve full of books?

I do. In fact, I'm an English teacher and, depressingly, I own just about as many books as my school has in its 'library' ...

Last book I read for pleasure rather than to teach at work was Henry James' 'The Turn Of The Screw'.