Options

Replies

• cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    brownies make me happy
  • VixenInTraining
    Options

I work with a bunch of fat miserable witches. They drink ten tons of soda every day. Every day somebody brings in brownies, cookies, cake, soda, and candy. They think tomato sauce on pizza counts as a vegetable. This is why they are miserable, fat and sick.

Your not a very nice person!!! :angry:

Ooooh. Put away the red hot poker :laugh: I'm out.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I agree with the basis of this thread: I do firmly believe that folks should eat a plant based, whole foods diet. Folks really *should* stop mindlessly eating foods with HFCS , and tons of other added sugars. Folks *should* exercise, and eat right.

That said: attitude is important as well. Perhaps yours could be your next goal? You seem quite angry and quite negative.

THIS!!! I agree with your 1st post but your attitude does not scream ""Happy"" to me........
  • Guinevere_22
    Guinevere_22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I work with a bunch of fat miserable witches. They drink ten tons of soda every day. Every day somebody brings in brownies, cookies, cake, soda, and candy. They think tomato sauce on pizza counts as a vegetable. This is why they are miserable, fat and sick.

Your not a very nice person!!! :angry:

Ooooh. Put away the red hot poker :laugh: I'm out.

It sucks, I know how frustrating it is to watch other people make poor decisions about their health and well-being and then ***** and moan about how impossible it is to change their lives. The truth of the matter is; most people are terrified of change and some of them actually like living a life full of misery (it gives them a sense of meaning), which I think is why they complain but never change.

I get that you needed a rant; heaven knows, all of us need to sometimes!

Good luck handling your 'witches' :P
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I find that I'm a much happier person since I stopped worrying about what other people do and comparing myself to them (for better or worse).

It's great that you were able to lose so much weight, but it doesn't give you the right to judge other people's lifestyle choices. We're all works in progress, after all.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    They think tomato sauce on pizza counts as a vegetable

Too bad it's a fruit, huh?

someonehadtosayit
    LOL:drinker:
  • happylife2014
    happylife2014 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Why put your energy in looking at what others do and critisising? I can't imagine that is part of a healthy lifestyle either.

Live and let live and just focus on what you need and want out of life instead of fussing over someone else's eating habits. My colleagues make fun of me every day because if the healthy choices I make. Instead of critising them or participating in the discussion, I just smile and answer that I happen to like it.

Maybe save that energy for yourself. Might contribute to your healthy lifestyle.

This ^^^.. Very well put!! :)
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I find that I'm a much happier person since I stopped worrying about what other people do and comparing myself to them (for better or worse).

It's great that you were able to lose so much weight, but it doesn't give you the right to judge other people's lifestyle choices. We're all works in progress, after all.

+1
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Well, have you eaten any fruit today? Have you eaten any vegetables today? Have you exercised today? Have you drank any water today? If you said no to any of these questions, then it's no wonder you feel like crap.

I used to be depressed because I ate like crap. I work with a bunch of fat miserable witches. They drink ten tons of soda every day. Every day somebody brings in brownies, cookies, cake, soda, and candy. They think tomato sauce on pizza counts as a vegetable. This is why they are miserable, fat and sick. Well guess what, people? Your life CAN get better with better nutrition. Believe it or not, what you eat affects your brain chemistry. How the hell do you expect to be happy if you keep putting horrible things inside your body? Same goes for alcohol. Wine isn't a fruit serving! I, too, used to use alcohol to deal with my problems, but now I see that by treating my body right, and not drinking so damn much, I actually have less problems. Health is everything. I'm so much happier now than I was a year ago due to eating more fruits and veggies, exercising and actually drinking water (you'd be AMAZED at how much better you feel when you actually hydrate yourself).

I look better, I feel better, and my brain functions better. It's depressing to see all my coworkers destroying their bodies. They all have to go to the doctors for their cholesterol and stupid things like that. It doesn't have to be that way! Junk food is NOT an anti depressant. It will make you feel better for maybe a half hour, but then you'll go back to being upset. Exercise makes you feel amazing and ready to conquer the world. When you're sad, don't eat brownies, or drink beer Just force yourself to go for a walk. It makes all the difference. Love your body enough to take care of it, because it's the only one you've got. Love your body enough to take care of it and your life will change dramatically.

I love this message. And congrats for the weight loss!
  • happylife2014
    happylife2014 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say this, I haven't read all responses to this post, I skimmed around though. I'm not going to sit here and BASH you for making the post or the harsh comments about your coworkers, you certainly have the right to your opinion, as we all do! Maybe take these strong feelings you have and try to help your coworkers out a little, try bringing in some healthy snacks.. Fruits, Veggies.. try talking with some of them, maybe they're looking for someone like you to help give them that "lil" extra push/motivation they need to start a healthier life style and better eating habits. We all have to start somewhere! Use some words of encouragement, everyone you meet is going through something difficult in there life, some deal with those types of things differently.. Maybe this lifestyle they have is all they know.... Use your success to help others, show them a different way! :) Always feels SO wonderful to help others instead of putting them down!
    Happy Holidays! :)
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options

I very much agree. I try to my best to follow this advice. I took OP's post to just be a way to vent the frustration that she feels by being around people complaining about the consequences of their bad decisions. Yes it was worded harshly, but sometimes people feel the need to let it all out and use internet forums as a place to do so.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

It's depressing to see all my coworkers destroying their bodies. They all have to go to the doctors for their cholesterol and stupid things like that.

Congratulations on your success, and your happiness with your lifestyle! :flowerforyou:

While I can agree that making better food choices and moving more will lead to a healthier life, I find the extremely negative judgements of your coworkers depressing. Calling someone a "fat miserable witch" is hardly a happy and healthy mindset. Not one of us should be judging what others do to their bodies unless it is having a direct affect on you (example, your child, spouse, parent or other close family member). I see you have lost a lot of weight, and that is awesome, but I'm sure you would not have appreciated someone calling you the things you just called your coworkers back before you lost the weight.

Edited for spelling :grumble:

I am not calling them names or judging them for their weight or appearance. I made the negative remarks in response to THEIR nasty attitudes! I have no problem with overweight individuals who are happy with themselves, or overweight people trying to get healthy. I have a problem with severely overweight people yelling screaming ranting and raving all day, about how life sucks and this and that and they wish they could walk a flight of stairs while shoving a bag of cookies in their mouth!!! THAT's what I have a problem with!

This ^^ Congratulations on your new and healthy lifestyle but your post does sound judgey. I understand how negativity is frustrating. Maybe these ladies are comfort eating? Maybe there are other things in their lives that aren't right (personal problems which contributes to the comfort eating)? They are judging you for your healthy lifestyle and being a 'health nut', you are judging them for their unhealthy lifestyles and being a bunch of miserable old witches.

Doesn't sound like a very nice place to work!!

Yup. I totally am judging them. Admitting it, owning it. Not apologizing for it. I feel they brought it on themselves *shrug* Hey, I'm human, I get angry. Never said I was perfect.

All that "insight," and no thought whatsoever to what people may have been saying about you when you were fat. I wonder how many of them secretly thought you were a fat, lazy, miserable witch when unbeknownst to them you were struggling with an eating disorder. And now that you're skinny and healthy, you're so much better than them that you can't put yourself in their shoes for a second and think that maybe they might be struggling with something you don't know about?
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

Yup. I totally am judging them. Admitting it, owning it. Not apologizing for it. I feel they brought it on themselves *shrug* Hey, I'm human, I get angry. Never said I was perfect.

Many of us here were right where your co-workers are now.

Let me ask...did you decide to make changes to your life because someone thought of you as some fat witch?

We all have to find our own time to change...change because we finally feel as if we are worth it...and not because of what someone else did.

My weight tracker shows only 36 lbs lost...but over the last two years it is probably closer 60 lbs. The last 30 lbs I have actually lost twice! I have used every excuse in the world...sometimes more than once. One thing that I have learned...can't lose it for someone else...what others think...you can only change it when you want it.

Try understanding where they are...chances are...you were there once yourself.

In the mean time...congratulations on your weight loss.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say this, I haven't read all responses to this post, I skimmed around though. I'm not going to sit here and BASH you for making the post or the harsh comments about your coworkers, you certainly have the right to your opinion, as we all do! Maybe take these strong feelings you have and try to help your coworkers out a little, try bringing in some healthy snacks.. Fruits, Veggies.. try talking with some of them, maybe they're looking for someone like you to help give them that "lil" extra push/motivation they need to start a healthier life style and better eating habits. We all have to start somewhere! Use some words of encouragement, everyone you meet is going through something difficult in there life, some deal with those types of things differently.. Maybe this lifestyle they have is all they know.... Use your success to help others, show them a different way! :) Always feels SO wonderful to help others instead of putting them down!
    Happy Holidays! :)

Thank you for being proactive! You took the words right out of my mouth. :flowerforyou:
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I should add that I know plenty of people that eat sweets, fast food, pizza and the like very regularly and DON'T get fat.
    Their trick? They don't eat as many calories.

Even the ones that say "nah, I eat loads and I STILL can't put on weight" - when you compare it to the amount that I eat when I put on weight, they are eating significantly less.

So yes, they'll have a Dominoes a couple of times a week or whatever. But mostly they won't finish the large one in one sitting - and when they do you find that all they've had to eat is a basic sandwich AND they cycled to and from work, so overall they're calories-down from the start.
    While I'll have eaten a whole large Pizza, but already had the big lunch, mid afternoon snack and some other stuff.

Calories in vs Calories out.
    It really is that simple.

From what I've seen, the less physically healthy you are, the more likely that the food you eat may change how you 'feel' as far as eating clean (sic) foods.
  • mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You write this as though it is true for everyone. In actuality, it is not. When I began this journey last year, I went through a horrible depression for the first several months. Yes, eventually I got over it and felt like myself again...but those first few months were extremely painful and difficult for me.

I remember googling it...depression while dieting...and I couldn't find any information on the subject. Everything I read indicated that I should be feeling GREAT. Problem was, I wasn't. Then I was watching THE BIGGEST LOSER one night, and one of the contestants was having their cry...and I realized...that's what I'm going through! I'M NOT ALONE AFTER ALL!

SO, don't be so quick to post things that you believe are true for everyone. They just may not be. Today, exercise makes me feel awesome, and I have gained confidence and happiness with the weight that I have lost. BUT it took awhile...a good 2 to 3 months...to get there...to get over my need to find comfort in food and to overcome that initial depression.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Actually I've never felt like crap at any weight. I have always had a lot of extra energy and been considered "overly happy" and optimistic etc.

I like the way I fit into the world better as I become smaller but I don't have any more energy or happiness from my 101 lb loss or new much healthier diet.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I don't need to eat vegetables or fruit or any other rabbit food in order to not feel like crap.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    you sound like a pleasant person to be around
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Ok...I just read through this entire thing thus far and I think I kinda get it. Yeah, the OP sounds a little bit too angry and negative...but I think some of it's probably just the fact that she would love to vent about this AT WORK and can't ;-) Am I right, OP?

I have worked with so many women just like the OP's coworkers. I know how irritating that is. In fact, for me in the past it was often MORE irritating (if that's possible) because there I was, at 250+ lb and a lot of these women were maybe 180-200 lb and they were complaining about how their obesity was ruining their lives, they were on a million different meds for blood pressure, diabetes, etc...and they were only in their 20s or 30s just like I was. So I felt like they were looking at me thinking I must be lying since I had no medical problems and ate hummus and veggies...imagining that I was secretly eating the same Sonic and Krispy Kreme meals they were, or something like that.

The BEST though (eye roll) is when those women finally do decide to make a change, because it is usually the fad diet of the month and then they are telling someone like me (who has lost 101 lb so far in changing my lifestyle for the long term) that it's SO EASY to lose 8 lb a week if you follow an arbitrary list of 16 foods for 9 days and then eat only eggs and green beans for 7 days and so on...telling me I will never lose ANY weight clogging my body with a piece of homemade bread OMFG!?!!!

A year later I don't work with these women and I see them in Target and they look exactly the same. I am in skinny jeans four sizes smaller and have a radiant glow. That is revenge enough for me.