Embarrassed to go fully into my clean routine

Options
So lately I have been wanting to cut our bread and replace it with grains and vegetables, the only problem is school. I know that I shouldn't be fussed but I kind of want to do the meal prep where I can put brown rice, chicken and vegetables into a food container and take it and eat it but I can't because my friends will think it's funny. Should I keep doing what i'm doing and put it in a whole wheat wrap or is there anything else I can do?x

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I thought bread is a grain? Anyways, do what you want! If you enjoy your lifestyle, own up to it and in time, your friends should come around to your changes. :) At least, real friends should understand.
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Your friends will make fun of you for cheating chicken and vegetables? I think its time to find new friends. Do what is best for you!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    trying to commit to a bunch of overly fussy, totally unnecessary changes to their normal routine is the #1 reason people don't stick to a plan long enough to achieve their goals. In fact, it's also the #1 reason people don't even start.

maybe shelve the big no-bread and all brown rice and veggies plan in favor of figuring out what your maintenance calories are and eating foods you enjoy while keeping your total calories under maintenance. I've heard that method has worked for a person or two.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Um, bread is made from grains :huh:
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    trying to commit to a bunch of overly fussy, totally unnecessary changes to their normal routine is the #1 reason people don't stick to a plan long enough to achieve their goals. In fact, it's also the #1 reason people don't even start.

maybe shelve the big no-bread and all brown rice and veggies plan in favor of figuring out what your maintenance calories are and eating foods you enjoy while keeping your total calories under maintenance. I've heard that method has worked for a person or two.

+1
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    your profile says you are 19..
    you have 19 year old school mates who will laugh at rice?

:huh:
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I can't because my friends will think it's funny

Congratulations. That's an excuse I hadn't heard yet. You win a prize.

Who care what your friends think? It's your body and your health.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you currently eat sandwiches with whole grain bread, but I don't see how that isn't clean.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I kind of want to do the meal prep where I can put brown rice, chicken and vegetables into a food container and take it and eat it but I can't because my friends will think it's funny.

Rice, chicken, and vegetables for lunch is "funny"? What an odd world some people live in.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    After you get out of school and go into a work place are you still not going to carry around what you want to eat cuz your co workers or friends might laugh? Seriously think about it, who cares if you want to change for the long run aka life style over all health do what you want to do. Who cares what others think
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options

I imagine her friends will be concerned with her because she's obsessing about her diet when her weight is fine. Not that I know her weight or age. But I was a teen girl once.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options

Exactly!
  • Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Ok, they might poke fun of you for a day. Are they seriously going to harrass you forever about something so silly? Probably not. Let them make their comments, laugh along with them, and then go ahead and do what you think is best for you.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Im 45 and I have steel cut oats and Fage 2 percent yogurts mixed in for my AM snack aka breakfeast and I get razzed a bit for it at work, and I even play along. It is MY body and MY lifestyle. I could really care less what other people think of what I eat I think MY healthy lifestyle speaks for itself. Well 80 percent healthy any ways. When I first started eating healthier I used to think what would other ppl would think or felt the need to explain myself why i am eating the way I am. But yet others eat like crap 80 percent if not 90 and it seems acceptable go figure.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    So lately I have been wanting to cut our bread and replace it with grains and vegetables, the only problem is school. I know that I shouldn't be fussed but I kind of want to do the meal prep where I can put brown rice, chicken and vegetables into a food container and take it and eat it but I can't because my friends will think it's funny. Should I keep doing what i'm doing and put it in a whole wheat wrap or is there anything else I can do?x

Forget about what anyone else thinks and just take your food with you.
  • 50racinggirl
    50racinggirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options

So really someone else is in control of your life.....that's what you are saying. Do what YOU need to do.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Yeah, instead, you can eat like a normal person. :huh:
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options

So really someone else is in control of your life.....that's what you are saying. Do what YOU need to do.

Dont know you that all 19 year old girls are in control of their friends lifes? Lol I was thinking the same thing but I was 19 once so I get her logic.....

OP just remember you are in control of your life when you get into your 30-40s and older you really arent going to care what other thinks so much
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options

+2
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

this