Cooking Eggs in Bacon fat...is that really bad?

Options

Replies

• Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    NO! You're doing it right! :love:
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Isn't that how you're suppose to make eggs?!?
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    no that's delicious

+1
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Not only do I fry the eggs in the bacon grease, I'll through some bread in afterwards to soak up whats left and get crunchy and delicious.

Fried bread FTW.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    All I got from this thread is that the prospect of cooking and eating a single slice of bacon gives me a sad
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Is it bad? Heck no, it's delicious! :smile:
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    All I got from this thread is that the prospect of cooking and eating a single slice of bacon gives me a sad

I just assumed she misspelled 'pound'.
  • sunnyskys2013
    sunnyskys2013 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Lol i only eat eggs if i have enough other stuff like meat,veggie and cheese that i don't taste the eggs. I don't like eggs yuck but i eat them because they are good for me.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options

I just assumed she misspelled 'pound'.

:laugh:
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    if you're worried, try turkey bacon. I think it tastes even better, personally!!
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    if you're worried, try turkey bacon. I think it tastes even better, personally!!

YOU TAKE THAT BACK.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Should I stop with the bacon?

No. Never stop with the bacon and no bacon shaming. Bacon = good. Life without bacon is not worth living.

QFT!!!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Have you tried frying mushrooms in the bacon fat? Its my most favouritest flavour ever :) if I do eggs as well it is yummy, but the eggs go a little bit grey coloured, but still highly delicious.

Don't let anyone make you feel you should give up bacon!!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    If it's wrong, I don't want to be right.:tongue:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Regular bacon only has .5g more total fat and .5g more sat fat than turkey bacon, per serving (Oscar Mayer brand) - I dont see a real health benefit there. But liking it more is a pretty key aspect of the decision ...

ETA: when I make an omelet, I fry up the onions and mushrooms for the filling in the bacon grease ...
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

BLASPHEMY!

n3xi6p.gif
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options

bad%2520turkey%2520bacon.jpeg
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    OMG terrible idea!

Instead, use the bacon fat to fry hash browns, and then use butter to fry eggs. This way there's no waste, and you add the all-important butter and potato macros.

ETA: And don't forget to top the eggs with cheddar and Tapatio.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    You have my approval!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

:sad:

I don't even think turkey bacon should be classified as bacon. They should have to call it turkey strips or something.