Big Boob Blues

Options

Replies

• The_Fat_Friend
    The_Fat_Friend Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't really have anything to offer, most of it has been said. I just wanted to compliment you on topic title alliteration; it is refreshing!
    :drinker:
  • bellaiabello
    Options
    I hear ya, I am a 32H as well. Don't really have anything to add except: You are not alone.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My advice is to try out some high end bras if you haven't already. The right shape can make you look overall thinner/smaller.

Now bathing suits...don't get me started on that farce. :grumble:
  • nklp
    nklp Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Urgh men can you please stop with the creepy frigging comments? Having large breasts is a really frustrating problem - it can ruin your self-esteem, cause people you've never met to form harsh judgments about you or sexualize you, and prevent you from doing the things you want to do or wear the clothes that you want to wear. It can be a serious, complicated issue that can affect people incredibly negatively for their whole lives.
    I know all you're trying to do is reassure the women who are suffering with this that many men find large breasts attractive, but you are lacking in understanding, and being downright degrading. Who gives a monkeys what you find attractive? My body is not here to please any one but me. If it's causing me misery, you offering the idea you'd be excited to screw me (despite that never being offered) is really, really insulting.
    These forums are for people who wish to confront their body issues and shape themselves into who they want to be. What gives you the right to offer the suggestion that you get enjoyment from a person's body if it's causing the person whose body it is distress? And what kind of reaction are you expecting?
    Please go away.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD and it seems I'm going down to a D. :( bummed

Then again I'm tall and they do not give me back problems....
  • nklp
    nklp Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    kayglaze Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 9 December 12, 2013 6:20 pm
    So one of my main motivations for working out is my bra size. When I gain weight, I gain in my breast first so I thought losing weight would fall from there as well. Went to get measure today and 15lbs later, I am still a 32H/HH. Don't think I have ever cried so hard in front of a sales associate.

I know there's no way to target weight loss areas but my feelings are so hurt. I only have 15lbs to go before I reach my goal and by then I may lose a cup size but that's about it. If anyone has any experience with big boob problems, please comment. I could use some serious advice right now...

Knowing that there's not much else you can do to rid yourself of the inconvenience@bra size, which I understand all too well magnetises negative attention and the most awful of stereotypes some have the propensity to hurl, as a fellow-endowed and active woman, my advice to you is as I've summarised via the attached.

10pot1x.jpg

*Remain encouraged! Replace your bra-size body image issue with how you are to prioritise your breast beauty and breast "fitness"; Consider what's available to you via the Dermatologists within your area, as a positive distraction from feeling downtrodden over its size *

This is so helpful! Thank you so much. I'm also one of the curvier ladies - at my thinnest (UK size 4) I still had a 28E bust size, and when I was the heaviest I've ever been (UK size 16) I had 34H's. I'm trying to get back to my favorite size for my body (30F) but at the moment I'm still spilling out over the top of 32G's. I hate it! Bras are so expensive, and we have to work so much harder to keep the ladies upright and alert. I'm only 20 years old but I'm already losing a bit of my perkiness, and I'm scared that weight-loss will only emphasize this!
  • lillivewire87
    lillivewire87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Have you started concentrating on building up your chest muscles?? Pushups, pullups, rows, kickbacks, etc? When you look at athletes like gymnasts, swimmers, etc. you almost never see any with large breasts and that is because they have a low body fat percentage and work on developing and honing their muscles.

I am not as large as you, I only started at a DD but since losing 325 pounds I am down to a C cup...I am actually hoping I will eventually be a B by the time I get to where I want to go. But I didn't really see any reduction in size until I started doing the lifting and focusing on my chest and arms...then it came off fast.

Since this post I have been doing push ups and chest flies with light weights during every workout!!! I hope to see some change, well at least more lift! Thanks for your advice :-)

I am always glad to help if I can...I did just want to add I caught a major typo in my first response when I was reading your reply...I have lost 25 pounds not 325...sorry! However the rest is true. I believe that the lifting I have been doing has also helped to keep them "perky" so to speak rather than them going pancake boob on me. Good luck and keep up the good work you look great!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I have had sooooo many people tell me that when you lose weight, it normally goes from your breasts first. So what you and some other ladies are saying is......that's not true??? I think I'm going to cry. That is what I was looking forward to most. You do look great in your picture, though.

I read several comments that said for us larger-chested ladies to just be thankful and not complain. We can very easily say the same thing to the ladies with smaller boobs. ;) Having huge boobs is a pain. Literally!

It depends on your body type.

Some women have (relatively speaking) more fat in their breasts. They're the ones that lose the cup sizes as they lose weight. It might come off first, it might come off last, but if you drop enough fat, it'll come off.

Then there are those whose breast volume is almost entirely breast tissue (like me). If you've had a mammogram you should be able to see which you are. They won't have much, if any, change in cup size. I didn't change breast size at all, although I dropped more than 4" around my ribcage. Personally, I don't mind, except that it is a pain to find a 30 band anything to try on, let alone in cup sizes larger than a C. Apparently, if you have a small ribcage, you must have small boobs as well. At least according to US manufacturers.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Some of us just don't lose in the boobs. I'm a 34DD and was the same size when I was stick thin. I had a friend who recently had reduction surgery--she looks FANTASTIC!! I'm not to that point, but damn I wish they would be perky C cups!!!

Agreed. I have lost a little over 100 lb in the past 5 years, and only went from 42DD to 40DD. In fact I still have a 40DD bra that is too small and the cups runneth over...wtf
  • target_XX0
    target_XX0 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Urgh men can you please stop with the creepy frigging comments? Having large breasts is a really frustrating problem - it can ruin your self-esteem, cause people you've never met to form harsh judgments about you or sexualize you, and prevent you from doing the things you want to do or wear the clothes that you want to wear. It can be a serious, complicated issue that can affect people incredibly negatively for their whole lives.
    .....…...

Please go away

So, I'm a man.
    And I was fat. Still am but to a lesser degree.
    And I have breasts, not large but more than my gf... 8p

Can I please stay ? I also am interested in when mine will recede...
    And don't start me on the unwanted attention they bought me 8p (/sarcasm, /laugh it's funny,/yeah I know,sorry)

On a side note to the original poster : you look gorgeous (hoping it's not a creepy comment 8p)
    And if your breasts are the last to lose you can cheat by muscling your shoulders and arms a bit so that they look a bit larger and will proportionally make the rest look smaller...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I have had sooooo many people tell me that when you lose weight, it normally goes from your breasts first. So what you and some other ladies are saying is......that's not true??? I think I'm going to cry. That is what I was looking forward to most. You do look great in your picture, though.

I read several comments that said for us larger-chested ladies to just be thankful and not complain. We can very easily say the same thing to the ladies with smaller boobs. ;) Having huge boobs is a pain. Literally!

It depends on your body type.

Some women have (relatively speaking) more fat in their breasts. They're the ones that lose the cup sizes as they lose weight. It might come off first, it might come off last, but if you drop enough fat, it'll come off.

Then there are those whose breast volume is almost entirely breast tissue (like me). If you've had a mammogram you should be able to see which you are. They won't have much, if any, change in cup size. I didn't change breast size at all, although I dropped more than 4" around my ribcage. Personally, I don't mind, except that it is a pain to find a 30 band anything to try on, let alone in cup sizes larger than a C. Apparently, if you have a small ribcage, you must have small boobs as well. At least according to US manufacturers.

panache, curvy kate, freya, wacoal are all great for those of us with small ribcages and large breasts (AKA full busted). these arent US brands but they are very easy to get in the US.
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    not going to lie, I started at 180lbs at 5'6" with MAYBE B sized boobs. MAYBE.
    now at 135 I can't fill out my 34-B bra, and my friend told me the other day that if her boobs were as small as mine, she wouldn't even bother with a bra. Sigh :(
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Don't think I have ever cried so hard in front of a sales associate.

Does that mean that you normally cry in front of sales associates, just not normally that hard? That's really not appropriate behavior at all. Maybe you should work on your emotional issues?

Personally, I've gone from 38G to 32G so far, so same cup size, but that does represent a loss of volume since cup size is relative to band size. Yes, the size of my breasts gets me unwanted attention and that's annoying, but it also makes me attractive to people who I find attractive, so it's not all negative.

Actually, yes I have cried in front of a sales associate before. My breast are actually a huge problem for me and I find it disheartening when my efforts are having zero effect on them. However since this post was mainly about breast advice, your comments about my emotional response weren't necessary. As a trained therapists and counselor, I am fully aware of when emotional responses are inappropriate and have very much insight as to whether or not I have "emotional issues." When it comes to my post, I ask that you please stick to the topic at hand and not cause further damage with your judgmental comments.

I agree. Thought that comment was ugly and unneccesary. SMH.
    My emotional help pal.com.... not. Stick to the boobs random downer person, don't be a nasty internet jerk.
  • helpmeet2day
    helpmeet2day Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction and I am so glad I did. My back was killing me when I exercised, etc. Everybody thought I'd just dropped weight afterwards. Now I can find clothes and bras that fit and not get all that "unwanted attention".:happy:
  • fitndfab
    fitndfab Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This should help you http://www.ayurvedaways.com/sex-life/breast-reduction-exercise.html

All the best and share your experience :)
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I too cry when I have to bra shop. I'm a FF or G depending on the bra. I will literally sit on the dressing room floor and cry my eyes out when I have to buy a new bra. Someday, after I reach my weight loss goal, I will get a breast reduction.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    my bust measurement changes 1 MAYBE 2 inches with my weight loss . Whether I am 148 or 113. Even if my underbust and every other section of my body slims down the boobies are here to stay from a 32/F to a 30/E. Your boobs are always gonna be big. I tell people that mine may decide to take over Tokyo. I have no real advice except commiseration of feeling embarrassed about my boobs. and the horror of trying on clothes only to feel like I look like a *kitten* or just plain ridiculous because of the breasticles. The only bright side I have is finding that perfect peice of clothing that makes you look SMOKIN

unfortunately this is still a big stereotype and just one of the many reasons i had body image issues when i was younger.

the idea that i'm somehow sluttier than a girl with a b cup because i wear a tank top on a 100 degree is ridiculous.

No kidding, I've had that problem quite often. If you are big-chested and you wear a tighter shirt or anything low cut, you are labeled as dressing "slutty". But if a smaller-chested girl does it, it's fine. I blame men and their breast obsession! :tongue:
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction nearly 10 years ago and as I gained weight over the years I gained bra size again....not as big as they were, but went from a C to a DD. I've lost 44 lbs and although they've gone down a little bit I'm still a D cup. On a positive note, my husband loves my proportions and they make me look thinner everywhere else! :wink:
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I know all you're trying to do is reassure the women who are suffering with this that many men find large breasts attractive, but you are lacking in understanding, and being downright degrading. Who gives a monkeys what you find attractive? My body is not here to please any one but me. If it's causing me misery, you offering the idea you'd be excited to screw me (despite that never being offered) is really, really insulting.
    These forums are for people who wish to confront their body issues and shape themselves into who they want to be. What gives you the right to offer the suggestion that you get enjoyment from a person's body if it's causing the person whose body it is distress? And what kind of reaction are you expecting?
    Please go away.

This! It goes for other women too! I'm always feeling judged by both genders. Either I'm a slut or a prude because of how I dress. Clothes are not made for large chested ladies (there are NO swim suits AT ALL that fit my boobies while still fitting the rest of me!) I have both men and women ask to feel my boobs. Drunk women are terrible about invading my personal space if I go out to the bars with friends.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Please go away.

This! It goes for other women too! I'm always feeling judged by both genders. Either I'm a slut or a prude because of how I dress. Clothes are not made for large chested ladies (there are NO swim suits AT ALL that fit my boobies while still fitting the rest of me!) I have both men and women ask to feel my boobs. Drunk women are terrible about invading my personal space if I go out to the bars with friends.

At least they ask you.... I have women grab mine all the time when I'm out without asking. Apparently they think it's okay bc they are girls?