Ladies, I need inspiration. What to get him for Christmas?

Options

Replies

• determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I got my bf of 5 years a Nintendo 3DS with two 3DS games.

• You're really not giving us a lot to work with here...so far we have no socks and he's not a gamer...maybe it would be easier if you gave us some ideas of what he's interested in? Hobbies, etc.

He loves listening to gospel music on his iPod so I bought him one of those speakers a couple of years ago. He plugs his ipod in and can listen to music in the room. He also loves watching movies so I bought him a portable DVD player some years ago. He's a church minister you see so limited on what I can get him which he'll use.

Can't buy him a Bible as he has loads :laugh:

wine of the month club. you can't have too much of the sacrament, am i right??

Haha, QFT...
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    a nice big bottle of flavoured vodka
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I think you are thinking far too much about buying him something useful, Buy him something fun! An experience day, etc.

If he really says that there's nothing he wants then I'd imagine it's probably true. So give him some time with you. Book a romantic break, or just a weekend away in a nice hotel. Pick a place and research what to do there so you have a plan before you go. I've done it a couple of times with my partner, we've been to Bath and Somerset, and both times he's loved it.
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    How about a pair of tickets to the local playhouse or symphony? It supports the arts in your community and you two have a wonderful evening together! It would also go great as an add-on to any other gifts you're now thinking of! :smile:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Mine's getting dress shirts and ties, cuz good Lord if I allow him to buy them on his own :huh:

He also got a gaming headset so he can talk smack with his buddies on GTA V.

He's getting one or two more things, but I'm still searching.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I always find it strange when people don't know what to give to their SO. I found about a million things I wanted to get for my guy and had to pick and choose what I ended up getting. If you're in love and you know this person, it should always be easy.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I got my guy slippers, some really soft fleece pajama bottoms, cologne, Mary Poppins on blu-ray and a cooler for taking his lunch to work.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I always find it strange when people don't know what to give to their SO. I found about a million things I wanted to get for my guy and had to pick and choose what I ended up getting. If you're in love and you know this person, it should always be easy.
    Not necessarily.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily.

Well of course that's not always the case. I've just never had trouble finding gifts for anyone on my list. Then again, I only buy for people who I consider to be very close to me and I know what they would love.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Not necessarily.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily.

Haha this is why we are friends :flowerforyou:
  • Trissyboo
    Trissyboo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Not always easy to shop for your SO or any man for that matter. I am still trying to decide what to get my honey as well as my brother and my dad. They all say that they do not want anything and that they do not need anything, but it is always nice to have something under the tree at Christmas. I feel like gift cards are impersonal. Since your SO is a minister why not find something at the Christian book store? Or how about a day trip to somewhere that he has never been before? Is there a special place that you all have gone together, if so maybe make him a scrapbook of memories... hope that helps.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Not necessarily.

Haha this is why we are friends :flowerforyou:
    LMAO
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. You're not being ignored. I went to pick up the kids from school and now going through the list.

A night of passion isn't a present, btw. He gets that everynight :wink:
  • rml_16
    Options
    Not necessarily.

Well of course that's not always the case. I've just never had trouble finding gifts for anyone on my list. Then again, I only buy for people who I consider to be very close to me and I know what they would love.
    I've known my best friend since she was 3 months old and I was 17 months old. That's nearly 36 years and almost literally our entire lives. I have trouble figuring out what to get for her.

My fiance literally wants NOTHING. I know what he likes. I buy him things based on what he likes (golf, pool, fixing cars, you name it) and they go in a closet never to be seen again. Almost every year. We've lived together nearly nine years, see each other every day.

Some people are difficult to buy for. Even his mother calls ME every year to ask what he needs/wants because she has no clue, either.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. You're not being ignored. I went to pick up the kids from school and now going through the list.

A night of passion isn't a present, btw. He gets that everynight :wink:

:huh: If you are having passionate hotel sex every night with kids, I fail to see what this man needs a gift at all.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    This year I got my guy a bunch of movies, included a Die Hard box set. I got him some beard oil, a zombie garden gnome wearing his favorite footballs teams logo. I got him some video games and a nice gift card for sears. I tried to be practicle and fun getting him things I knew he would like. (Ps his bday is the day after xmas so he gets spoiled rotton)
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Check Groupon for ideas...one of the gifts I got for my BF (well...for "us") is a 2 night stay at a Bed & Breakfast a few hours' drive from where we live.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options

:huh: If you are having passionate hotel sex every night with kids, I fail to see what this man needs a gift at all.

Just something to open on Christmas day when the kids are opening up theirs t'is all :wink:
This discussion has been closed.