Healthy Breakfast Ideas (:

Options

Replies

• frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    my go to is Overnight Oats. Easy to make (2-3 minutes) and then grab and go in the morning. For the base I use 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1/2 unsweetened almond milk, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, dash of vanilla extract. Just mix and refrigerate over night and it's ready to go. You can warm it up if you would like but I don't. And then you can add anything you like such as; natural peanut butter, almond butter, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, greek yogurt, almonds, pumpkin seeds, or whatever you would like. I add the extras at night so I don't have to mess w/ anything in the morning.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Lean ham steak, scrambled egg or two, miniature whole-grain bagel with whatever cheese fits your goals. Bowl of oatmeal, two over-easy eggs. Cottage cheese, honey, and fruit. Egg sandwich made with light English muffin, Laughing Cow (or whatever) cheese, and a thin slice of fried ham. Chicken-and-sweet-potato hash with Greek yogurt on the side.
  • nseantae
    nseantae Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I wake up daily at 6:30-7am...any kind of cereals or muesli( 30g serving with 200ml milk/almond milk) is not keeping me full till 12:30-13pm no matter what fruit I add to it...I'm having a coffee when I wake up and postponing breakfast 'till 9:30 after I drop my daughter off...but it's crazy...breakfast cereals have so many calories, as much as a chocolate sponge...I tried sandwich with one wholemeal bread slice, cooked ham( even if I loathe it, saw on tv how it's made...it's still 11cals/slice) and plum tomatoes, lettuce, pepper, cucumber...I absolutely loaded it with veg..by 11 I was starving!
    And when I hear/read people having little things like yogurt with oats or a slice of bread with pb and being full till noon I can't help thinking: are they lying or am I crazy? I could absolutely rip the fridge apart in the morning! But on 1300 cal per day allowance how can you?!!there's the rest of the day to consider including dinner with family.
    I'd be really interested to find some ideas on here...some good ones!

On 1300 cals a day you probably would be starving. The breakfast options you mention wouldn't satisfy me for 5 minutes, they wouldn't even touch the sides of my stomach!

If that's your position, I'd be stocking up on fat, protein and non-starchy vegies. The fat and protein will keep you satisfied, hopefully for long enough to get you to your next meal. Having a wide variety of vegies should give you lots of nutrients :)

Yes, I was like you thinking how can I go on with 1200 calories. You have to do research to see what food have the lowest calories then go from there. You seem like a volume eater which means you need to eat a lot to make your self feel full. That's okay you just have to eat more veggies!
    For example I drink a cup of water which is really 3 cups 24oz before I eat and I try my best to drink the same amount after

like if you have an egg 74 calories or two egg whites 34 calories
    24 calories in 3.5 oz of spinach
    fat free turkey from Wal-Mart 25 calories per slice
    healthy life whole wheat bread 35 calories per slice
    2 slices butter ball turkey bacon 50 calories for two pieces (25 calories per slice)

so you can have a whole breakfast for under 155 calories this includes two pieces of bread add bacon and that just 203 calories!

You can do it just takes a little time to figure out what you like that is low in calories.. You can do it !
  • bigmc1965
    bigmc1965 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. When my eyes open...I want "food"... I tried coffee with the Fig Newton crisp cookies, and they are good, but an hour later I am so hungry. I even go for cucumbers...anything to fill in the void I feel. Water just makes me sick to the stomach when I'm hungry. Any suggestions you have will be much appreciated. I've got a lot to go and I'm doing the 1490 calories. Good luck to you...I'd be glad to help any way I can.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    This has been my breakfast lately...

2 egg omelette with cheese. Thomas bagel thin with Laughing Cow wedge. And Morningstar sausage patty. Yum yum.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    rice cakes with peanut butter & jam
    oatmeal with berries and agave nectar
    english muffins with banana or tomato & avocado
    lara bars
  • smand2000
    Options
    Trader Joes veggie chili (or refried beans), 2-3 eggs over medium (yolk gold and moist), wilted spinach, splash of Tabasco ... Occasionally over an english muffin half or in a wrap, occasionally with a touch of melted jack cheese, usually just in a pile on the plate. Mmmmm ....
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Bump for delicious ideas..
  • NovaLee12
    Options
    For me it's a 1/2 cup of oatmeal with lots of water. Only 120 calories
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    For me breakfast is my biggest meal. I love:
    Oatmeal - hot with crushed nuts and fruit
    Or cold oatmeal (overnight oatmeal) with crushed nuts, spice and fruit.
    Or Greek yogurt, berries, other chopped fruit (apricots are really nice here at the moment! :smile: ) and cereal (homemade mix of puffed corn, puffed rice, crushed nuts and toasted oats)
    I love breakfast! :happy:
  • Pixt
    Pixt Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is just not my meal ... not hungry in the morning ... don't want to bother. But lately I've been making an effort. Here's what I tried this morning:

Egg Muffins:

Ingredients:
    15 eggs
    2 zucchini
    6 ounces Thousand Hills Summer Sausage (feel free to replace with cooked bacon or sausage or vegetable of your choice)
    4 cups baby spinach
    Sprig of fresh basil (mine had about 6 good sized leaves)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (Farenheit)
    Lightly grease two muffin tins with coconut oil
    Shred two zucchini and parcel out among the cups
    Finely chop summer sausage and evenly distribute among the cups (a tablespoon each cup ... I pulverized mine in a food processor, you could cook the bacon or sausage of your choice, crumble it and use that instead)
    Finely chop 4 cups of spinach and a handful of basil ... whisk together with 15 eggs ... add a dash of salt and pepper.
    Pour about a quarter cup of the egg/spinach mixture into each cup
    Bake for 20 minutes, turning the pans once to ensure the "muffins" are evenly cooked

What I ended up with were little omelette like parcels, two of which make a quick 10g protein, 9g fat, 1g carb, 125 calorie addition to breakfast. They tasted really good and I tossed the remainder in a freezer bag and will just yank two or three out at breakfast time and nuke them to eat alongside some salad or fresh berries.
  • nattyann2245
    nattyann2245 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    oatmeal everyday
  • lolofitness93
    Options
    Moi le matin cest :
    -un verre d'au citronné
    -une pomme
    -3 tranche de pain complet avec beurre bridelight demi-sel
    -café sans sucre

et apres go a la salle de sport :wink:
  • LifeRenewed
    LifeRenewed Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I go in long stretches of eating the same thing then switch it up. Most breakfasts I make ahead and take into work to eat. I like to have protein in the morning. Over the past year I have done:

Steel cut oatmeal with nut butter and/or fruit
    Paleo pancakes (2 eggs + 1 banana mashed together, usually add fruit or nut butter after warming in microwave)
    Hard boiled eggs + fruit
    Crustless quiche baked ahead with whatever meat/veggies I have on hand
    Chicken sausage with fruit
    Yogurt with granola and/or fruit

Hi there, I'm going to give this a try. Sounds delicious and filling. Thanks
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    lately my breakfast has been junk with all the holiday goodies around but i like 1/2 cup oats cooked with water, mix in 1/4 cup applesauce, cinnamon and stevia.
    or egg sandwich with avocado and cheese on a bagel or wheat bread
  • LifeRenewed
    LifeRenewed Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tried the paleo pancakes once (two eggs + 1 mashed banana). I'm not big on banana's but I thought "Hey, what the hell, easy meal and a nice change from hard boiled eggs and a banana!" Alas, banana flavored egg is not my go-to. I had even added vanilla and cinnamon, butttt no go.

I also stick to a meal for awhile then switch it up. Lately it has been an egg or two (hardboiled, scrambled, sunnyside up) and Thomas English Muffin Double Fiber Honey Wheat with 2 tbsp Peter Pan Honey PB Crunch. Nom! Sometimes I do half a muffin and forgo the peanut butter so I can eat a Yoplait 100 calorie Lemon Greek Yogurt. Omnom! I find Chobani too bitter, the Yoplait ones have resolved that for me! I am diabetic so try to stay within the 45-60g carbs range I was given in the beginning while keeping the sugar factor lower.

Sometimes I swipe what I have cooked for breakfast for my residents here, which is baked bacon, scrambled "cheesy" eggs and half an english muffin.

Hey there, your tips sound delish! Definitely gonna try some of those ideas. I get so bored so fast when it comes to cooking and sometimes the status quo is just so dang aggravating. But I think I'm going to have to go an pick me up some English muffins! :)
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Breakfast Sandwich: 2 slices whole wheat 45 calorie toast; egg salad made with 1 hard-boiled egg, 1 T Miracle Whip Lite, 1 T bacon bits; fresh baby spinach; salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. So delicious!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    3 eggs, cheese, and occasionally bacon on two buttered slices of toast plus coffee.

On weekends after working out, 3 eggs, coffee, and some oatmeal with protein powder and banana. Maybe mixed berries, depending upon the flavor of protein powder I use.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    My favourite breakfast at the moment is scrambled eggs (3 eggs, butter, splash of whole milk, s&p), cherry tomatoes (I nuke in microwave for a few seconds to soften), hot sauce and grated cheese...so good!!
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Turkey "Bacon" is way more processed than regular pork bacon ... Nitrate-free pork bacon is your best option ....