Replies

• smand2000
    Options
    Is herbal assistance permitted?
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: Trust me, it would be required if I were to even think about pulling this kind of stunt
  • Fishshtick
    Fishshtick Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Oregano?
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Oregano?

Herbal Magic? That might be the answer.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    just 20 pounds? DYEEP?

2mALwAS.gif
  • IvyRue
    Options
    Suppose you could make the Pizza out of lead... though...err....that may just kill you.

So probably best not ehy?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Well given this is an MFP post someone has to make a snarky comment about feasibility and throw in some back of the envelope math to back it. So here goes. It is not possible to eat 20 lbs of pizza between now and Christmas. Christmas is only 4 days away so you would have to eat 5 lbs of pizza a day. Your body cannot do that. I encourage you to adopt a more sustainable goal like 1 lb of pizza for the next 20 days. You will find that by doing so your body will also have a better assimilation rate, giving you more effective weight gain from that pizza.

I could easily eat 5 pounds of pizza in a day.
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Will Santa bring me all these pizzas?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Well given this is an MFP post someone has to make a snarky comment about feasibility and throw in some back of the envelope math to back it. So here goes. It is not possible to eat 20 lbs of pizza between now and Christmas. Christmas is only 4 days away so you would have to eat 5 lbs of pizza a day. Your body cannot do that. I encourage you to adopt a more sustainable goal like 1 lb of pizza for the next 20 days. You will find that by doing so your body will also have a better assimilation rate, giving you more effective weight gain from that pizza.

Ha.... I scoff at your rEdiculous logic, and broscience. A large pizza is 3 lbs. So says Ask.com.... if you include today and Xmas day in his goal.... that's 5 days. 5 days to eat 7 large pizzas, which will put him over by a lb. If the pizzas are sliced into 8 slices, that's 11 slices per day, which is easily attainable. 5 small meals of 2.2 slices each... that's the way to do it. Or intermittent fasting, he can eat 14 slices per day for 4 days and fast on Xmas.

Well I am intrigued by the math. I'll give benefit of doubt on a five day window, but anyone joining now would not have a full day today so the window is still about 4 days. Have you ever tried to consume 4-5 lbs of anything other than water in a single day? Energy density of food determines stomach emptying time and gut passage rates. Hence fiber will speed you up and cheese tends to slow you down. We also need to consider the volume of soda or beer that must accompany swallowing so much pizza and to offset the thirst of that much salt. In the end, I still question if it is doable for most normal humans. I think the diet you propose might work for one day, maybe even two but the sheer mass and constipation would likely become limiting well before 4 days.

Let's just say that empirical data is what is needed. I want to see the experiment...I just don't want to do it myself.

How do you know he hasn't been training for this. Also, the man is freakishly tall. Wouldn't that stand to reason that his capacity load is large as well?

I just wanted to quote this. Otter probably can guess why.

But everyone, please, carry on.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :devil:
    :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    That is funny. I must admit, you got me. Congratulations! You did a fine job of advertising....getting attention.
    So how are you doing with this goal? Actually, it may not be all that ambitious. What does a large pizza weigh? 2-3 lbs.? More?

Ask.com says 3 lbs.

Arguments?

35215480_comic_guy_xlarge.jpeg

You can't just come up with a number. There are so many factors involved. Is it small, medium, large, family size? What are the toppings? What style of pizza (Pan, thin crust, deep-dish pie). I have personally hefted some pies that are about 10 pounds before.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this with chocolate.

Halfway to goal!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Ha.... I scoff at your rEdiculous logic, and broscience. A large pizza is 3 lbs. So says Ask.com.... if you include today and Xmas day in his goal.... that's 5 days. 5 days to eat 7 large pizzas, which will put him over by a lb. If the pizzas are sliced into 8 slices, that's 11 slices per day, which is easily attainable. 5 small meals of 2.2 slices each... that's the way to do it. Or intermittent fasting, he can eat 14 slices per day for 4 days and fast on Xmas.

Well I am intrigued by the math. I'll give benefit of doubt on a five day window, but anyone joining now would not have a full day today so the window is still about 4 days. Have you ever tried to consume 4-5 lbs of anything other than water in a single day? Energy density of food determines stomach emptying time and gut passage rates. Hence fiber will speed you up and cheese tends to slow you down. We also need to consider the volume of soda or beer that must accompany swallowing so much pizza and to offset the thirst of that much salt. In the end, I still question if it is doable for most normal humans. I think the diet you propose might work for one day, maybe even two but the sheer mass and constipation would likely become limiting well before 4 days.

Let's just say that empirical data is what is needed. I want to see the experiment...I just don't want to do it myself.

An easy answer would be:
    Cauliflower crust pizza.
    (Cowers and covers head to avoid object being hurled)

I'm not in on the pizza challenge. I'm doing a booze option.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I'm not in on the pizza challenge. I'm doing a booze option.
    I'm not really a big fan of pizza. Make it some Mexican food and some of this^ and I'm in
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    NO

cookies or bust.:angry:

This^^^ adding brownies
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    pizza-crust-570x395.jpg

pizza-slice-570x412.jpg

Large Chicago Deep Dish= 8lbs. Case Closed.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

Not only is this possible, I have found someone who eats 5 pounds of pizza a day. He does this as part of his training so that during a competition he can eat much more!

Here is the YouTube video about his story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5y8r6oxtlE

He is not alone. There are MANY people on YouTube who have performed something similar:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7UDGVo6Glg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0WG2B98FtU
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Seems light
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    pizza-crust-570x395.jpg

pizza-slice-570x412.jpg

Large Chicago Deep Dish= 8lbs. Case Closed.

In.

I'll eat 3 the week between Christmas and New Years and that's a wrap. Going to order some Lol Malnatis right now.
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Ok. But I was hoping to gain a few for my family photo!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Look at this, it only took three replies before some meanie pants cyberbully wouldn't support my journey.

I'mma start 20 mean people threads by xmas, who's with me?