other people's diaries

Options
I look at the food diaries of the people and sometimes the worry me.... not saying my diet is perfect in any way!
If I ate what they ate my body would be starving, I need salads or veggies to fuel myself. I plan on eating this way for the rest of my life, im happy with my diet, it works for me, and in sure they say the same thing about theirs.... its just the lack of fresh produce doesn't sound sustainable in the long run... to me anyway!
These people are meeting their calories needs for the day, but rather than filling up with healthy calories they would rather eat a little bit of something that is calorie dense... end rant

Replies

• salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    People like you are the reason my diary is private. You really shouldn't worry about what others are eating just what you're eating. Very judgmental, IMO.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I look at the food diaries of the people and sometimes the worry me.... not saying my diet is perfect in any way!
    If I ate what they ate my body would be starving, I need salads or veggies to fuel myself. I plan on eating this way for the rest of my life, im happy with my diet, it works for me, and in sure they say the same thing about theirs.... its just the lack of fresh produce doesn't sound sustainable in the long run... to me anyway!
    These people are meeting their calories needs for the day, but rather than filling up with healthy calories they would rather eat a little bit of something that is calorie dense... end rant

I'm not much of a veggie or fruit eater, and I'm one of those people that fills up my calories with "calorie-dense" stuff. For me, the way I eat IS sustainable. To each their own.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have my diary open. If someone wants to peek in it and judge me so be it. I can handle critism. If I don't like what I hear--oh well. I'm probably going to keep doing what I do. If someone makes a legit suggestion--I always appreciate it. However, I never ever peek into a diary and then judge a person.
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I think that shouldn't concern you.. People are grown up enough to make choices for themselves maybe healthy or not but it's their decision and their bodies. Alleluja :D
  • lele5160
    Options
    I tend to look for new or different meals when looking at someone's diary. Not as a way to compare my diet to theirs.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I tend to look for new or different meals when looking at someone's diary. Not as a way to compare my diet to theirs.

^^Yes!!!!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Why even post something like that? Let people eat the way they want to eat.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Are you down with OPD? Yeah you know me :glasses:

Seriously? Don't worry about what they are eating, you don't like it, don't eat it! They probably think your diary is just as depressing as you think theirs is.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    "Great people talk about ideas. Small people talk about others." Author Unknown
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxigkbctmu1qejlczo1_500.gif
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    looking at your diary over the past few days you've no real high horse to judge from.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Who named the OP as the diet police?
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Sustainability is key.

You have to eat in a way that works for you long term. There's no point in filling yourself full of "healthy" food if you feel tortured and deprived the entire time. I found that as I stuck with the program, got comfortable with my calorie goal, and educated myself about food and fitness, my food choices slowly evolved in such a way that my diet was fairly balanced and easy to stick to. We're all going through a process and finding what works best for us so that we can do this for life.

I eat veggies because I like them. But I also eat cake and pizza and french fries, and I drink beer, because I like those things too.
    I just stick to my calorie goal and try to hit my macros, so I'm not too worried about it. :smile:
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    "Great people talk about ideas. Small people talk about others." Author Unknown

I like this.

OP, why do you care? Myob
  • Fishshtick
    Fishshtick Posts: 120 Member
    Options

I'm thinking of a certain South Park episode. Do those fresh veggies make your gaseous expulsions particularly pleasant to yourself?
  • Pete0725
    Pete0725 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

^ This Here ^ For my entire life, I've eaten pretty much the same foods year after year. I peek to get ideas of foods I may want to try. If someone has their diary open to the public, you definitely shouldn't judge them for peeking at what foods they consume.

Shame on you LOL.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    42X7pKEl.jpg

OP what would you say about this diary?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Let's both get marooned on an island and I'll keep eating the 2.5 pounds of red meat that I ate today and you have the salad and veggies every day and let's see which of us survives longer and which person's "body is starving"