What time do YOU stop eating for the day?

Options

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Whatever time I happen to feel like it.
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    When I stop being hungry.
    I don't subscribe to a cut off time for eating.

All about figuring out what works for you. My cut off time never affected my loss, and I think it silly to go to bed uncomfortably hungry.
  • W0rthless_Her0
    Options
    When Im asleep. At least I think I do. Maybe I sleep when I eat I dunno?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    No set time--I'll eat right up to bedtime if I'm hungry. I don't usually even have dinner until 8 p.m. on weeknights, so a lot of evenings there's no time to get hungry between dinner and bed, so snacking isn't a big issue on those days. But if I'm hungry for a snack, I eat, even if it means going over my calorie goal for the day. I tend to look at my calorie goals on a weekly average, over on some days, under on others. Generally, if I eat a lot one day, I'm not that hungry the next. Sometimes I end up eating my exercise calories back the day after I burn them, especially if it was (for me) a big workout, because I don't feel that hungry right after exercising, and all I want is something easy, like peanut butter on toast and a glass of milk. :smile: But then the next day I'll be a bottomless pit.
  • I don`t want to appear rude, but is there a question?

It seems like you know you are over eating, you are confused about when you should stop eating?

Are you keeping your diary. There are no `special` times to eat/not eat.

eta typos

I'm not confused? Lol. I stated what I do and when I stop eating.. which is NEVER. Hahaha. And I asked everyone when they stop eating for the day. So yes, there is a question.. and it's the name of the actual post. :)
  • Thank you everyone! :)
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Cheese apparently can be an issue. I did have a large lump of cheese once and dreamt we were invaded by aliens. I managed to escape on one of their space ships but pressed the wrong button and ejected myself into space.

It's a myth.
  • sdr2015
    sdr2015 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I dont eat anything after dinner.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have dinner around 6:30 (when I get back from the gym), but I'll usually have a mini-meal or some sort of dessert with coffee at around 8:30 PM. Otherwise I'll be hungry and grabbing a snack at midnight when I go to bed, and ain't nobody got time for that. :laugh:
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    3-4 hours before i go to bed.
    but usually around 6-7
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    When I'm full at dinner, or when I hit my calorie limit for the day, whichever comes first.

Since I exercise, it's usually when I'm full.

But I tend to close my diary near bedtime just in case I have something with calories later (eg: coconut water or decaf tea with cream if I'm thirsty, warm milk if I'm having trouble sleeping).
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Normally after my dinner I stop, except for a shake before bed by 30 mins
    Nowadays though I'm fasting (done in 2 days), so I eat to meet my macros regardless of when I'm eating
  • cdavison2018
    cdavison2018 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am trying to switch to hot tea in the evening. Not much ever after dinner, but can be tempted by an ice cream treat so this saves about 200 calories each time.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Once I had a good habit, I just stopped. To get into the habit in the first place, I used to go and have a bath or read in bed to stop myself from eating. This worked because I don't eat in bed:)
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I usually stop around 4:30ish... which is about 4 hours before bed....I sleep better this way.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I stop before I fall asleep... eating in your sleep can be dangerous.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Usually eat my last meal around 6, at the latest is 8 pm. I don't really like eating at night... the earlier, the better for me. Eating at midnight or past midnight is an abomination to me. Went clubbing with some friends before and they decided to pig out at a late night Asian restaurant. Oh dear lord... I ate part of the soup, salad, but barely got into the main dish. It's just not my thing.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    When I go to bed, I take a small snack with me. When that is done and I have turned out the lights, I am done for the day.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Normally after my dinner I stop, except for a shake before bed by 30 mins
    Nowadays though I'm fasting (done in 2 days), so I eat to meet my macros regardless of when I'm eating

Is it still Ramadan or is your fast for another reason?

I'm skeptical of using fasts for *weight management* purposes. I don't think fasts really do any good for weight.

As a demonstration of self-control and piety, Ramadan's fast is fine because it won't hurt a healthy person, and people with infirmities (diabetes, extremes of age) are exempted.
  • serafinelaveaux
    serafinelaveaux Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Because of our schedules we usually sit down to dinner around 8 PM. I try to go to bed by 11 PM so once dinner is done that's pretty much it for me. The husband sometimes makes himself a bag of popcorn or Doritos and hot sauce around 11 pm and then crashes by midnight.

I'm up by 7, breakfast between 10 and 11, lunch around 3, then dinner at 8, so I have kind of weird eating habits anyway.