What does everyone do on Christmas eve?

Options

Replies

• Matt24442
    Options
    i have a few beers and then see if anyone wants to slide down my chimney

Same but instead of sliding down a chimney, I try to find someone who wants to sit on my lap and talk about the first thing that pops up
  • TeamDale1
    Options
    Christmas Eve service at church. Then over to my brother's place for chili soup with my sibs and their families.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm going to work out, then drink, then open ONE present with my DH later tonight. Not necessarily in that order. :)

Merry Christmas!!!
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Figure out what I'm wearing Christmas Day. :bigsmile:
  • alipene
    alipene Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Low key here. Everything is ready. Just chilling. Christmas day and Boxing Day are the two main events. Family over for both days. Merry Christmas :drinker:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    We always spend Christmas eve with a couple of old friends, drink wine, play games, exchange gifts. Christmas morning is for family.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

......said no man......ever.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    We usually have our big meal night on Christmas Eve and then go to a candlelight service. Christmas is more low key with a late meal, playing cards, etc. When I was younger we did all our gifts on Xmas Eve but not we kind of split them up. Christmas Eve has always been more of a holiday than Christmas to me.

I think it's kind of traditional among many Americans of Scandinavian heritage.

It's similar to Hispanic Tradition too. I'm celebrating with my b/f and his family (which means our candlelight service is Lutheran rather than the Catholic I grew up with). Nice dinner/celebration tonight (well rather loud celebration with this group) with Christmas day being rather low-key, open Santa presents with my son, catch a movie, have a nice dinner and perhaps play games on Christmas day.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    This.

Lingere shopping so I can be someone's present to unwrap, or undress, in the morning.

Tonight we will be watching A Christmas Story.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    For me...get everything ready for Christmas day. Which is clean the house, set the table, make the pies and before dinner snacks, prep the roast and finish off with a few glasses of wine about 9 pm or so.
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Prepare for work tomorrow! We pretended it was Christmas eve last night and had Christmas for my daughter this morning.

I am a fire fighter.

We work 24 on and 48 off.

it's just A squads turn this year.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    It's just 3 of us- Hubs, the Kid and me- tonight I'm making a beef brisket, rice a roni, and salad. We will probably have a stay at home movie night, the Kid will pick out one present to open before bed, we will put out cookies and milk for Santa, the Kid will go to bed and Hubs and I will stuff stockings...no pun intended. LOL Our big day is really Christmas Day. But actually, we have a second Christmas on New Years Day- we go to the inlaws for dinner and more gift exchanges. I come from a Scandinavian background (Danish & Norwegian) on my mom's side, but the Christmas Eve tradition must have gone by the wayside....

Merry Christmas all!!!!
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    Options
    Christmas eve at my parents. We draw names for a gift exchange. Some years have been white elephant. A couple of years we had to shop at the dollar store. This year we could shop anywhere but it has to be something in aisle 9, and under $15. It's always a lot of fun. Tomorrow at my mother in laws with my wife's family.
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Work
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Boyfriends family has a tradition of making homemade hoagies from scratch at his sisters, unwrapping presents and watching a movie. Christmas dinner is tomorrow with his folks. I have never done anything "traditional" until meeting him so I am really looking forward to being a part of something! :)
  • JudibugDesigns
    JudibugDesigns Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    spending Christmas Eve day cranking music and cleaning the house...Christmas Eve night we'll be passing around the Christmas Doobie with friends.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Legs and shoulders today.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Have a fish fry and drink like a fish!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    spending Christmas Eve day cranking music and cleaning the house...Christmas Eve night we'll be passing around the Christmas Doobie with friends.

tis the season
  • Polda2010
    Polda2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ordering Chinese and watch a Christmas Story with DH and Son. Merry Christmas to all:happy: