Did/Will you go over your calories for Christmas?

Options

Replies

• andysmom
    andysmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I will probably go over. Seems likely since we will be at someone else's home for dinner. Plan to mitigate the damage by going for a hike in the morning, and eating a sensible breakfast and lunch. I also volunteered to be the designated driver. Not drinking will save me the liquid calories and help me keep my resolve when faced with treats.

Merry Christmas to all MFP pals that celebrate it, and Peace on Earth to ALL...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Sticking to my macros - doing a mini cut at the moment, and whilst we could have had a "day off", I'd rather not. We trained, so it's a "high day" anyway- plenty of carbs, plenty of room for Christmas pudding :)
  • hotlipsliz
    Options
    Not planning on it but I might exceed my daily limit today. It's Christmas, I'm stuck at work and my co-worker brought in these awesome homemade cupcakes; of course they happened to be yellow cake with cream cheese frosting which is my favorite. I'll just try to budget accordingly for the rest of the day.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I went over today (Christmas Eve) but I'll be closer tomorrow, I think. :) Regardless, I'm not feeling guilty about it. Just enjoyed the time with my family.
  • dgm82
    dgm82 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Not this year.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Hell to the yes. My birthday is in five days too so I've dubbed this Fat Week ;)
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    We're not even at lunch yet and I've had 703 calories, so yes, yes I very likely will! I am exercising to day though, so hopefully i don't go to over my limit by to much.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    yes
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    I'm happy to announce I ate so much food this morning, the most I've eaten in 6 years..and I don't feel guilty! it's just one day out of the year. We can enjoy food once or twice a year as long as we get back on track! I haven't enjoyed food this much in years..

Merry Christmas!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I got through Christmas Eve slightly below my target and have already the calorie counts for today. If I control myself...I can have my one splurge meal and one low cal meal and still be within my target...a couple hundred calories left to spread throughout the day.

I am one pound away from my mini goal of 40lb loss...I don't want to wake up in the morning being 5lbs away from it. I am also so close (8lbs) of seeing the one hundreds agains since I can't remember when...I am trying to stay on track...no wait...I will stay on track today.

Good luck to all of you either staying on track...or getting back on track after the holidays!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately yes.

I normally build in my deficit by doing a 500+ calorie workout daily (65 minutes on the elliptical, targetting a heart rate of 140-150). As the gym is closed, I will be probably going over maintenance today. Pre-logged Christmas, and I am 15 cals below maintenance. One extra glass of wine will push me over.
  • overcominglazy
    overcominglazy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I wasn't planning on it, but then loads of biscuits appeared in my house! I've gone over by about 1000 calories the past two days, and I plan on doing it today (xmas) and boxing day as well. So I'll have gone over by 4000 calories by the end of Christmas and I don't care! The best thing about tracking faithfully and accurately every day that I've been on MFP is that I no longer take each day in isolation but as a week. And if I end up at maintenance or a bit over for the week, I really don't care. I'll rectify that next week with going back to a deficit.

It's a lot healthier for my brain this way. I didn't gain this weight by eating 3000 calories every now and again but continually eating well over maintenance for a long time.
  • paigenevaeh
    paigenevaeh Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think I did Christmas Eve...shall be today too. Whoops! Oh well, putting on a pound or two will get my *kitten* motivated to kill it tomorrow!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yup.
  • paigenevaeh
    paigenevaeh Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I wasn't planning on it, but then loads of biscuits appeared in my house! I've gone over by about 1000 calories the past two days, and I plan on doing it today (xmas) and boxing day as well. So I'll have gone over by 4000 calories by the end of Christmas and I don't care! The best thing about tracking faithfully and accurately every day that I've been on MFP is that I no longer take each day in isolation but as a week. And if I end up at maintenance or a bit over for the week, I really don't care. I'll rectify that next week with going back to a deficit.

It's a lot healthier for my brain this way. I didn't gain this weight by eating 3000 calories every now and again but continually eating well over maintenance for a long time.

I love your attitude! I am trying to not freak out and feel guilty. Guess I will just tack and make sure I eat less for the rest of the week.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Yup....but stayed under maintenance. BOOM!
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    Been over by like 700 a day for the past two days and intend to continue today :) LIfe's too short, and I know when I get back to work I'll be mostly alone, stressed out, and working out enough; so now whilst I'm home with family the motto is eat, drink, sleep and be merry!
  • tjthegreatone
    Options

Yep, great attitude :):)
  • BlackandWhitePhotoOp
    Options
    I will go over, but I will log every bit of it, to hold myself accountable.
  • allopathicJ
    allopathicJ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Of course, i will go over my calories for xmas. I've busted my butt all year, i think a few days out of 365 to over indulge and get chocolate wasted isn't too bad of an idea :) Merry xmas people!!