Will I gain weight eating entire container of ice cream?

Options
Wingg_
Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
So although I understand that it's all about calories in vs calories out. I only gain weight if I eat more than my maintenance cal. The entire container of Haagen Dazs green tea ice cream is 250cal per serving, 1 container has got 4 servings so I'll be eating a 1000cal which is within my maintenance cal, so does this really means that I will not gain weight? Have anyone tried? I am only eating the entire container of ice cream because I can't really figure how much is a serving of the ice cream, so as some suggested I am gonna eat the entire thing so that at least I know for sure I have eaten 1000cal. Will I really not gain weight?!

Replies

• Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question?
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    The only reason you're eating an entire container because you can't determine the serving size? :huh:
  • Beautyandthebeef
    Options
    Hey...I thought it was a good excuse lol
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Have you seen what happened to your last thread?

Can you not find the net weight and divide by serves? Or just cut out a quarter...or something? It's really not that hard.
    If you have roughly a quarter each time, it'll average out.

You'd be better off sticking to your macros, which you may be able to do eating the whole tub anyway but you won't get fat from eating the tub...you may get a stomachache, starve the rest of the day, and never want to eat icecream again. Don't just eat a whole tub of icecream because you can't be bothered working it out!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    filionwaitwhat.gif
  • WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    No, you won't gain weight if you don't eat over your calories for the day. Your macros will be screwed up though and that's what determines your body composition (how much fat you have). You can be at your goal weight and be the same or higher body fat % than you were when you started.
  • Beautyandthebeef
    Options
    filionwaitwhat.gif

^^THIS!!!
    eloquently stated. Literally exactly what I was thinking!
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question?

I thought the same thing!

OP--if you can't figure out how much a serving is, does that mean you eat entire packages of food? Cheese, meat, vegetables, etc?!?! Seems like a terrible idea.
  • Beautyandthebeef
    Options
    I looked at the OP's profile, she has a weightloss goal of 1 lb, no friends...do we perhaps...have a troll on our hands?
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    e583f253-d37f-4813-b6d6-fd4fa8f8a964_zpsf113d16d.jpg
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I know several people who eat ice cream a pint at a time. It's not a problem at all, as long as it's more along the lines of a pint a week, and not a pint a day.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    filionwaitwhat.gif

^^THIS!!!
    eloquently stated. Literally exactly what I was thinking!

Absolutely! There is something I want to say, but nothing logical pops up in the brains :)
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    filionwaitwhat.gif

Perfect
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Lol I am pretty sure if you eat the whole container/package of everything you'll gain weight.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I know several people who eat ice cream a pint at a time. It's not a problem at all, as long as it's more along the lines of a pint a week, and not a pint a day.
    damn. i guess i've been doing it wrong. :ohwell:
  • Wingg_
    Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I believe I don't a goal to loss 1 lbs... Okay, so I weight the entire container of ice cream in clouding the container? Cause it's quite impossible to dig everything out, then I divide by 4 so I will eat only a serving...
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Okay well, the easy way to do this is to do the math.

One container is a pint - that's two cups (16 ounces).

So if there are four servings, that means each serving is a 1/2 cup (four ounces).

So just measure out a half cup and there's your serving.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    All this...math and...stuff
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Okay well, the easy way to do this is to do the math.

One container is a pint - that's two cups (16 ounces).

So if there are four servings, that means each serving is a 1/2 cup (four ounces).

So just measure out a half cup and there's your serving.

look at you. with your logic and maths.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I believe I don't a goal to loss 1 lbs... Okay, so I weight the entire container of ice cream in clouding the container? Cause it's quite impossible to dig everything out, then I divide by 4 so I will eat only a serving...

No, not including the container. And no, it's not impossible to get the whole lot out of the container to weigh it, if you're that desperate to weigh it.

Knife. Cut in to 4. Spoon out 1/4. Done.