I know it's Christmas, but what are your goals for 2014?

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    10% body fat here i come!!!
  • bluesky248
    bluesky248 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    1) Loose another 21 pounds (or more) but 5 lbs in January to start with.

2) Walk the Mackinac bridge this September 4.8 miles (doing 2 am-2 pm right now but my feet still bother me so 2x day)

3) start back on weights

4) play better basketball..omg, I played after 30 years and what a riot..bi-focals and all I am trying.

5) play golf twice a week this year

6) walk 9 holes of golf at least ONCE this year..I have no idea where I will put my beer though...one beer, that's 90 calories!!!

7) laugh more, have fun, and take life one day at a time!

good luck all!
  • fayesmama1228
    Options
    Hopefully to get to my goal weight. But I am wanting to get to at least 150 (my UGW is 130).
    Get over my eating disorder 100%
    Graduate college and find a job.

And finally have enough confidence to jump my husband for sex! :blushing:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Hopefully to get to my goal weight. But I am wanting to get to at least 150 (my UGW is 130).
    Get over my eating disorder 100%
    Graduate college and find a job.

And finally have enough confidence to jump my husband for sex! :blushing:

LOL! you can do it!! I think i'd do a Christmas jump.
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My goal is to finally win my battle with my compulsive over eating disorder. I have struggled with it for over 40 years and was finally diagnosed. It is so nice to find out it was not just a lack of willpower and my failure. Now I can finally work with a team that will help me get over the shame I lived with. 2014 is going to be a stellar year regardless of what the scale says. freedom from shame.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    to be happy with my reflection in the mirror.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    First off Merry Christmas and congratulations for all of the goals that have already been met!!

2014 goals:

Finish losing the rest of my weight
    Get stronger and as healthy as possible
  • nedtoloseme
    Options
    I believe we can ALL do what we want! Just think of where we all were this time last year. I still have 11 pounds to lose (although after today it may be 15 pounds - lol). I just think it will help to keep on track with your health (and everthing else) if you set goals.
  • nedtoloseme
    Options
    My goal is to finally win my battle with my compulsive over eating disorder. I have struggled with it for over 40 years and was finally diagnosed. It is so nice to find out it was not just a lack of willpower and my failure. Now I can finally work with a team that will help me get over the shame I lived with. 2014 is going to be a stellar year regardless of what the scale says. freedom from shame.

You can do it. Nothing is impossible if you believe in yourself.
  • Iceman420
    Options
    My goals for 2014 are:

1. Lose at least 148 pounds. That would get me down to 305, which is half way to my ideal weight. Hopefully I can drop more than that.

2. Become a vegetarian....for the most part. The only meat I want is the chicken or ham that comes with my salads.

3. Exercise six days a week.

4. Stop drinking soda and beer.

5. Stick to a 2,000 calorie diet until I hit a plateau. Then I will drop to 1,800 or less.
  • Lizziej278
    Options
    My goal is to lose 42 pounds and regain the figure I had on the day of my wedding this summer, it's amazing how quickly I fell off the wagon!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    1. Get closer to or meet my goal weight
    2. Gain strength & physical stamina (means I need to start working out lol)
    3. Advance to purple or blue belt in Kempo by this time next year :)
    4. Grow my hair longer!

Looking forward to some things this next year, too, like getting married & doing well in my grad school classes, and maybe breaking ground on our new house! I think 2014 is going to be a great year!
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Lose the last 30ish pounds (final goal weight will depend on what happens with my weight training)

Run the North Olympic Discovery Marathon on June 1st in Port Angeles, WA http://nodm.com/

Hike the Chillkoot Trail from Skagway, AK to Lake Bennet, BC http://www.nps.gov/klgo/planyourvisit/chilkoottrail.htm

Learn to play the accordian
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    To stay alive for another year!
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Two half marathons. :)

Get back into working my core.

Enjoy life.
  • marioalberto1
    marioalberto1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    12-15% bodyfat, currently at 20%. Bench 300, squat 400+, 24 minute 5k.
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Lose another 15lbs.
    Start a weight training program (I got a barbell & dumbells for Xmas :)
    Eat healthier! Cut back on chocolate etc...
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    My objective for this year is to get my BF% at 20 % and to work harder on making healthier nutrition choices to make the former happen.
  • ThePinkPenguin
    Options
    Finish TurboFire and 30 Day Shred, but not at the same time. I started both this year but got injuries and had to stop. This time I am determined to get through both.

Take up more strength training. Right now I'm trying to do it two days a week and do The Biggest Loser Power Sculpt. No, it's not
    "heavy" lifting, but it's been a good start for me.

Make better nutrition choices, especially at restaurants. French fries and soda are huge weaknesses for me!

Log more regularly. I've slacked off these last several months.

Get into the NROL4W workouts.

Non-fitness/health:

Broaden my social circle and try out more new things/hobbies

Take more time to really relax without thinking of everything on my plate, even if I'm just watching movies or reading, and not feeling sorry about it.

Get my driver's license

Find a way to get paid for my writing, even if it's just a freelance income