Those who cut out sugar

Options
12346»

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

. We shouldn't simplify things down to calories in vs. calories out in every circumstance, because eating 1800 calories a day of pure refined sugar is going to **** you up harder than Tyson in his prime.

Yeah, because people are always going around eating nothing but sugar. :noway:
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I clicked on this thread hoping it would give me some helpful advice; I'm hoping to cut out processed sugar to help with my PMDD, as that is a common recommendation. But people just like to go on for pages about how you don't need to cut out sugar, unless you have a medical issue. But you weren't asking for their opinion anyway.

Of course, eat fruit until you're told to avoid it, because it includes many important nutrients. However, even 100% fruit juice (and fruit-veg juice blends) often have large amounts of sugar, so don't drink your calories and sugar! Check the nutrition information on all packages. I'm still new to cutting out sugar, but these were my starting points.
  • nyhockeyguy
    nyhockeyguy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    is the tracking of Macro Nutrients dependent upon when intake occurs, such as a morning intake of protein, but a dinner full or carbs? Thnx, b/c I have never heard of this and am new to MFP, and have lost almost 20 lbs just by tracking my foods (calories), but looking to get "better" at it.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I am reading this thread for the first time, and have a Q.. what is a Macro Nutrient?

Protein, fat and carbohydrates are macro nutrients.
    Vitamins and minerals are micro nutrients.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    is the tracking of Macro Nutrients dependent upon when intake occurs, such as a morning intake of protein, but a dinner full or carbs? Thnx, b/c I have never heard of this and am new to MFP, and have lost almost 20 lbs just by tracking my foods (calories), but looking to get "better" at it.

You edited so I didn't read this part.

I focus on balancing my macros over the day. For instance, if I had sushi, that's pretty carb heavy. On that day, my other meal will likely be protein and lower carb veggies to balance it out.

You might want to check out this post
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    in for another thread where food is called bad, dirty and unclean.

Where people argue that it's not just calories in/calories out and that the type of food you eat matters as well. :laugh: :laugh:
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

Where people argue that it's not just calories in/calories out and that the type of food you eat matters as well. :laugh: :laugh:

It's kind of an old thread now.
  • sassyred3233
    Options
    to each there own. I for one cut out all sugar except fruit. which includes liqour or beer. I do this because if I dont thats what I crave and it effects me with shaking & stomach aches. you need to choose what works for you but I dont want any of that processed junk. I feel much better when I dont eat sugar. It is about calories in verse out but for a better general over all feeling I cut the sugar
  • Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Well I'm gluten free so most of my carbs don't contain any added sugar. I do eat fruit though. No reason to stop that.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

^^^ This!!! :laugh:

I must be doing it wrong!! :laugh: