Healthy Breakfast Ideas (:

Options

Replies

• djk721
    djk721 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    "Any-one got any ideas of a healthier good tasting replacement for the bacon?
    "

try baking your regular bacon in the oven on a rack. I use a 11 x 16 baking pan, cover it with foil (aides in clean up), invert my grill rack, arrange bacon slices on the rack, and bake at 350 degrees. All the fat goes to the foil.
  • dontwishforit_workforit
    Options
    "Any-one got any ideas of a healthier good tasting replacement for the bacon?
    "

try baking your regular bacon in the oven on a rack. I use a 11 x 16 baking pan, cover it with foil (aides in clean up), invert my grill rack, arrange bacon slices on the rack, and bake at 350 degrees. All the fat goes to the foil.

I second the baking method! Gets them nice and crispy and no chewy fat - blech. When I make them here at work I have no choice but to use a cookie sheet, so I line it in tinfoil and drain the fat off halfway through cooking.

I have tried turkey bacon a few times, but can't get over the texture.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Here is my breakfast from this morning:

Apple - Golden Delicious , 1 Medium
    Kirkland Signature - Extra Strength Energy Shot, 2 fl oz
    Homemade - Scrambled Egg With Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 8 egg
    Steamed - Green Beans , 1 cup / 10 4" beans
    Raw - Broccoli, 2 cup chopped (91g)
    Bolt House Farms - Baby Cut Carrots, 11 carrots (3 oz)
    Strawberries - Raw, 454 g
    Generic - Banana, 1 banana

Total is about 1200 cals with 76g protein and 56g fat
  • smc122977
    smc122977 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup cooked oats sprinkled with cinnamon, 3 eggs and coffee :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. When my eyes open...I want "food"... I tried coffee with the Fig Newton crisp cookies, and they are good, but an hour later I am so hungry. I even go for cucumbers...anything to fill in the void I feel. Water just makes me sick to the stomach when I'm hungry. Any suggestions you have will be much appreciated. I've got a lot to go and I'm doing the 1490 calories. Good luck to you...I'd be glad to help any way I can.

go for fat, protein and vegies instead of cookies/carbs. the fat and protein will keep you satisfied for hours.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    oatmeal
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

Oatmeal with fruit like blueberries, bananas, strawberries, raisins, cherries, or dates ( or a combination of these fruits) but then I fail because I load it with brown sugar. What is a HEALTHY NATURALsweetner, please?

Bacon (not crazy @ turkey bacon though) & eggs. Any-one got any ideas of a healthier good tasting replacement for the bacon?

egg omelet. but I like cheese and onions in it. (But the cheese is fattening) any ideas for a replacement with the same creamy texture?

I like cold cereal, too. ? I usually buy Kashi or some kind of Bran. What are some great tasting healthy cold cereals?

is the fruit on your oatmeal not sweet enough? you could make date paste, or you could use raw honey, maple syrup, coconut syrup, coconut sugar. they're all just sugar though. you could get a natural vanilla or choc flavoured protein and add that - the protein will keep you full. add a tablespoon of nut butter for even more deliciousness.

prosciutto tastes bacony...and you can get prosciutto cured only with salt.

cheese isn't fattening. I don't eat much of it because I don't really like dairy. you could just cook your omelette for less time so it's still soft and fluffy. fat is good to keep you satisfied longer between meals.

I don't think cereal is healthy in any form...but that's just me!
  • leehudson1
    leehudson1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OK well its not bacon but a much healthier option is to dry fry a slice of nice ham, its not quite as good as bacon but better than that turkey bacon rubish and definitely acceptable.

Here in the UK Morrison's sell a nume own brand that is pretty good compared to most bacons, practically no fat at all and still tasty even if a little dry due to the lack of fat.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Cup of coffee w/ MCT oil....stevia, cinnamon, and nutmeg....
    Maybe some butter...

But other than that I don't do breakfast.....usually.
  • giangarras
    Options
    Try Abouttime. Very clean protein,
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Some of my staples: An egg white, spinach, shallot, and goat cheese omelette or scramble, or Proats! - Oatmeal with a little almond milk, whey protein, and a topping like nuts or dried fruit.
  • Nadia222222
    Nadia222222 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yum I am going to try that too!!!!
  • gypsyone96
    Options
    greek yogurt and half an apple!
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    A hard boiled egg, gluten free toast with pate and a small handful of mixed nuts!
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Always coffee with heavy cream, then a little later a Quest bar or hard boiled egg or two.
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Special K / bran flakes with a banana! And milk of course :)! I'm a lover of cereal :)
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Here is my breakfast from this morning:

Apple - Golden Delicious , 1 Medium
    Kirkland Signature - Extra Strength Energy Shot, 2 fl oz
    Homemade - Scrambled Egg With Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 8 egg
    Steamed - Green Beans , 1 cup / 10 4" beans
    Raw - Broccoli, 2 cup chopped (91g)
    Bolt House Farms - Baby Cut Carrots, 11 carrots (3 oz)
    Strawberries - Raw, 454 g
    Generic - Banana, 1 banana

Total is about 1200 cals with 76g protein and 56g fat

For breakfast?? Wow!! What's ur daily calories?
  • leehudson1
    leehudson1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Special K / bran flakes with a banana! And milk of course :)! I'm a lover of cereal :)

Why milk of course? Special k and bran flakes (and most cereal for that matter) tastes great with fruit juice, I like to get a few cans of fruit, grapefruit, pineapple, manderin and peach slices work great empty into a Tupperware and top up the juice with some extra orange juice and poor a the juice over my cereal and add a few spoonfuls of the fruit on top. It really is very tasty and to all the people who act like its totally abnormal to put fruit juice on cereal I say which one of us should really look at what they are doing you are putting the juice from a cows boobs all over yours!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Pizza loaded with meat; nice combination of carbs, fat and protein. :)

[/quote]. It really is very tasty and to all the people who act like its totally abnormal to put fruit juice on cereal I say which one of us should really look at what they are doing you are putting the juice from a cows boobs all over yours! [/quote]
    Instead you squeeze an embryonic organism until it's life-juice runs out, then discard the rest.
    ;)
    More to the point, if I'm going to have cereal, I want SOME protein to go with the bowl of carbs.
  • saradord
    saradord Posts: 129
    Options
    I make eggs , with spinach tomatoes and avocado and of course BACON!!!