I work it into my daily calorie goal.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    leave it at work in the break room and watch it magically disappear
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I had a guest who is on a "special diet" and so didn't eat food I supplied - and I had healthy options - fruit platter, plain rice crackers - but brought gifts of a Christmas cake, a box of butter biscuits AND a massive box of Lindt chocolates ... why??

they probably received them from someone else, won't eat them, and you were the perfect conduit for getting those unhealthy (but oh so yummy) treats out of their house. So who can be that conduit for you?
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    My mum just pointed out that I had better wrap them up well or the mice might get them. My reply was: I better wrap them up good - I'm not sharing! (With the mice that is).

When it got cold here but not freezing, I put a sealed bag of apples in a basket way on back in my porch because it was a great temperature for them. Do you know some critter stole my entire bag of apples?! The whole darned bag, lol :D I found the empty bag near the woods.
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    Chizakura - I do the exact same thing lol!

I usually try and limit myself and fit it into my allowance, or give it away to somebody I know want's it, and isn't dieting etc.
    In "storage" I have about 6 bars of chocolate, about 15+ candy canes, aswell as an unbelievable amount of crisps/sweets/chocolate still in the house from Christmas! :grumble:

Edited to say: I always like having some kind of sweet treat in "storage", as otherwise I tend to keep craving something, whereas if it's there, I usually don't want it, or even think about it.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    My husband got me a two pound box of Whitman chocolates for my birthday (2 weeks ago). I LOVE chocolate and he knows it, but I couldn't help going "oh no, chocolate!" when I unwrapped the box. I asked him to hide it from me but he forgot, so the next day I ate about 10 pieces. Chocolate in moderation, are you kidding me??? Then I hid the box from myself, and fortunately there are only yucky ones left (dark chocolate cherry cordials, coconut, and molasses...blick), so I haven't touched it since.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    As a teacher, I get lots of chocolate as gifts....my husband gets them to take to work. I don't like chocolate that much, especially milk chocolate, so getting rid of them is the best thing for me! They'd sit in a cupboard otherwise and get dumped in a few months when they've gone bad...
  • scrapsandbones
    scrapsandbones Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I got a big bottle of Bailey's which I love but it's so caloric I can't have it often or in any kind of quantity so it's just going to go off. I'm just going to leave it in the fridge with a post it note telling my flatmates to have as much as they want.
  • mlegosz
    mlegosz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I take all my chocolate gifts to work and let my coworkers share in the calories! Means I can graze occasionally if I feel like it.
  • EvaStrange
    EvaStrange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I got zero chocolate and candy for Christmas this year. The only one in the family; everybody else got loads. :sad:
    My family is somehow under the impression that I don't eat sweets, and I grew tired of begging for suitable presents by the age of fifteen… :angry:

Anyhow – I went to a Haribo factory outlet a week ago and bought about 10 lbs of candy. A few days of overeating on liquorice and smurfs ensued, and then I packed the whole load up in a (hopefully more or less airtight) plastic bag and put it in the basement. I've hardly thought of it since. It's as if it were still in the store and not even in my possession.
    I'm easily fooled even by myself. :happy:
  • sodeelish
    sodeelish Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I always give it away. It's a waste to throw it out. And I will keep a small box for myself to treat myself. No more than one or two a day. It's amazing how long a box of chocolates can last when rationed!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I'm actually really sad that no one bought me chocolate for Christmas, or the chocolate Bailey's I asked for. In fact, no one's bought me chocolate since I started losing weight. I'm so disappointed, I'm ordering some discounted artisan chocolates online for myself.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I got a big bottle of Bailey's which I love but it's so caloric I can't have it often or in any kind of quantity so it's just going to go off. I'm just going to leave it in the fridge with a post it note telling my flatmates to have as much as they want.
    You might be surprised how long it lasts without going off (ie way past its best before date).
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I got two boxes of chocolates as presents, there's a tub of chocolate already in the house plus another tub yet to opened. I convinced my mum we don't need to open that other tub that we can save it for later. . I opened both my present boxes of chocolates trying to eat them in moderation just a few a day. I just remembered there's still another box which I'll be receiving from my auntie. All my aunties an uncles bought me chocolate apart from one. I was planning to keep them for later I'd rather just finish them an get back on track. I usually give up chocolate while I'm being healthy. I won't be opening any new boxes there's also still a chocolate biscuits box opened. I have 5 or 6 boxes of chocolate including the chocolate biscuits box.
  • Fridaklo77
    Options
    I gave my chocolate truffles to my bus driver! He was so excited, he said it was perfect timing..
  • seltzermint5
    Options
    I received stuff like that as well. I gave some away, ate some (hehe) and kept the stuff I know I can pace myself on.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Looking at one now on my office desk...Tender Heart Fancy Chocolate truffle..waiting for me when I got back from Christmas break...
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Eat it, depending on the quality. If it's so-so chocolate, I'll take it to work or let the hubs do so. If it's the good stuff, we'll keep it and eat it in moderation.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Hell, I'm eating my chocolates. They're the one thing that keeps me from getting stabby.
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's mother gave me some candy bars in my stocking and I remedied this by eating most of them in the past two days lol. I feel better eating junk right off the bat then I have nothing to tempt me anymore. I've managed to stay under my calories, too so that's cool.