Tattoos - How Many is Too Many?

Options

Replies

• KiraBaby20
    Options
    It kind of depends for me. I have 7 so far. All can be hidden if needed. Some of them represent life events, some of them represent family, and some represent me. All of them were hand drawn by my mother who has a masters in Fine Art. As long as you don't regret any of them and thought was put into them...the more the merrier! My sister had her husbands name tattooed on her lower back when they were first married. They later divorced and now she is stuck with that consent reminder because she is too scared to have it cut out or getting a cover up.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 with a total of 11 tattoos (counting the one I covered) and I'm no where near done. When I get close to 100 tattoos, that might be reaching the too many mark. Have to see when I get there. But I'm starting to run out room for areas that can be easily hidden.
  • Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    See now you're on par people ... BAD TATTOOS are bad no matter how many you have .. HaHaHa
  • jjeennnn
    jjeennnn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Tattoos can be a bit much for some - I personally like them - I have a side piece and a piece on my back but I love them :)
  • Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    Tattoos can be a bit much for some - I personally like them - I have a side piece and a piece on my back but I love them :)

I think the group would like to see those .. to feel more connected to you. :tongue:
  • jjeennnn
    jjeennnn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha they are on my page lol so you'll have to add me or already be my friend to see them :)
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    If you're hot, you're hot. If you're a long haired, stinky person, you probably have tattoos.

Well I have 11 tat's, long hair, but I am not stinky. :grumble:
  • mobrien0527
    Options
    I personally don't like them and I think one or two small ones is enough. I hate when people have sleeves of tattoos it just isn't attractive to me. I think if you have one or two small ones that are meaningful, like something to remember a passed away parent or something then that is acceptable but I would never get a tattoo myself
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    If it's a cheap tattoo, one is too many.

Word.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    If it's a cheap tattoo, one is too many.

QFT
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    When they start creeping up onto your face area, I'd say you've gone a little too far. I don't have any, but I think sleeves are awesome. Go big or go home!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    If you're hot, you're hot. If you're a long haired, stinky person, you probably have tattoos.

No. Just...no.
  • LookMaNoHands
    LookMaNoHands Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    One is too many. When the meat and potatoes suck, you cover them with gravy to mask the bad flavor. Your body is already perfect the way God created it. No need to cover it up.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    If the ink's done well...then the only hard fast rule I have is no neck, face, hands. I only have one...what stops me from having more is cash flow.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You can NEVER have enough tattoos! They're SO addicting!

I currently have 2 and am working on my idea for #3.

I say to each his own and I never judge...doesn't matter to me if you have 4 or 44!

<
    Here's one of mine
  • klaff411
    klaff411 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    What is it that bothers you about them ?

I think its viewed as unprofessional if they are visible.

On a personal note, I just can't figure out what is SO ****en important it needs to be inked into your flesh for all time - to display to the world. Feels like attention whoring behavior to me.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    when I get inked, there's no way I'm concealing it.
    Don't like it, look away :tongue:

Here's looking at you, kid.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I have 6. And there will be more!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    One is too many. When the meat and potatoes suck, you cover them with gravy to mask the bad flavor. Your body is already perfect the way God created it. No need to cover it up.

:noway:

It's not about covering up anything, it's wearable art.