HRM watch from Walmart?

Options

Replies

• kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Is this something you wear all day? Just during workouts?

Since I wear mine all day now (b/c my good watch broke) it’s fun b/c I'll see my HR go down to 48 when the office is freezing (my resting is about 55) and when I walk to the printer and back (like 10 feet away from my desk) my HRM will go up to 70 if I speed walk it, lol.

It’s fun, yea I'm a nerd like that ;)

me too!!! i can't wait to get one!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to hear if you guys wear them all day long and just see the total at the end of the day or if you only wear them for specific workouts?

You know what, I should try that for ya!

I guess I didn't try before since I tried that just with a pedometer and found that when I sat my belt would hit restart but the watch should work. See if I really do burn 1900 calories a day just existing like other websites have calculated

If I forget to post back in this forum check in with me tomorrow night.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Perhaps check Ebay, too. I got mine there awhile ago. It's a Polar, and I paid about $50 for it.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I have one from walmart - the one that is 45 bucks and comes with a chest strap.

Works Great! The only reason why I want to upgrade mine is so I can have a more girly HRM. LOL

It's confusing at first to figure out how to operate but once you figure it out it works good.

The only thing I noticed is that when I drop to the floor quickly to do push ups or what ever floor work I have to do, my HRM seems to drop the HR fast when I still feel my heart pounding. But I'm not on the floor too long so it doesn't bother me much
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I also have a MIO. $49 at Canadian Tire. I love it. It works for me
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I think it would be awesome to look at the HRM at the end of the day and see you had burned so many calories and then knowing what you ate and how many you "earned" as a deficit toward your weight loss goal! Now I need one too!!!
  • kdv090
    Options
    Some people in the US cal Wal-Mart Wally World - sort of slang!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to hear if you guys wear them all day long and just see the total at the end of the day or if you only wear them for specific workouts?

You can wear it all day but it is recommended only during work outs.
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    The few I've had were cheapies (one for 35 one for 15) off the internet and they al work well. Usually I get one that is the same model but different brand than an expensive one (Ex: right now I have a Schwinn that is exactly the same as a rebok just diff name on it)

What ever you decide, get the one with the chest strap!!!!!!
  • Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160
    Options
    Sportline $27 at Wally World - And I actually love it! Very simple, straight forward. Maybe when I have more money one of these YEARS I'll buy a nicer one. But this one is accurate and gets the job done! :o) I've had it for a few weeks now and seriously would recommend it to anyone! :o)

I tried to google Wally World for the next time I go to the US and buy diet cherry coke zero and fruit punch crystal light (2 items not available in Canada) but am only finding amassment park hits. Do you know their website? Thanks!

Its a nick name for Wal-Mart
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I have the $38 Sportline from Wal-Mart and I really like it. When I first got it I didn't program my profile correctly but now that I have it's MUCH more accurate. :laugh:
    I only wear it while working out because I'm not a fan of watches & can't handle it on my wrist all day.
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    You all are enablers!!! Now I have to leave the message board & surf the net to see which HRM I want to get. LOL :laugh: My pocketbook is not thanking you.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You all are enablers!!! Now I have to leave the message board & surf the net to see which HRM I want to get. LOL :laugh: My pocketbook is not thanking you.

I just dropped $100 at Walmart on shoes, pedometer, HRM, and a DVD! :laugh:
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I also have the $27 Sportline from Walmart and hate it. It has screwed up so many times. I had to return it the first day because one of the buttons popped off. Now it has just gone wacky on me...won't keep track of cals burned or stay in the same mode. I recommend getting a more expensive, more reliable brand.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I got the Sportline HRM from Walmart and it worked for awhile. The calories seemed to measure perhaps a bit high but one day it measured low, WAY too low. I was burning between 700-1100 calories per Insanity workout which isn't out of the ordinary.

Well, on this day a 40+ minute Insanity workout burned 43 calories. I've tried wearing this watch since and 40-60 minute workouts are now burning <100 calories which isn't right.

This is the second Sportline that I've owned and BOTH have started out good but then the calorie burn dropped to ridiculous levels. I'll be getting a Polar FT7 soon.

That has been my SAME exact problem. I'm getting a Polar soon, too!!
  • mrsewert
    Options
    I was just reading online you can get apps on your phone for the heart rate monitor it goes through your bluetooth. :bigsmile:
  • mrsewert
    Options
    I also have the $27 Sportline from Walmart and hate it. It has screwed up so many times. I had to return it the first day because one of the buttons popped off. Now it has just gone wacky on me...won't keep track of cals burned or stay in the same mode. I recommend getting a more expensive, more reliable brand.

This is the one I just bought but I think I'll take it back. I'm nervous now.
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! that watch sucks! i bought it, it was completely inaccurate, i returned it the next day, ya, i burned 100 caloires after doing 1 hr of complete cardio, i don't think so!

go for the polar, i hear they are great! ask santa for one, i may!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I have the Sportline from Wally World that costs under $30 and it seems to be working pretty well for me so far. I'm likely to upgrade in the future, but for now it has helped. For one, i thought i was losing weight a little too quickly, apparently my calorie burn from the HRM was much higher than what MFP was telling me, so I adjusted my caloric intake. I'm losing a little slower now, but i think at a healthier rate. So, no complaints from me for a small budget.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I was just reading online you can get apps on your phone for the heart rate monitor it goes through your bluetooth. :bigsmile:

Those don't read well. My husband tried it.