Boob loss's useless rant / HUGE thanks to real women here

Options
Ok, fine, I've been really really pissed off the last few days!!!
I'm a (soon to be) ex-fat girl and I'm used to consider my boobs as my only one good feature. And they're shriking like hell!! I'm suddenly down two cup sizes and probably counting.

I know that the upside of fat loss and fitness training by far outweighs the downside of it. I'm stronger, healthier, I feel and look better. I'm working towards a better butt and legs wich was my main problem area to start with. Progress is everywhere.
Blablabla...

I go back and forth with this topic.
Forth: "I'm doing the right thing for me in the long run".
Back: "I MISS my boobs!".
Forth: "I've never been so energized".
Back: "I have to completely reconsider the way I feel about my body."
Forth: "I can clothes shop in the regular racks!!"
Back: "Great! 'Cause I need tinier bras for a tinier rack..."

I guess the bottom line is I finally realized that I can't have everything, regardless of the amount of work, time and dedication I put into this change. And I hate it!
I don't know how much of my expectations for my body come from watching movies and pictures of women airbrushed to perfection for years on end or from reading magazines with articles about the latest fast diet / 10 minutes a day to wonderlegs / how Victoria's Secret's models eat cheeseburger daily and don't workout. But they definitely didn't help.
I've been obsessed with other women breasts and butt for a while now. I'm on the "Yeah, she squats" facebook page every day. Wondering if I can get the same results without losing my breasts even more.
'Is this picture photoshoped?', 'Does those legs come from genetics or hard work?', 'Did she get a boob job?'

And then, as a survival move, I go to this board and read real stories about real women (and guys, no discrimination intended, though the boob topic would be treated from a different angle...) succeeding the right way. Eating for real, moving their a***s daily, living, working, struggling and overcoming struggles. Considering that strong and healthy is better than famished skinny fat.
And making me a better me for allowing a glimpse into those success stories, for sharing the ups and downs of the process, for making me feel part of a whole and not the ugly duckling in a sea of beautiful swans who have it easy.

That's it, folks! It's probably an useless topic and smaller boobs a stupid concern for sure, but I'm really really grateful for having all of My Fitness Pals in my life. You're keeping me on track and help me becoming the same Wonder Woman you all are!

Vanessa

Replies

• hazeljordan1974
    hazeljordan1974 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I hear you sister - thing is for me, even when I was at my biggest I didn't really have boobs - I think at my biggest I was a B/C cup and because the rest of me was so big they were hardly noticeable. Now I am down to goal I am a small A and always wear padded bras out - at the gym I don't, I have these little bra tops and I do feel a bit conspicuous. I am jealous of those little skinny girls with the rocking racks! I said it to a girl at work (while I was drunk at the office party) and she told me hers were fake - I felt a bit relieved to be honest. I know most of the girls in the gym don't have fake boobs but are naturally that shape - but I have to accept that I'm a tall woman who will always lack in the boobage department.

I am sure even when you lose all your weight you will still have a decent amount to stick in a bra....
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    tumblr_matar65IDd1rrn4vv.gif so true!

I miss my boobs sometimes but not as much as I love the rest of my new body!
  • huv123
    huv123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    haha I love my rack - C cup and perfect. They used to be B cup before I put on weight so I am sorry to them go :(
  • liloldDee
    liloldDee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The first place my weight goes from is my face and boobs. I find wonder bras are great and smaller boobs mean ( for me anyway) less back, shoulder and neck pain. Also now I have big boobs I can't wait for the end of the day to release them from their harness lol, you don't have these issues with small boobs!
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Just remember when you're older you'll be thankful for smaller boobs....mine went from DD to D, and at my age (43) are hanging way more than I want to admit, really hate it.
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thank god I'm not the only one. I have some days where I just hate myself because my boobs are a huge ( less huge now) part of my identity , I've had to change how I dress and they look awful ! I am not even at my goal weight and went from a 34 GG to 32 E in only a couple of months and I swear there is no other body part I'm happy with.

Everyone I've complained too said small boobs are better won't sag as much but let's me honest if you drop that much of a bra size they won't be perky.

I use firming creams bio oil ect and spend days on end obsessing about how others look.
    Looked into breast lift surgery. I'm 21 and against plastic surgery in most cases this sucks.

Though have good days where I'm okay with the fact size 10 dresses fit. :/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Just remember when you're older you'll be thankful for smaller boobs....mine went from DD to D, and at my age (43) are hanging way more than I want to admit, really hate it.

I'm 35 and they're hanging horribly. I went from 38 DD to 34 DDD. It's horrible, really.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I understand completely! I want a boob job in the worst way!! When I was 100 lbs heavier I was a large D almost DD now pretty much an A :sad:
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I've never had them, despite having sisters with great ones. :( and yo-yo ing over the years, they are the first to go, and the last to gain. I'm just working on evening out the rest of me.

I've gone from a 38b to a 32c, just by losing weight in my midsection.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Girls, you've just got to sing this mantra - "I'm a naturalist."

And when you look in the mirror, stand on your tippy toes with your hands ever so gracefully above your head, twirl around and say, "ballerina boobs are beautiful."

Next, take a look at your backside and sing, "I like big butts" - then go do your squats!! And stop worrying about your girls.

Change what you can change and love yourself in all your natural beauty!!
  • Arbeidslyst
    Options
    For me it's the opposite. As of now I've been losing most weight in my upper body, around my ribs, my back, shoulders and upper arms. My breast though, they are still DD, which didn't look so bad on my bigger frame, but now it looks like I'm going to tip over.
  • azerty1981
    Options
    I understand completely! I want a boob job in the worst way!!

I'm definitely considering this! Once I'm done with weight loss and having a baby, I'll get one!

I went to college and got two degrees to enhance the way my brain works and the reward was a decent job after graduation. Same goes for surgery. Dieting and working out is like studying and a boob job is my reward for graduating!
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly okay with smaller boobs, but I'm dreading the deflation. I have already gone from a DD to a D and I'm only 40 days into my new life! I keep thinking there has to be a way to naturally lift the pecs to keep the girls perky, but I'm more interested in losing the belly at this point.

It's going to be a sad day when I have to tuck my boobs into my belt, but I'd rather have to lift the funbags than be heavy and miserable any longer.

RIP Boobs.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I've been helping with both of my grandmothers as they age, and both could tuck their girls into their trousers.... I've made a simple decision: at 80, I'm getting them lifted. Not to "perky," just outta the waist band...
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and got mine lifted when I needed a benign tumor removed (was having surgery anyway). There are soooo many women with fake ones. If you see something that looks freaky-perfect, it's probably bought and paid for :D

There's no way my heavy boobs defied gravity on their own that many years. Just sayin' ;) Don't compare yourself to folks thinking they didn't have a lot of help. They certainly might have!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'm still a 34GG. Allow me to provide you with a moment of zen for you boob loss: Not having to suffer through the discomfort of a high-impact cardio routine plus DOMS the day after doing bench presses/push-ups. Owie.
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    [quote/]
    Just sayin' ;) Don't compare yourself to folks thinking they didn't have a lot of help. They certainly might have!
    [/quote]

I tend to compare but you're right. I know all the help available on the market and will definitely buy me some!
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Allow me to provide you with a moment of zen for you boob loss: Not having to suffer through the discomfort of a high-impact cardio routine plus DOMS the day after doing bench presses/push-ups. Owie.

You're soo right! I do feel more confortable while exercising but I don't find enough comfort in that.. I might not want them as big as they used to be for that reason though
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    First..GIRL...you have a way with words. I love it. Sorry you're experiencing boob-less-ness. We do identify ourselves with our bodies and for us girls, the boobs are an important facet of our identities. However, even though you now shop in the' tiny rack for a tinier rack', at least you can workout with abandon and not worry about how the twins are looking. :smile:
  • st_scrivener
    Options
    I have 25-35 pounds to go and my boobs are like deflated balloons filled with Jell-O. And I'm 21. The skin around it reminds me of tissue paper, the way it looks so thin and wrinkly. I used to be a DD, now I can barely fill a B cup. It used to really bother me; now, not so much. What really bothers me is all the loose skin around my stomach and thighs. When I bend over, my stomach pools together and droops into this weird shape I can't even describe. Super sexy when I'm trying to do planks and my shirt accidentally rides up a little! Also, when I sit down on, say, the toilet seat, the skin on my legs pours over the sides so it looks like my *kitten* is swallowing the entire toilet.