I HATE WATER?!

Options

Replies

• Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Its very important to love water - coke, tea, or beer does not replace water, in fact the sodium in drinks with cause your body to hold onto water, pure water increases your metabolism rate, it's like fuel to your body to burn calories, while its a good idea to drink plenty of water after eating a meal.

You can diet without any water, it's just a lot more frustrating, and you have to expect to see more ups than downs on the scale.

If if you want to be in full control of your diet, water is a must.
  • Aisha192012
    Options
    I hate it too, between the ages of 10-17 I drank about 10 cups.. IN A YEAR. Now I manage atleast a few cups/bottles a day. Infusing it is a great tip, also as a substitute for juice. I also find as long as its really cold I can drink it. Good luck!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been dieting for a while now and have lost quite alot but there is just one problem; the water. I can't drink it AT ALL, it just makes me feel sick and horrible. I can't drink juice because there is too many calories and soda is bad. Help?

Good suggestions here.

Buy a beautiful BPA-free plastic water bottle (and a bottle brush to clean it), sold everywhere in drugstores and grocery stores. Keep it full of filtered water and fruit slices (lemon, lime, etc.). Herb tea might work, too.

I'm a confirmed water hater :angry: but enjoy drinking it when it's flavored and in a nice bottle. I don't know about other people, but water seems to make a big difference in my life.... I'm less hungry when I drink it and seem to lose more weight and feel better.
  • journey_man
    journey_man Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Right up there as far as first world problems go.

How does that even happen? How does one grow to hate something as basic, vital and ubiquitous as... water?
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Its very important to love water - coke, tea, or beer does not replace water, in fact the sodium in drinks with cause your body to hold onto water, pure water increases your metabolism rate, it's like fuel to your body to burn calories, while its a good idea to drink plenty of water after eating a meal.

You can diet without any water, it's just a lot more frustrating, and you have to expect to see more ups than downs on the scale.

If if you want to be in full control of your diet, water is a must.
    Citations on this, please? I ask because I've already linked to snopes, which links to several peer-reviewed studies refuting the above.
  • XjXannX
    XjXannX Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hate to be blunt but suck it up and drink it. Your not gonna die. If u want results not everything is great.

This. Water is good for you. If it's making you sick then maybe you're drinking too much too fast?
  • PhitnessWorks
    Options
    I totally agree!!!

If water literally makes you sick, you need to see your doctor.

If you just don't like it... well #firstworldproblems

And the flavored waters from walmart/target are basically just diet 7up.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    all you need to worry about is hydration , NOT WATER. if you do not want to drink water then don't it will not kill you or slow down your weight loss. I personally love the Hawaiian punch packets they are 10 calories and have Vitamin C on top of tasting great. But The old theory that it has to be plain water or nothing is just crap.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283

"In addition, beverages such as milk and juice are composed mostly of water. Even beer, wine and caffeinated beverages — such as coffee, tea or soda — can contribute."

This is the Mayo Clinic not some Dr.Oz nonsense.
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Smart Water by Glaceau is a life saver. It's got a more...crisp feel and it feels different in my mouth. I love it. Plus, it has electrolytes and such for extra hydration. But, also look into the flavor drops by Dasani, Hawaiian Punch, Mio, etc. Or Propel Water, or the water from WalMart that's flavored and carbonated. They're all very good options.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    I understand how that is. I'm a former water hater here and every time I drank it, I hated it more. I am still a Coke Zero addict. But diet soda and tea was how I got my fluids. Then I tried an "ultra pure" water (it was called Ice Age and was fairly pure) and it tasted clean and was refreshing. I'm one of those really weird people, I taste the dirt in "Spring Water". Find a good water store that has a great filteration system for their water dispensers and try that. Take it slow because the adverse affects your body is experiencing is that you're not used to drinking water. If it'll help you drink it, try to flavor the water, start natural with fruit, and if that doesn't work then move to the tablets or liquid flavorings.
  • Kowee84
    Kowee84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    ive gone from coke to water.. yeah it was a shock.. but i found Cheaper water in bottles taste different to the more expensive.. and yeah i know water doesnt have a taste.. but it does when its not "natural springwater" im still getting to my 8 glasses a day.. but ive started and im off the coke completely.. (i feel like im an an aa meeting only for coke, my name is kelly and i havent had coke for 1 month- everyone claps) little steps and trying out the different advice.. ull have it in no time!! we all will :)
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Stick a shot of vodka in it....

lol
  • bkjk997
    bkjk997 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That's a toughie if you don't like water. Have you tried drinking it through a straw or in a water bottle instead of a glass? For some odd reason that I cannot explain, those both help me. The straw helps me sip smaller amounts and I'm able to consume more in a day (not always my quota, but more than without it).

Water upsets my stomach, especially if I drink it first thing in the morning. I prefer room temperature water, but in the summer, I can drink it colder. It makes a difference on how my stomach reacts, so I leave out a glass of water at night so that I can drink first thing in the morning at room temp.

Also, I love adding a slice of lemon & lime, especially in the summer.

Perhaps someone with more experience can chime in here, but if you drink herbal (caffeine-free) tea, it can count as your liquid intake. I don't think you absolutely *have* to be drinking water only, as long as you're not drinking junk like soda, coffee, or sugary drinks. This is an older article, but I just came across it yesterday:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/5281046.stm

I'd love to hear other opinions on that, though.

Best of luck!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I hate oxygen, too
  • rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options
    I used this to get off the soda addiction...

Juice of half a lime
    32 oz water, filtered, bottled, or even sparkling water
    Stevia to sweeten... I use Now brand organic...

5 calories a serving...
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I start my day with 20oz of coffee and 8oz of skim milk. That makes 3.5 cups down on my water before 9 am. Decaf tea is also wonderful.
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If it is actually making you sick, you should see your doctor and look into your water supply. It is possible that there could be something in your water supply that doesn't agree with you.

If you just don't like it, see all the other sugestions in this thread.
  • BigAlNyc
    BigAlNyc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Too fast or too cold - I would drink Ice Cold water in the morning and have the urge to puke, sometimes I did, when I switched to room temp water, and sipped it, it would go down fine.

Get a variety pack of Celestial Seasonings Fruit Tea sampler, it has 5 varieties of decaf flavored teas, if you need to sweeten it, use Stevia or a drop of honey.

I like to get different herbs from the Health Food store (Ginger Root, Elderberry, etc) and make a strong pot of tea and then dilute it in a gallon water jug.

Also a water container that you cannot see thru and has a straw or spout will keep you from knowing how much you have had until it's almost empty.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been dieting for a while now and have lost quite alot but there is just one problem; the water. I can't drink it AT ALL, it just makes me feel sick and horrible. I can't drink juice because there is too many calories and soda is bad. Help?

This is ridiculous. Water doesn't make you sick, that's not even possible unless your drinking it out of a stream or something.

So barring giardia or cryptosporidium infection It's not actually making you sick. So forget that. If it's making you FEEL sick...well don't let it. That's silly, it's the wussiest intolerance ever and everyone will know it's not even real. Break that association. Don't let psychosomatic shenanigans jerk you around, it's a stupid way to go through life.
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    One time, I went on a water binge and drank too much and felt awful and dizzy, that was about 10 years ago. Now, I love water, I have to pee all the fricking time but I love it. It fills me up, makes me less hungry, there are no calories, love it.

But, if you hate water, maybe, try flavoring it, try bottled water, try cold, room temperature, with tea, play around with it until you find a way to love it.

Good luck!