if one more person pushes shakeology on me i swear..

Options

Replies

• mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    alot of people should be coaches for it if they are gonna coach but alot of them dont really coach they preach about the shake haha and yah i love those shaker cups too :)
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I love beachbody and their products, mainly P90 but I think a big problem they have is that (if i'm not mistaken) they allow just anyone to be a beachbody coach. No offense but if I want a coach I would like someone who knows about the product, has had great results, etc. Alot of ppl be a coach because they get the discount on the product and then you have all these ppl pushing the product to get cash from it.

I actually agree with this and I am a coach. There are a lot of people who I think shouldn't be. :\
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    shakeology is just a shake its got protein and good stuff but i think the placebo effect is what makes people think they dont have cravings..

For me: 8 months with no cravings so far!! That's one amazing placebo!!
  • mccorml
    Options
    mind over matter; you can go your whole life without spending a buck thats one amazing placebo!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    shakeology is just a shake its got protein and good stuff but i think the placebo effect is what makes people think they dont have cravings..

I've been drinking it for longer than you...since it first came out...and I have NOT noticed reduced cravings. In fact, my cravings are only reduced when I CHEW my food and that means protein shakes and other meal replacement shakes don't do it for me either. Maybe that's just me?

I drink Shakeology because it has eliminated my need for a multivitamin since it has all the stuff in it...and the chocolate tastes good.

I totally agree that Beachbody needs to have some sort of requirements for being a coach. I didn't become one until 2007, which is after I finished Power 90, Turbo Jam, and P90X and was in the best shape of my life. I don't understand why they let flat out obese and out of shape people become someone else's coach when they haven't even "coached" themselves into better health. It's like going into a department store and the sales rep has no idea how to use the products they are selling. That kind of thing gives the rest of us bad names...
  • mccorml
    Options
    i totally agree with you i am on my second week of insanity and i wouldnt dare tell someone advice about how to do it unless i at-least finished half unless someone asked me how to do 123 hiesmans
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

I've been drinking it for longer than you...since it first came out...and I have NOT noticed reduced cravings. In fact, my cravings are only reduced when I CHEW my food and that means protein shakes and other meal replacement shakes don't do it for me either. Maybe that's just me?

I drink Shakeology because it has eliminated my need for a multivitamin since it has all the stuff in it...and the chocolate tastes good.

I totally agree that Beachbody needs to have some sort of requirements for being a coach. I didn't become one until 2007, which is after I finished Power 90, Turbo Jam, and P90X and was in the best shape of my life. I don't understand why they let flat out obese and out of shape people become someone else's coach when they haven't even "coached" themselves into better health. It's like going into a department store and the sales rep has no idea how to use the products they are selling. That kind of thing gives the rest of us bad names...
    and another great post from Lyadeia :flowerforyou: :wink: Love how your mind works! I can't speak for the first part as I've never tried it but I'm once again in total agreement with the 2nd part of what you've shared.:drinker: It's simply common sense it would seem.:flowerforyou:

Just the other day I had a BB coach trying to convince me it's important to drink Shakeology several times a day as a snack... a snack? :noway: I dunno...it can get a bit confusing around here sometimes...hearing one thing then something quite different. So it IS a meal replacement then? OK well I did think having it for a snack 3 times a day sounded a bit much:laugh: . I'm not using the product but was simply surprised to hear that is all.
  • AdventureVia
    AdventureVia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    and this is why i hate multi-level marketing.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    and this is why i hate multi-level marketing.

:drinker:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options

Again, I completely agree with everything you've said. The more coaches I see posting here, the less comfortable I am even admitting I'm a coach. :frown: On Shakeology, I used to drink it daily because I was getting nutrients I wasn't otherwise likely to get, and I enjoyed the chocolate (after discovering how good it was when I added cinnamon). But, honestly, even with the coach discount, it's not worth it to me to pay that much money for it. I think it's a good product, but I can't justify that kind of money. Plus, I'm rather enjoying using those calories on food I can chew. For people who like meal replacement drinks or want to drink their supplements, I think it's a great solution. I'm just not one of those people.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Becca, just to clarify...it IS a meal replacement, but since it is only 140 calories when mixed with water, a lot of people have it as a snack. Personally, I think it tastes "icky" to say the least when mixed with water. I have to have it in almond milk. So if you can fit it in your diary as a snack, that's what people do. With all the stuff I add to it (almond milk, fruit, etc) I have to have it as a meal replacement because it is too many calories for a snack with all that other stuff in it.

It is marketed as "the healthiest MEAL of the day" but some people have it as snacks if they have the calorie balance. I never do. :bigsmile:

Jill, I feel the same way admitting that I am a coach seeing the behavior of many of the others. Beachbody is a great place for getting exercise DVD's, nutritional supplements, and advice...but gosh darn it, it is NOT the ONLY place!!! Before I was even a coach, I was told by another coach that I should forget joining the Y cause I only need P90X. Hmmm...I don't recall P90X coming with a swimming pool, Turbo Kick and Zumba classes, a massage therapist...but I digress. Cause I love the workouts and what they've done for my body, I can't say bad things about them...but other coaches make me hide in the shadows. It really sucks!!! Especially since I actually won the Million Dollar Body Game monthly contest in March 2008 using P90X...that's the FIRST time I said that here. I used to tell everyone about it cause I believe in the products they put out. But now, I am more cautious about it cause all these other coaches are giving us a bad name with their "buy, buy, buy...sell, sell sell!!!" approach to "coaching." I prefer to motivate people and help them get the results that I got. And if they get results taking no supplements and doing Zumba (which is NOT a BB program), then that's wonderful! I'm just glad that I could help them stay on track and give advice...which is what a coach is supposed to do. IMHO.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I posted a thread asking how much p90x cost and stuff...if it was worth buying it from the beachbody people or could I get it on ebay/craigslist......I got responses on the thread....and then the same people who responded on the thread also emailed me telling me they'd be happy to sell me blah blah blah.....a couple of them friended me and I accepted it. But this one girl emailed me multiple times about it. DUDE! You gave me the information I needed and if I decide to follow up, I will contact you! It didn't take long for me to unfriend her. Pushy pushy person....
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Agreed! It doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg to be healthy and lose weight. You can do it with an 8$ work out video and a little self discipline.
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options

It didn't either for my friend who tried it for about a month. But for me it worked that way.

I use to live for treats (a slice of pizza, pf changs, cinnabon or going someplace special to eat.) Now I can take it or leave it. I use to say I'd have an affair with food. I'd smell it and linger over it! Now it is in its proper place. :bigsmile:
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I get very annoyed with the "Yay Shakeology" thing too. It's expensive, a pain to ship to Canada an I'm not that huge a fan of the flavour. I looooove my milk chocolate Whey Gourmet! I get so annoyed with people saying Shakeology is the be-all and end-all and PMing me trying to get a sale.

I desperately want BeachBody to allow Canadians to be coaches, but not so I can make money. I want to inspire people and help motivate them to make changes. I feel like if I was a BB Coach that I would have more credibiliy.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I get very annoyed with the "Yay Shakeology" thing too. It's expensive, a pain to ship to Canada an I'm not that huge a fan of the flavour. I looooove my milk chocolate Whey Gourmet! I get so annoyed with people saying Shakeology is the be-all and end-all and PMing me trying to get a sale.

I desperately want BeachBody to allow Canadians to be coaches, but not so I can make money. I want to inspire people and help motivate them to make changes. I feel like if I was a BB Coach that I would have more credibiliy.
    This post confuses me! :noway: So let me see if I have this right...You're annoyed with BB, say it's too expensive, a pain to have shipped, don't like the taste, ppl annoy you when they say YAY Shakeology!

Hmm... BUT... you WANT to be coach because you feel that would give you more credibility?:laugh: ...um, Okkk:huh:
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I get what you are saying and I will see if I can clarify.

I want to become a BB coach when I have finished a program and become PROOF that it works and that it's possible for other people to get great results too. I'm not one of those people who would sign up just for the discount or to make money. I don't want to push people or harass them, but serve as a living example of what can be done. Maybe, people would come to me?

Does that make more sense?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    haha I agree! I tried them and they're not even that high in protein. They're gross & I'm sticking to my $18 per 2 lb. thing I can get at any grocery store I choose. :happy:
  • mccorml
    Options
    lol finally the people who arent coaches are expressing their voice muhahaha
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I get what you are saying and I will see if I can clarify.

I want to become a BB coach when I have finished a program and become PROOF that it works and that it's possible for other people to get great results too. I'm not one of those people who would sign up just for the discount or to make money. I don't want to push people or harass them, but serve as a living example of what can be done. Maybe, people would come to me?

Does that make more sense?
    :flowerforyou: Absolutely! I didn't realize you were doing a BB program currently, so yes I understand what you're saying now:wink::drinker: