Self Confidence Dropping with the Pounds (Females)

Options

Replies

• HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Having all that excess fat was just putting you at higher risk for breast cancer. If you are so concerned just open a Christmas club acct and start saving for a new set. Or buy a nice set of cutlets to fill your old bras and give you extra lift. Most fashion models are an A -B cup enhanced to a C with cutlets

This is right about breast cancer. Being overweight is a risk factor. The body makes more estrogen to cover the excess weight.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Im an A :) worse things have happened
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I've lost 13lbs, went from 157lbs to 143lbs, but my problem is...My boobs have gotten smaller as well. And people have notice. I was a C, now I'm a B. And that's hurting myself confidence a lot. But I want to keep losing weight, I'm just scared I'll be an A cup.

I want your opinion, If this was happening to you, what would you do?

Continue to lose, but possibly lose a cup size?
    Or just stop and learn to be happy with what you have now?

I went from a B to a small A. My *kitten* also went from a size 14 to a size 2 jean, so I'll take the trade off :tongue:
  • WSG88
    WSG88 Posts: 13
    Options
    This happened to me as well. When I started this in August 2012 I was 177 pounds and a C cup, now I am 144 pounds and a B cup. I second the padded bra, I use one and I love it though I know this does nothing for you when your naked. I am ok loosing my boobs as long as i'm losing everywhere else as well, it's just how the cookie crumbles.
    OP this is a normal feeling, boobs are overrated imo and I do believe we focus too much on what size we think our boobs should be instead of realizing that were becoming healthier, but that still doesn't change the fact that after we've had them and lost them we feel a little less like ourselves. After you've reached your goal and your body looks amazing, and it will, you wont even care that you went down a cup size or two. Good luck with your goals love!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    What are you good at? What do you like to do? What skills do you have? In what way do you practice your creativity? Are there things you like to ponder? What do you think about, read about? Are you confident when you speak, or are you hesitant with expressing your ideas to other people when out in public?

Once you begin to develop yourself mentally, intellectually, and creatively, you won't rely on your breasts to give you feelings of confidence. Thus it won't matter what size they are because you will become confident in yourself.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    My confidence isn't in my cup size, maybe it's just me. My confidence comes from being better today than I was yesterday, reaching my goals, making new ones and pushing past those, by liking the person I am.

You win!!!:flowerforyou:
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Wear a padded bra??? ;)
  • kaneaap
    kaneaap Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Healthy attitude! Same happens to me, but I'd much rather where pretty, smaller clothes!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Eh. I haven't had anyone talk trash about my small chest yet, except maybe me. Apparently I make up for it with good legs and arms.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    My confidence isn't in my cup size, maybe it's just me. My confidence comes from being better today than I was yesterday, reaching my goals, making new ones and pushing past those, by liking the person I am.

You win!!!:flowerforyou:

^^^^Agreed!

Your self confidence should not be attached to your cup size. Find the things you like about you and concentrate on those. :flowerforyou:

Edited for grammar
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Tight legs and butt > keeping boobs but being flabby. IMHO.
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It's definitely been frustrating these last few weeks as I've noticed my bras getting a little floppy on me, but I've also lost weight around my waist so I'm still proportional. I was frustrated over it this weekend in fact and it kind of helped me put things in perspective when my SO acted like I was nuts for caring about it.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    When I was heavier, I was a DD. I lost the cup sizes quickly. I went to a D, then a C, and now I'm a B. In proportion to my body/frame, I'm still big chested. But my chest is much smaller than it was. It doesn't bother me any. Most people didn't even notice. People would point it out in the beginning, but that was likely because the changes were shocking them. I'd go to see someone I hadn't seen in seven months-and they'd definitely notice that I was no longer a DD. But I am more than just a cup size, so I don't allow it to affect my self confidence. Remember that women come in all shapes and sizes. And so do our chests.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I went from a DD to a B and was ecstatic - no self confidence issues here.

It's nice being able to buy bras and tops that actually fit.

Even if I went down to an A, I would be completely fine with it.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    it's an adjustment at first, but trust me when the rest of your body starts looking better than it ever has you'll stop caring.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I've lost 13lbs, went from 157lbs to 143lbs, but my problem is...My boobs have gotten smaller as well. And people have notice. I was a C, now I'm a B. And that's hurting myself confidence a lot. But I want to keep losing weight, I'm just scared I'll be an A cup.

I get this. My boobs shrunk and are now itty bitty...but button up shirts fit better and a padded bra does wonders....now my undergarments can make clothes look kick *kitten* or whatever. you have more control this way.
  • Redhead_23
    Options
    My boobs and butt are the first to shrink. I heard you can do weight lifting to make your chest appear bigger. Butts can be regrown with squats and lunges. I want to lose at least another 20-25 but I'm sure by the time I'm at my GW I'll be a A, If i'm lucky a small B. GW=Boob Job. I just want full b's or c's.
  • carlalovescake
    Options
    I have lost my boobies :( I went from a C to an AA (otherwise known as flat as a pancake!)

I was a upset but have got over it now :) In fact I rarely even bother with a bra and its very freeing :) I do with anything clingy or that shows the nips through though hehe Jumpers don't show nips too much but may have to reconsider in summer with t-shirts etc...

As other posters said, I'd rather be thinner and flat chested than fatter and uncomfortable. However I would have been much happier had the fat gone from my thighs than my chest!

No boob job for me though (costs such a lot, the pain of the op and the fact I could die having surgery for a pair of bigger boobs seems too much).
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I think you need to be more focused on the health aspects, getting into good shape Is a good thing to do - personally, I don't think the vanity issues outweigh the health benefits of being in good physical condition.....

From a guy's point of view, as far as appearance goes, I much prefer seeing a body that's in proportion to itself. A thin woman with large boobs can look somewhat like a cartoon character - everybody's body is different & should be viewed as a whole on it's own. If - when your journey is completed & you are good & healthy - you feel the need to address it, you can decide then what, if anything, you want to do. I wouldn't make any decisions now while you're still contemplating changing your body because you may end up happy with the overall result when you're done. You're looking at the first area of your body to shrink, so it's not in the same proportions you're used to seeing. When you are done you just might be happier with the overall transformation than you are right now. I most certainly would not let boob size affect your self-confidence, realistically your self-confidence should be growing because you are working hard to make positive changes to yourself. That's not an easy thing to undertake, yet you have & you are experiencing results. THAT'S something to be confident about - the fact that you know you can do this.........
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Gee, wish I was in your shoes. :bigsmile: My boobs are the last to lose weight.

Seriously, you are losing weight and your health is improving. So what if your boobs are getting smaller. Enjoy your weight loss journey.

As for other people, do they comment on your shrinking boobs? If so, that's pretty rude. If they are not commenting, perhaps it's just your perception that they are paying attention and noticing?