MFP Runner's Club July 27

Options
2»

Replies

• StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I did 10.3 yesterday for the first time!! Ran it really slow but still respectable time - like a 10:30 pace. I lost my running buddy at mile 3 and I didn't have my Ipod because I thought we would be talking the whole run - so it was monotonous listening to my breathing and the thud of my feet...But at least I know I can do it and I am ready for my race which is less than one month away.

Wow, that is great, I don't think I could have done it without my Ipod. I get my motivation from it with the songs I pick. Eye of the Tiger from Rocky and stuff like that and fast up beat songs like from Kid rock and Cher. 9 miles with just my breathing would have been tough.
    :bigsmile: :drinker: :happy: :wink: :bigsmile: :drinker: :happy: :wink:

I always run without listening to anything. Am I the only one?:tongue:

What happened to your running buddy at mile 3?

You strike me as a person who has a lot of other things on her mind and probably keeps herself occupied with her own thoughts. I would just bore myself to death if I had to listen to myself think for an hour. Ha ha ha:laugh: :tongue: :happy:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I did 10.3 yesterday for the first time!! Ran it really slow but still respectable time - like a 10:30 pace. I lost my running buddy at mile 3 and I didn't have my Ipod because I thought we would be talking the whole run - so it was monotonous listening to my breathing and the thud of my feet...But at least I know I can do it and I am ready for my race which is less than one month away.

Wow, that is great, I don't think I could have done it without my Ipod. I get my motivation from it with the songs I pick. Eye of the Tiger from Rocky and stuff like that and fast up beat songs like from Kid rock and Cher. 9 miles with just my breathing would have been tough.
    :bigsmile: :drinker: :happy: :wink: :bigsmile: :drinker: :happy: :wink:

I always run without listening to anything. Am I the only one?:tongue:

What happened to your running buddy at mile 3?

You strike me as a person who has a lot of other things on her mind and probably keeps herself occupied with her own thoughts. I would just bore myself to death if I had to listen to myself think for an hour. Ha ha ha:laugh: :tongue: :happy:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!

I did it! I just got back from my half-marathon! I finished in 2:05:08, which was nine and a half minute miles. (That's so much faster than I expected!) I think the atmosphere of the race just inspired me, and I decided to push it as hard as I could. It was a nice course in Camas, WA. Part of it was by a lake, and part of it was by a golf course. It wasn't an easy course though as there were lots of smaller hills, which made it tougher. The killer was from mile 12 to 12.5 there was a VERY steep hill. My husband said that was just mean to put that at the end of the race, and I tend to agree with him. I had to walk partway up that last hill because I didn't have anything left and I started to feel like I might throw up, but other than that I felt great about how I did. Right now my back is sore again, so I hope that goes away soon. I think I'll go take a nap now.

Have a great Sunday everybody!:flowerforyou:

That is FANTASTIC! Way to go. I hope you enjoyed your well-deserved nap!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Did 5 miles today, although it was supposed to be a rest day. Does anyone else have a hard time with the rest days? It was such a beautiful morning, I just felt like I had to get out there and run to enjoy it.

Also - I finally got my bike tuned-up and installed a toddler seat on the back. My 2-year old daughter, Wynne ,and I rode bike for about an hour today. It was so enjoyable and she absolutely loved it. I'm so psyched that I can fit some exercise in with her again. She used to be awesome in the jog stroller, but once she turned two, she wanted no part of it. It was nice to get out with her again.

Good job on your runs, everyone!
  • jpritts
    jpritts Posts: 36
    Options
    Made it out at about 3:00 today. Had to do it i the heat after work as it was my only chance. I ran 3 miles. Near the end of my run, I stepped in a pot hole, and it caused an immediate cramp in my calf muscle, that brought me to my knees. A nice lady driving by thought I was having a stroke or a heart attack and called 9-11(how embarrassing) I quickly told her I was O.K and was able to call the county dispatch from her phone and cancel the bus. What a day it has been.:embarassed:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I know no one will see this, but since I didn't do my run this morning what I did do was about 2 hours of gardening and then a 30 minute bike ride and a 20 min run on the treadmil at 5+ miles per hour. It actually was a great run for me on the treadmill, worked up a great sweat. Now I really need to eat something because I haven't even reached my daily 1200 calories yet. Getting to good at eating low calorie meals that I am eating all day and still not eating enough.
    SM