How do you record your weight training?

Options
Tykk
Tykk Posts: 153 Member
MFP is good for recording cardio, but rather tedious for weight training. Do any of you have a tool you use for that? The best I've found so far is JEFit, which I don't find that great, and it doesn't connect to MFP. What do you all use? Thanks!

Replies

• ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I use the runtastic app to log all my workouts, and it syncs with mfp
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I use Jefit to track the actual weights, then just enter the total time under cardio on MFP (search Strength Training).
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I use a pen and a piece of paper then save the workouts in a binder. Technology changes so fast, who knows if next year the app you were using will still be functional...old school:)
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I use JeFit to record weights, reps, routine. MFP to record calories burned for exercise.
  • RunningSal
    Options
    I find recording weights a right pain so I'm going to try this JeFIT - see how it goes..........
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Same as above, I use JeFIT. Best app I have found so far..... Best of Luck
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I just record my cardio and use my strength training as an extra bonus.....
  • devodev44
    devodev44 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I was a Jefit fan (and still think it's great) but got hooked on Gymgoal as it works for my programs better.
  • MickeS
    MickeS Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Jetfit! Took a while to get the hang of it. Now I'm finding some cool statistics and stuff in there. I've stopped logging my lifts & weights her. Just the time under cardio.
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I like JeFIt for the reps. I use a HRM and track it that way on MFP or just not track it at all. That's usually what ends up happening.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm the only one that uses excel spreadsheet

Lol
  • trkinsky
    trkinsky Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I also find the strength recording tedious in MFP. I started using my HRM and record the total burn under my cardio setting by naming the exercise as circuit training.
  • mikemc620
    mikemc620 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have an excel spreadsheet that I print out. So I use that for a few cycles or until I need to make a change. I also record everything on fitocracy. I like having my numbers backed up.
  • Tykk
    Tykk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Ok, so it sounds like JEFIT it is. One their forums they posted that they hope to integrate with MFP some day. I really hate putting in everything twice. I guess logging as general weight training is fine. Thanks everyone!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I just record it in a composition notebook. Those black and white ones you used in school that were about a buck. Works great for me.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Another great app is Fitness Buddy. Probably better than JEfit, never really liked JEFit.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I use Fitocracy. I also have used Jefit. Both are good tools, but I found Jefit to be not as user friendly as Fitocracy.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Fitocracy currently; I like the app a lot and the points system is entertaining. The community is also pretty sweet. Their feed filtering could use some work, but it's way better than this site still so I can't really complain.

I've started mirroring on TheSquatRack, but that's not really a site everyone can join or anything, and it's still a WIP.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I just log it in Cardio as "strength training".... but I'm not really concerned with the burn amount it gives me because I go by my fitbit number anyway.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I wear my HRM and track it as strength training under cardio.